• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP - Fission™ Microbubble Technology

IIRC, from what Zam has said, all the cores at MVP / Axiom are super light weight. They then adjust the weight of the overmolds accordingly.

how much lighter can a 150 tesla core get?

If they told us how light they were now, we could hazard a guess.

The Proto in the vid is a Volt anyway. Fission Teslas are just pure speculative fun. :)

No inside information but I have a (reasonably plausible) theory. Not to be confused with a Theory (although I have a few of those, too).

I think MVP/Axiom has at least two different cores, one lighter and one heavier. The basis of this theory is the dearth of higher-speed MVP/Axiom drivers in the 162-165 weight range. I think this is the "gap" between the two core weights. Unfortunately this is the weight range I prefer for higher-speed drivers.

Looking at Disc Golf Center:
Neutron Inertia: weights jump from 158 to 167
Neutron Insanity: weights jump from 154 to 173
Neutron Impulse, for some reason, has weights up to 156, 161-164, and then 168 and up. Maybe there are three core weights for the Impulse?

I could be wrong though - many companies seem to skip that weight range, so maybe the demand is low.

This is actually a really reasonable theory. Even if it's not true, it certainly makes sense.

I also wonder if Fission is going to be a more consistent manner for them to get the lower weights they desire. Maybe they were having too many x-outs trying to get everything down to 150s without it. Just speculating...Or maybe Fission will only be for early MVP stuff (Volt class, Vector class) where the molds were created before being able to dial in the 150s in later molds.

^ I'd love to throw a max weight Fission Axis. Make the core super light, but pump all of the weight into the overmold for super GYRO awesomeness.

PLUS, if these come out just a little domey, that might be a great thing. Normal dome, if you will, instead of super flat like we've come to expect from MVP. Might give a lot more glide.

Last edited:
I love my 156 Neutron Tesla, and my 156 Proton Inertia. I can't imagine either with more gyro, but it's something I will probably spend lots of money for.

If they told us how light they were now, we could hazard a guess.

The Proto in the vid is a Volt anyway. Fission Teslas are just pure speculative fun. :)

yeah, without the info I can't see the point of it...

...Or maybe Fission will only be for early MVP stuff (Volt class, Vector class) where the molds were created before being able to dial in the 150s in later molds.

That makes sense, too. I would definitely try an Axis, Volt, etc. in lighter weights.

I misread the thread title: though it read "micro babble tech." :D

If they got these down into the floating disc range, I would definitely replace the blizzard wraith I have in my bag right now with maybe a volt or tesla.

I want to throw a 110g Ion.

holy crap dude! i just imagined this and then my brain expoded!!

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

i bet i could throw a 'ten ion a hundred meters! and that would be my longest 'toss' ever id say good chap! LOL

Introducing the Fission Volt, in stores April 17th. The Fission Volt debuts our latest top secret development, Fission™ Microbubble Technology.

Fission™ Microbubble Technology produces an ultralight core with evenly distributed and imperceptible weight reduction microbubbles. The ultralight core allows an even higher GYRO™ overmold density relative to the core, yet still remaining in the lighter weight classes -- 155g to 165g in the Volt.

This produces an entirely new type of lightweight disc never before seen in the sport, and beyond the capability of any other manufacturer. Weight distribution, stability, and durability of prior "bubble" discs are all improved upon by Fission. Skeptics of prior light or bubble plastics are in for a surprise, as Fission brings advanced disc physics and true high-tech molding into the lightweight plastics arena.

MSRP: $18.95
Release Date: 4/17
:thmbup::thmbup:

Ah! MVP is killing me. Prob the 3 most anticipated releases for me in the same day

Latest posts