• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a question about plastics and cycling...
Love my volts and just tried out an Ion, finding that I like it better than the envy... so if I've got a max weight plasma ion and was looking for that straight proxy-like flight, should I go with beating in an electron Ion or getting an anode? If getting an ion is the answer, what flavor of electron best matches up with plasma as far as rigitidy goes?
For volts: I need a slightly understable fairway and was looking at beating in a couple electron volts. How quick do these get to absolutely flippy, and does the electron in volts have the same stiffness as proton in volts?

Got a question about plastics and cycling...
Love my volts and just tried out an Ion, finding that I like it better than the envy... so if I've got a max weight plasma ion and was looking for that straight proxy-like flight, should I go with beating in an electron Ion or getting an anode? If getting an ion is the answer, what flavor of electron best matches up with plasma as far as rigitidy goes?
For volts: I need a slightly understable fairway and was looking at beating in a couple electron volts. How quick do these get to absolutely flippy, and does the electron in volts have the same stiffness as proton in volts?

Electron ions will season into anode straight pretty quickly and after a while even start to turn when powered on. I have a 150 electron ion that is beat up and throws like a catch frisbee. Anodes are great- thats that.

Reg. Electron is like plasma.

Electron volts will hold up for a few rounds before being straighter and start to turn. I pair a relay with my volts no electron here. Proton volts are stiffer vs electron.

Which Experimental? Blue or non-blue?

Blues are atom protos so non blues. The wing was a little different. There is a disc DNA thing breaking them down i think somewhere...

Edit

10697214_844136852309858_7916259270968568597_o.jpg

Last edited:
Got it AIM. Zam was not specific about which one he bags, thus the question. I know which is which.

As for Electron Volts, they have been nice to cycle threw the bag. Currently working two through the bag. One in the bag since January, and one from about 2 week ago. They do beat in relatively quickly. The more beat in one holds a great turnover line with some fade unless there is a headwind. Bagged some great drop in birdies with this disc. Almost like a 3 year seasoned FR Volt but much quicker.

The regular OS non-blue. Next to the Proxy it's my favorite putter of theirs. I haven't gotten any Particle to try out yet.

Thanks. It is a great putter. I haven't had mine out because of fear that I will love it too much and not be able to use it in competitions. Now at least there is hope. Maybe released in Electron next year. Sometimes I wonder why they have such weird releases. Why release the Spin before this? Or even the delay in releasing Electron Anodes? Or Electron Envys? I assume the brothers have a plan, it just seems odd that they have released the putters in the way they have.

The regular OS non-blue. Next to the Proxy it's my favorite putter of theirs. I haven't gotten any Particle to try out yet.

Yep, the Experimental is legit. If the Particle is the same disc, there will plenty of fans, for sure.

Just put a fresh plaz ion in the bag. Feels so good. Should have plenty of ace ink on it by the end of the month.

Just put a fresh plaz ion in the bag. Feels so good. Should have plenty of ace ink on it by the end of the month.

Quoting myself because I GOT AN ACE with the new plaz ion. 200 foot rhfh shot. Have to raise it a bit over a fence and the basket is blind.

These genuinely surprised me. Normally I'm all about soft putters but I like how these feel. They seem to hold up to tree hits a little better than my regular Electron Ions. Not a drastic difference mind you, but the wing doesn't deform as much.

As always with Ions they're deadly accurate.

Michael, post a video of you smashing a brick wall 100 times each with a soft, reg, and firm ion.

These genuinely surprised me. Normally I'm all about soft putters but I like how these feel. They seem to hold up to tree hits a little better than my regular Electron Ions. Not a drastic difference mind you, but the wing doesn't deform as much.

As always with Ions they're deadly accurate.

What course is that?

Finally... Keep in mind, while you're watching the first several minutes, that the P envy he is throwing is seasoned. He talks about them towards the end.

Finally... Keep in mind, while you're watching the first several minutes, that the P envy he is throwing is seasoned. He talks about them towards the end.

Sounds a lot like my earlier review. Good to know I'm not alone in thinking the Particle is very similar to an Envy.

So, teleport is awesome. I don't have 500' power, so it isn't as US as a lot of the YouTube videos show it, but I tossed it about 40 foot farther than I've ever thrown yesturday. Thing straight bombs.

Status
Not open for further replies.