• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Driver

the_pwnerator

Eagle Member
What do you guys think? Would you buy one?
What would you want it to fly like?

I really hope they release at least a fairway driver in the near future. I'd prefer a stable one to complement my Anode and Axis.

What do you guys think? Would you buy one?
What would you want it to fly like?

I really hope they release at least a fairway driver in the near future. I'd prefer a stable one to complement my Anode and Axis.

Honestly, I wouldn't even be mad if all they ever focused on was making quality putters and mid-ranges (even though I've YET to throw an Axis etc)

There are PLENTY of other drivers out there, but nothing quite like an ion or anode....

Of course people are going to buy. There is a colt status following for MVP and most of disc they make people really like and always find spots in people bags

I think people need to stop talking about a driver from them. It'll come when(if) it comes, and no sooner. I'd rather see them work on a truly understable and overstable wind fighting putter and a gator/drone-like mid than a driver.

I think people need to stop talking about a driver from them. It'll come when(if) it comes, and no sooner. I'd rather see them work on a truly understable and overstable wind fighting putter and a gator/drone-like mid than a driver.

I think a gator/sentinel like disc would cement them in a lot of ways. Having a super wind disc like that, the vector, then axis, then something more understable would be great. I honestly think they are fine on putters... but what do I know.

A driver would be exciting just to see how this technology jump translates to winged disc. If it works well I bet innova will release some blizzard hybrid disc where it has a lot of bubbles on the flight plate but then the rim would be denser heavier plastic with no bubbles in it.

EDIT: I want to seem them fill out their product line in terms of weights before releasing anything else. I wants me some light weight vectors...

I'd rather see them work on a truly understable and overstable wind fighting putter and a gator/drone-like mid than a driver.

What would make the MVP Drone unique? How do you really improve on a meat hook mid anyway? They already do what they're supposed to do. Making them more gyroscopic and giving them more glide isn't going to improve them. A fairway or distance driver would sell so much faster, perhaps speeding up the whole process of MVP putting out quality new stuff.

Understable putter...sure, but there's already a ton of them out there, and eventually the Anode will get there. The Vector won't turn into a stable distance driver with use...

What would make the MVP Drone unique? How do you really improve on a meat hook mid anyway? They already do what they're supposed to do. Making them more gyroscopic and giving them more glide isn't going to improve them. A fairway or distance driver would sell so much faster, perhaps speeding up the whole process of MVP putting out quality new stuff.

Understable putter...sure, but there's already a ton of them out there, and eventually the Anode will get there. The Vector won't turn into a stable distance driver with use...

I didn't really want them to improve upon a meathook mid, I just want to make one so I don't have to look for the ever elusive FR or domey Vector. And the Anode might become understable after time, but you missed a key word I used, TRULY. That way we don't have to punish the crap out of one for a summer to get it where we want it. And according to your logic Innova should stop making any new discs ever again since there is probably a disc already like it.

Light weight Vector and Axis.. More colors.. Eclipse Anode..

After all that then they can make a Driver. It needs to be a slightly overstable fairway driver. Can't make Understable. The River has made too much of an impact to compete.

Light weight Vector and Axis.. More colors.. Eclipse Anode..

After all that then they can make a Driver. It needs to be a slightly overstable fairway driver. Can't make Understable. The River has made too much of an impact to compete.

GGGT has a couple 172s. Lowest I've seen so far.

A driver is a must mold for MVP. Gateway tried the "only putter" game and is currently failing. A better boutique company WILL come around. One driver mold, just one decent one, would make MVP a complete line. Anyone could run a complete MVP bag and be able to compete. And think of the sales!! The Anode was a completely unneeded mold and it is selling like hotcakes simply because of the MVP branding. After a while the branding appeal will wear off and sales will drop. I simply do not understand why MVP doesn't jump at the profit potential of a gyro driver NOW unless the tech just will not work out.

A driver is a must mold for MVP. Gateway tried the "only putter" game and is currently failing. A better boutique company WILL come around. One driver mold, just one decent one, would make MVP a complete line. Anyone could run a complete MVP bag and be able to compete. And think of the sales!! The Anode was a completely unneeded mold and it is selling like hotcakes simply because of the MVP branding. After a while the branding appeal will wear off and sales will drop. I simply do not understand why MVP doesn't jump at the profit potential of a gyro driver NOW unless the tech just will not work out.

How is Gateway currently failing? MVP is charging fast and they have great products, but there are plenty of people (like myself) who still prefer the feel and flight of several Gateway putters and mids, and a few drivers. I can throw my Illusion further than any other disc I've thrown, excluding a few wild experiments with a Blizzard Katana.

The Anode was a completely unneeded mold and it is selling like hotcakes simply because of the MVP branding.QUOTE]

I agree with this. For a company with only 4 molds, 2 of them are unusefully similar

How is Gateway currently failing? MVP is charging fast and they have great products, but there are plenty of people (like myself) who still prefer the feel and flight of several Gateway putters and mids, and a few drivers. I can throw my Illusion further than any other disc I've thrown, excluding a few wild experiments with a Blizzard Katana.

Just because you personally enjoy throwing a company does not mean it is successful. Lightning discs created many many enjoyable molds.

Just because you personally enjoy throwing a company does not mean it is successful. Lightning discs created many many enjoyable molds.

I didn't make any claim of Gateway being successful or not. You did, and I questioned your statement.

I didn't make any claim of Gateway being successful or not. You did, and I questioned your statement.

So you questioned my statement that Gateway was not currently successful while avoiding making any claim about the success of Gateway? Sure buddy.

So you questioned my statement that Gateway was currently successful while avoiding making any claim about the success of Gateway? Sure buddy.

You seem to be missing the point, but I'm not here to argue with anyone. I just think that's a pretty bold statement to make that any company is "currently failing" without anything to back it up other than just your own personal opinion. I couldn't tell you truthfully if Gateway is failing or not, and I don't think you can either. I just know Gateway has a similar cult-like following like MVP has now, and Gateway has obviously been around for longer.

You seem to be missing the point, but I'm not here to argue with anyone. I just think that's a pretty bold statement to make that any company is "currently failing" without anything to back it up other than just your own personal opinion. I couldn't tell you truthfully if Gateway is failing or not, and I don't think you can either. I just know Gateway has a similar cult-like following like MVP has now, and Gateway has obviously been around for longer.

All right, lets not argue. Lets just get an MVP driver in my hands!! :thmbup:

Latest posts