• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Axis

Thanks to a trade w/ bfowler, I've got something I've never messed with, a beat up N Axis, not sure of the wt. but it feel less than max. Totally different animal than a max wt. E Axis, which is my usual. I love it, get some late turn out of it, it's more trustworthy not to fade out powered down/standstill. I can get that high/drop pretty srtaight floaty shot going on with it. I'm thinking that, as much as I like the Tangent, I may be able to cover mid shots with 2 Axises (Axese? Axi?) and an Envy.

It's 176. ;)

Toro let me throw his Crave and Envy. Crave was similar to my Servo and the Envy felt exactly like my Alias but was a lot more overstable. I still would like to get a Envy but with my Ion/Alias/Vector setup I'm not sure where it would fit.

So glad I put this back in the bag. It was what I thought the alias might be but wasn't.. duh stick to the script! axis is a better buzz-- I said it.

It's certainly easier to get big distance out of. All purpous wise I think the oat proof ness of the Buzzz serves a purpous for many but if you mash an axis on a hyzer it will glide unlike any Buzzz. I almost feel like the envy is closer to the Buzzz? Am I nuts? Or maybe they split the difference.

I dropped my buzzz for the axis about a year ago. Shortly after the rest of my mids got replaced with mvp. No matter how bad I'm playing I know that my axis will be there for me. I lost my go to axis a while back on a course about a two hour drive from me. A guy found it later and I drove all the way to get it back. It made me realize how much I needed mvp backups.

It's certainly easier to get big distance out of. All purpous wise I think the oat proof ness of the Buzzz serves a purpous for many but if you mash an axis on a hyzer it will glide unlike any Buzzz. I almost feel like the envy is closer to the Buzzz? Am I nuts? Or maybe they split the difference.

no I can see what you mean there. I used to refer to the pure as a "mini buzzz" (pretty sure im the one who coined the phrase lol) but feel like the envy is more similar to a mini DX roc-- You are not nuts at all though and totally agree with the small bead of the axis that the buzzz is a little more forgiving but also range in stability a lot more.

Agreed, play time = over.

I have gained a better understanding/appreciation for the Tangent from my no-Axis-bag experiment, enough that it may still have a sort of designated shots spot in the bag, but what I really learned is that I'm an Axis guy. "Don't go chasin' waterfalls." LOL

Especially now that I've finally exposed myself (heh) to a beat up N. At my standard 85-90% mid throw, it has this awesome late turn, really, it's a R to L fade, that I can finesse with release angles. This and the Envy are my first real MVP cycling slots.

^The Axis is for the gentleman about town with discriminating taste... lol

Seems like there's an either/or thing happening with the Axis/Alias...?

I can't even imagine carrying both those discs. I do think the axis glides better or maybe its just the faster flight which I get more benefit out of than the alias. It was a fun mold to throw but really just went straight. Reminded me of a tensor without fade which was a disc I really never got down with either. Tried but wasn't for me. Vector and axis are pretty similar too given a persons vector set up you could have a beat N that flies a LOT like a fresh axis. Feel wise those discs are very interchangeable just like the ion/anode and tangent/alias but slightly unique flights so a person can carry them all or one really and have success doing so (I have :D lol) just prefer to keep the # of molds as low as possible, specially when it comes to midrange discs.

This thread makes me want to put my 1st run green Axis back in the bag.
I took it out because I got a Fuse and the only way that I was gonna throw it was to take out the Axis.
:eek:

This thread makes me want to put my 1st run green Axis back in the bag.
I took it out because I got a Fuse and the only way that I was gonna throw it was to take out the Axis.
:eek:

you sure I don't have it?! lol.. that's the one I just put back in my bag and dibbed I think from you. its a FR but yellow/green and stickered 180 from community discs. Slight dome too MMM.

What disc would be the better midrange for a semi-beginner trying to clean up his form? The Tangent or the Axis? Instead of going back and forth, I want to stick to one of them, and do midrange and putter rounds.

I got both, and I've only done one round each with them. They seem very similar at my noodle arm level of ~200-220' shots. The biggest difference so far is that the Axis seems to sit better in my hand.

What disc would be the better midrange for a semi-beginner trying to clean up his form? The Tangent or the Axis? Instead of going back and forth, I want to stick to one of them, and do midrange and putter rounds.

I got both, and I've only done one round each with them. They seem very similar at my noodle arm level of ~200-220' shots. The biggest difference so far is that the Axis seems to sit better in my hand.

I tried out both extensively and they are both great discs. The Tangent won out for me because I'm just more accurate with it and because I can power it way down when needed and still get great lines out of it. I keep debating adding the Axis back to the bag but whenever it's there I get midrange shot indecision. Again - no bad choices.

The Axis is probably a bit more 'punishing' of bad form, if you're looking for the "disc as teacher" of the two. Although I'd say it's more rewarding of good form. Neither are the type of disc to turn into a total disaster on a bad throw, the way the Comet and the like will.

I'd say go with your gut and bag the Axis for starters, since it's comfortable in the grip for you. That leads to a good mindset pre-shot, and 90% of this game is half mental.