• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah mine was not super OS just solid hss with a late fade. Curious how the production runs have come out vs ciruit. Should have my order today i think but expecting rain/snow all day...

I am hoping that the public release matrix will be of a harder plastic. I raved about how much I loved the Matrix when it first came out; 2 weeks in and it had already started to loose its stability. I rarely throw this disc now.

Eclipse discs seem a bit more OS. The Matrix NEEDS the Eclipse treatment.

Last edited:
So I'm visiting Ohio again and I forgot to mail myself a bag to play with. Decided to just buy a fresh set of MVP discs to work with. My buddy had an eclipse Vector I could borrow to round out my bag, but other than that what you see is what I'm throwing. Really excited! This is my first Plasma Crave and my first disc from the Energy / Octane class! Maybe I'll check back in with somempressions later tonight :)

58H1kP.jpg

energy and nitro are some beef 4 sure. Some straight power/torque players dreams but i like the octane/catalyst much more.

Highly suggest it. Straight crushes where i can hardly throw the nitro past 330s and didnt even try the energy. Catalyst is slightly understable at high speed but goes boom with some hyzer. Just hit 450' golf line which is unheard of for me.

Good to see you again, Mike. Looked like you guys were having some fun out there. I would love to see you unleashing on an octane.

Good to see you again, Mike. Looked like you guys were having some fun out there. I would love to see you unleashing on an octane.

Thanks! It was fun being back on the test hole. Local store has a few Octanes so I'll see what I can do. I might ask Santa for a new camera this year and maybe try to get some DG videos going again :)

That was a miss on the throw, Dan. Couldn't ya tell? Looked like an early release or too much hyzer for that disc. But I've seen other video of the Energy and yes it's major beef. Haven't thrown one and don't plan to, the Nitro is plenty OS for me.

Last edited:
Holy crap, the Energy looks OS.

Most OS driver on the market?

I had no idea what the Energy would do, I hadn't looked into that class of drivers yet at all. I guessed the Octane was the more OS one and was wrong. So I threw the Energy like a regular disc, not compensating for the fact that its massively overstable.

Its very aggressive, I threw it some more yesterday. Makes the fade on a Resistor look mild. Was hoping to mess around with it some more today, throwing flicks, skip shots etc., but its raining.

Yeah today was my day scheduled to play a round at arboretum but ya know. 74 degrees on Friday, 40s and rainy the next.

Ion and Anode are available as light as 150g, and the lowest weight I've seen Proxy and Envy is around 160g. How do these light weight putters fly when compared with max weight ones?

i threw my fresh lucid trespass 175g 360ft flat release with a slight drift that held for a long time. do i qualify for 23mm class? i want something faster with -1turn on flat release.
it was pretty damn cold today.+5 celsius i can throw alot farther in 20+.

Last edited:
Ion and Anode are available as light as 150g, and the lowest weight I've seen Proxy and Envy is around 160g. How do these light weight putters fly when compared with max weight ones?

Ive thrown both premium and baseline 155g ions ans they fly as expected but have a ton more glide. Pretty nice to pair up for longer putts etc. I have a beat electron now which is more understable vs the 150 class when new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts