• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Axis

Depends on your C-MD2. Mine? Wind resistance, yes. Fade, heck no. Nowhere near.

I've thrown 4 different production CMD2s, all deflashed, and all faded much closer to a Vector than an Axis. They faded a little later, but it was less forward and more abrupt.

If your Vector overlaps with your MD2, there's something wrong with either your MD2 or your Vector.

Vector is an overstable mid, MD2 is a neutral to slightly overstable mid.

If your Vector overlaps with your MD2, there's something wrong with either your MD2 or your Vector.

Vector is an overstable mid, MD2 is a neutral to slightly overstable mid.

Have you tested the color spectrum of the CMD2s? The ones I threw faded harder than new KC or dx Rocs. Even Climo threw a poor shot with one as it behaved much more overstable than he expected.

I was thinking of adding a vector but discspeed's comment "I've thrown 4 different production CMD2s, all deflashed, and all faded much closer to a Vector than an Axis. They faded a little later, but it was less forward and more abrupt." had me thinking I wouldn't get any value by adding it.

Is the CMD2 overstable for you? Do you have to throw it with anhyzer to get a straight shot?

I throw it flat, and its pretty neutral (pink, not usdgc), but I just picked up a wine colored one as I had heard those are more overstable than the pinks and I was hoping it might cover my needs.

I have heard that the CMD2s don't have to break in too long to lose that overstability, so that would probably leave them in the middle between the Vector and Axis.

Here's how I would compare the MD2 and MVP's mids...
The MD2 holds the line out of the hand like the Axis, but fades a little earlier and less forward. It also glides less, dropping faster as it loses speed. It is closer to the Buzzz in some ways. Even the overstable CMD2s I threw held a slight anny line that made the fade more forward and produced a fairly straight shot with a slight left finish (rhbh). The Vector would resist curving to the right off a slight anny release due to the sizable bead, and would be very tricky to get to fly on a slight S curve like that.

Thanks discspeed this helps alot, hoping jubuttib gets his Axes soon will do a write up from the md2 side. So I am thinking MD2s will keep my molds down, but not positive yet.

btw fix your sig, I am guessing you have a perm place in your bag for the Axis :)

@Someth1ng: Pink C-MD2 you say? Gummy, flat? Those things are suh-weet.

For what it's worth, I'm probably the biggest MD2 lover out there and I supplement mine with the Vector for overstable duties. I need to get my hands on an Axis but I already have a feeling it's going to kick out my P-MD2's, leaving me with the wind resisting neutral C-MD2's and the beat to understable D-MD2's (not going to change those for a Fuse).

Yes Pink, Flat, gummy, definately different than my wine colored one

yeah that pretty much tells me what I figured. Now where to find D-MD2s.

Last edited:
I've got the yellowish green cmd2, which is supposedly the most OS color, and at first it was a lot like a kc pro roc in stability with a good fade but after a month the fade was all but gone and it got really neutral leaning slightly towards OS and it's pretty much stayed there, it holds lines just as good as the axis imo except on bigger anny's where the axis will hold a smooth drawn out line to finish while the cmd2 will usually start to fade back out of the turn towards the end.

The axis does have more glide but overall I think the axis is very similar to a broken in cmd2 with the axis being a bit more neutral.

After playing another axis/ion round I missed my mako for understable duties, the axis wants to stay stable to much to accomplish the tight turns I can do with my mako, it's turn is more drawn out which is better for working slighter left to right shots.

Last edited:
I'll find out wednesday when I take a bunch of new discs out for a spin at Valley Springs...Axis, Glo FLX Buzzz, Swan2, Memorial CFLX Challenger, and maybe a Trident...should be an interesting round!

I'll find out wednesday when I take a bunch of new discs out for a spin at Valley Springs...Axis, Glo FLX Buzzz, Swan2, Memorial CFLX Challenger, and maybe a Trident...should be an interesting round!

I plan on doing similar this friday, except it's a Sole, Ibex, Axis and maybe try to beat in my winter Trak a bit. Always fun to throw different. Going to see if either the Axis or Ibex will make the bag, see if there is any overlap and what they would be replacing. Looking forward to putting them through the paces.

Some of us NC guys are playing Leigh Farm on wednesday if you want to hang out with us losers instead.

I plan on doing similar this friday, except it's a Sole, Ibex, Axis and maybe try to beat in my winter Trak a bit. Always fun to throw different. Going to see if either the Axis or Ibex will make the bag, see if there is any overlap and what they would be replacing. Looking forward to putting them through the paces.

I plan on doing the same with the Ibex and Axis as soon as I can get a lighter weight Axis.

and I may get to throw my new olf a few times as well as my cryztal buzzz and cryztal challenger

OOh...I dunno. I did my quarterly round at Leigh Farm already...I go every few months to remind myself why I don't go there more often.
Kudos to the guys upkeeping the place and all, but damned if I don't feel like I'm being served a pizza that was just made by a 7 year-old after he'd gone to the candy store for toppings...

OOh...I dunno. I did my quarterly round at Leigh Farm already...I go every few months to remind myself why I don't go there more often.
Kudos to the guys upkeeping the place and all, but damned if I don't feel like I'm being served a pizza that was just made by a 7 year-old after he'd gone to the candy store for toppings...

Are you saying its too gimmicky? Not really sure what you are getting at.means Do not give into evil, but proceed boldly against it.

Latest posts