• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Axis

I'm glad I'm not the only one waiting for a lighter Axis to put it against some other molds. Going to have a Core in my regular weight to go against the heavier Axis and the heavier Axis might still win out from what I saw this last weekend. Haven't thrown a Core for a while though.

I'm glad I'm not the only one waiting for a lighter Axis to put it against some other molds. Going to have a Core in my regular weight to go against the heavier Axis and the heavier Axis might still win out from what I saw this last weekend. Haven't thrown a Core for a while though.

I'm with ya. I want to try one but at those weights I need to hit the gym first! The two Ibex testers I got both scaled at 181 & it feels like I'm throwing a brick

Played two rounds this morning with just using my Axis and an Ion. Love the Axis so far, I was throwing a Crystal Z Buzzz before but the Axis is straighter with less fade for me and seems more consistent. Pretty much about the same distance but the Axis can get there on a lower line then the Buzzz. Came pretty close to hitting an ace on a big hyzer over trees on a 280ft hole.

I think the Vector/Axis/Fuse combo will be perfect unless MVP comes out with an understable Mid.

Brand new to the forum, but this thread convinced me to order an axis from discgolfcenter. I'm excited to give it a shot.

I'm with ya. I want to try one but at those weights I need to hit the gym first! The two Ibex testers I got both scaled at 181 & it feels like I'm throwing a brick

Thats what I was expecting the 179 Axis to feel like, but it really didn't. Feels pretty good actually and there is a good chance the heavy sticks around even after acquiring some lighter ones.

Played two rounds this morning with just using my Axis and an Ion. Love the Axis so far, I was throwing a Crystal Z Buzzz before but the Axis is straighter with less fade for me and seems more consistent. Pretty much about the same distance but the Axis can get there on a lower line then the Buzzz. Came pretty close to hitting an ace on a big hyzer over trees on a 280ft hole.

I think the Vector/Axis/Fuse combo will be perfect unless MVP comes out with an understable Mid.

If they are going to do the understable mid, I would love to know about it. I already intend to let go of my heavier Opto Fuses as the Axis takes care of what they were doing, but I would rather not use that to build up my GL Fuses stock if I think MVP might get them a push out of the bag.

I am a fan of the overmolding and a believer in what it does for the weight distribution. I am also a fan at was appears to be a complete lack of seem on the plastic; let alone flash; which seems to make these discs good to go out of the box. That being said; unseating my Fuse would be a hell of a task as it is the ultimate touch disc IMO.

Man the Axis holds a long, gradual, and low anhyzer like nobody's business...I parked a hole today that I used to either throw a driver on or accept a 30-40' putt after using my Fuse/Buzzz. The Axis just holds it's altitude so well when flying turned over, and it never fades out of it.

I also put my broken in Vector back in the bag because the Axis doesn't overlap with it at all.

I will be very curious to see how the Axis beats it...true, it holds an anny out of the box and has a slight turn on a good rip. I'm starting to think new Vector, beat-in Vector, newish Axis, beat-in Axis as a do-all line up.

Of course, at the number of rounds I play and very durable plastic, this may not come true for months...

Of course, at the number of rounds I play and very durable plastic, this may not come true for months...
If they beat in at a rate similar to the IONs (and I'd expect them to last longer, the discs, especially the bead, are much sturdier), you can change that to years.

If they beat in at a rate similar to the IONs (and I'd expect them to last longer, the discs, especially the bead, are much sturdier), you can change that to years.

I find that the new Ions and the other MVP discs start off a little more overstable than they are after a month or two of use. I don't think it takes much wear to let the gyro start dominating the flight a bit more. I've thrown the heck out of my first Axis already, and I have identical backups that have not hit anything and they are noticeably more overstable. Once they break in that first little bit though it is very slow going from there.

I can't decide if I want to put away my Pink one for a while to see if it becomes more valuable or beat it up to hopefully get rid of some stability.

I love the pink color, and got lucky that my wife even let me spend the money to buy an Axis. So I'm doing what i can to make it tolerable and have a slot in my bag

got my 180 uv blue axis today. holy crap! During leagues i forced myself to throw it at a point where I would usually reach for my buzzz (i didnt bust it out until hole 10) and I wish I took the plunge earlier.

I threw it hard and flat.. it went straight as f*ck and had a very gentle fade to the left.

next round that I play i will leave the buzzz at home.

After reading this thread for the past week, I finally got my Axis' in! Got 8 of them, so I'll get out to a field tomorrow and see what all the hypes about.

I can't decide if I want to grab one of these heavy ones now or hold out for a lighter one once available. I usually like to throw 167-170 for most discs but there are a few exceptions in my bag right now. I don't have a big arm and fear that 180 will be like throwing a brick.

Latest posts