• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The newer Proton is gummier. I like it better, but to each their own.

Across all new discs? Not specific to mold _____?

Also, I'm a moron and skipped the Proton part of bagging the Crave. Currently have two in there and own more..all from no specific run, dealer, or color scheme:doh:

Whoa whoa whoa....hot butter Proton? Please fill me in. The Proton I know was the OG Eclipse Vector run, FR Axis, and first translucent run of Proton Ions.

There's a difference?

Man o Man, that old Proton was awesome stuff. It was so much better than Neutron.
When this fad with with soft butter plastic blew up, MVP made it gummy and flexy.

Now the Proton is so soft that it vacuums locks if one has sweaty hands. It warps up if one uses a fork or sabre grip to the point that the disc twists off the hand on release.

I don't use power grips often, nor do I use pinch grips. Those seem to work better with soft plastic.

Sorry for the rant, I just want the old Proton back.

Across all new discs? Not specific to mold _____?

Also, I'm a moron and skipped the Proton part of bagging the Crave. Currently have two in there and own more..all from no specific run, dealer, or color scheme:doh:

My first Crave was the Watermelon Proton. Still my favorite even after owning 2 Neutrons and 3 Plasmas.

I am too scared to throw it now after losing my Solar Spinner Clash.

The sparkle resistor I have with a '16 circuit stamp is a stiffer proton. Probably not as stiff as the first release eclipse volt I had a awhile back though...That thing was a plate and very slick. Lost it right about the time it started to get a little tacky...:doh:

I am pretty sure all their discs use the same Proton blend. I haven't bought a new Proton in the last year though, so they may have modified it to be stiffer again. Last one I felt in store though was a Mayhem that felt just as gummy and flexible as the N.

interesting that he likes the tenacity. I bought one and threw the best ever shot on a turnover 500 foot par 4 hole ending up 5 feet from the pin. I was worried though how understable it was right out of the box. I am finding that it has some uses. I go and do field work and its hard to imagine scenarios for a disc like that when I am just throwing on a flat open field other than a roller. But in situations like, Steep uphill, anything really high up it can be quite useful.

Obviously Dollar and I have totally different arms, but both find big D with the Fission Photon. The only disc I've thrown further is the Orbital, and that's only on rare, perfectly angled hyzer flips.

For consistent maximum distance, the Fission Photon is a winner.

Can you compare the flight to a mid 160s Wave?

I've only thrown Waves at both ends of the spectrum, max and 150's. Fission Photon tends to fade more, while the Wave is straighter. (I think that's what Brutus also means by "stalls out")

Putting and throwing E Envys
Throwing E Atoms and a Soft N envy
P Matrix
N resistor
Fireball
Had 3 volts including a sick pink swirly proton team MVP stamped
N and P wrath
Virus
Photons
Octanes
Teleport
tenacity
Energy

I think that's right but couldn't remember some of the plastics. I think he said he was OH fireballs and resistors mostly but also was liking the way his plasma volt was panning. He also said because the way the Atom and envy fly that he doesn't really need mids... Hmmm... where have I heard that before, lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.