• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
2019 just meet out the window.

How long does it take those guys to freeze butter anyway?

I can see how this might be confusing. The picture released for experimental formulas 1 & 2 does say firm and soft on it, but in actual production releases, it has never said firm

Yeah, and in the Atom discussion here, at least for awhile, it was being referred to as firm and soft versions. :confused:

Yeah, and in the Atom discussion here, at least for awhile, it was being referred to as firm and soft versions. :confused:

Probably just a carryover from the experimental formula thread. All actual MVP info for production electron never said firm, just Electron and Electron Soft

Probably just a carryover from the experimental formula thread. All actual MVP info for production electron never said firm, just Electron and Electron Soft

I know, I have a couple Electron Atoms from right after release(production).

I liked the shape and feel, but I didn't love the chalkiness. I really, really like the extra tacky feel of XT or the Yeti blend aviars.
Sure they're great, just not for me.

You can get rid of a lot of the chalkiness with repeated rinses in water(and dry offs). I usually wash my discs after rounds, and I noticed that happening with Electron compared to a still new and unused Atom I have.

They'll never be tacky, but will get similar in feel to the softer Gateway SS/SSS...if you're okay with that plastic,

XT in putters is nice feel, no doubt. I was at a store awhile back comparing some XT Aviar PnA to KC Pro and Yetis, and I could barely tell the difference between the XT and KC Pro, while the Yetis were slightly tackier.

I'm actually putting with a Proxy now, I like that Neutron feel on release.

http://mvpdiscsports.com/electron-experimental/

That said firm there.

electron-top-tile.jpg

It's not super firm, though, so if they renamed it "medium" or whatever that makes sense. It is "firmer" than the soft, which is pretty soft.

I have one of each.

Definitely not firm at all. Good move to not label them a specific flexibility. They are regular/middle of the road stiffness for sure.

Yep, not firm at all, just how they were referred to for awhile here. Look at posts in the "Atom" thread. You'll see the word "firm Atom" vs soft Atom used all over the place. Definitely carried over from the protos.

Funny what we think of as firm. I would say that regular Electron is firm, but not stiff, if that makes sense. But I know that when most players think firm, they're thinking hard plastic that doesn't give under thumb pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts