• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Anode Putter

I have a very advanced understanding of disc flight and i don't need to write a book or deeply explain myself when saying something to any of you.

If you aren't here to share/explain/discuss your "very advanced understanding of disc flight", then why are you here?

Its obvious enough to me that the ion is more stable than the anode that it didn't require such an in depth explanation.

Look outside. It's pretty obvious that the Earth is flat, eh? And I bet the noobs on hole 1 are full of obvious understandings of disc golf.

I went back and read everything you said and i don't disagree with most of it, except the parts where you condescendingly assumed i didn't understand something about disc flight, lol, this is like 5th grade all over again..

I tend to explain concepts when I reference them because we are not just two people here having a conversation...When people google the things we're talking about, our discussion comes up. It has nothing to do with what I assume you know or don't.

BTW, what AM I supposed to assume you know? Much of your posting lately paints you in a very ignorant light. Though if I thought you had nothing to offer I'd completely ignore you. Go play some golf and collect yourself because you are better than your recent posting.

He's not worth the time discspeed. He's ignorant as hell, rather hopeless if you ask me.

I have been here for a long time and have never seen a post from you that is even worth reading, you jump in and make one liners that contribute nothing, if to only add fuel to the fire.. That is purely stupidity and ignorance by definition.

Discspeed, that's a good point you make to explain things in depth for people who are searching for the "why" and not just the "what", even though the information is available all over the forums.

I will let you Anode guys be now and continue throwing my Ion :)

I went back and read everything you said and i don't disagree with most of it, except the parts where you condescendingly assumed i didn't understand something about disc flight, lol, this is like 5th grade all over again..

Last year sucked, huh?

I have been here for a long time and have never seen a post from you that is even worth reading, you jump in and make one liners that contribute nothing, if to only add fuel to the fire.. That is purely stupidity and ignorance by definition.

Discspeed, that's a good point you make to explain things in depth for people who are searching for the "why" and not just the "what", even though the information is available all over the forums.

I will let you Anode guys be now and continue throwing my Ion :)

The forum wasn't built for everyone having vast knowledge. This is for people who have questions or want to discuss a disc. I have seen him do both. Why do we need to argue and get on each others nerves anyways? It's a freaking disc golf forum guys. Seriously, there is no point in arguing. Just be honest with who you are on here and have fun playing disc golf.

Last year sucked, huh?

Good one.

Why do we need to argue and get on each others nerves anyways? It's a freaking disc golf forum guys. Seriously, there is no point in arguing.

Yet you come on here a fuel the fire more? :clap:

Anyways, the Anode is a great disc. Too bad its not an Ion though. :D

Yeah, five months dude, you've been here forever. Being here a "long time" doesn't mean your posts hold any more water as opposed to someone else. Look, I posted more than a one liner!

Maybe you should stop ordering MVP discs and pay off that possession ticket.

Here's an interesting fact...the guy who created the Ion uses Anodes.

The first MVP disc to replace my Challenger was the Anode, now i use an Ion instead.. both good discs though, to each his own.

Maybe you should stop ordering MVP discs and pay off that possession ticket.

Why would i do that, when I'm making money? You're on a roll with those intelligent posts, keep it up.

^its not directed just wondering what people's preferences are.

A lot of people drive with Soft Proton, but putting is very split, some like stiff others like soft. Whatever feels comfortable to you. Also depends on your style, spin putters tend to like soft more, and push/pitch putters sometimes will ONLY throw stiff putters, like me.

I'm a splush putter but more on the side of spin. I straddle putt. I don't like softs on this warmer weather.

I am also wondering what stability difference if any between regular protron and neutron.

I'm a splush putter but more on the side of spin. I straddle putt. I don't like softs on this warmer weather.

I am also wondering what stability difference if any between regular protron and neutron.

You sound like one of the few people who putts similarly to the way I do. I find the softs take and hold spin better, especially at lower speeds...better than any putter I've thrown actually. So it feels very effortless for me with the softs. When I pick up a reg or N Anode and putt it, they feel heavier/deader in the air and I have to compensate with more spin, push, or height. Caveat about the softs though, they are more sensitive to OAT and wind (especially combined). This can be frustrating at first (it was a bit for me) when every few throws or putts you get some wobble. Now that I'm clean they fly like magic and deal with wind just fine.

Straddle putters do not have as much weight shift power as those with a staggered stance, so I've always looked for the easiest disc for me to get to the basket. For me that is a low to mid 170s soft Anode with a decent dome.

For driving I've carried both reg P Anodes and Neutrons. In the end I didn't find that either really added any shots to my game that I couldn't do with my softs. Both take more to get going for me than the Softs, and they fly a tick faster (so better on line drives). Both tolerate OAT better. I just love the slowness of soft Anode drives...Nothing is so straight and slow for so long. It is my favorite disc.

No fuel was added if you ask me..

Things calm down and die out then you bring it back up again, that's what I'm talking about.

Medium. The softs tend to bounce out alot for me..

I agree with that, i miss more putts because of strange bounces and hitting the pole on a perfect put with softs, it has more flex but its like the flex turns it into a bouncy ball sometimes

Last edited:
Medium. The softs tend to bounce out alot for me..

I agree with that, i miss more putts because of strange bounces and hitting the pole on a perfect put with softs, it has more flex but its like the flex turns it into a bouncy ball sometimes

Hmm, that is exactly the opposite for me. The med bounced around and out, while the softs tended to "grab and hold" the chains better for me.
Possibly due to differences in putting styles?

Edit - I should say that I don't putt w/ Anodes, just drive w/ them now.

Latest posts