• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Motion

I found a guy's 160 something Motion (with a sweet Einstein stamp) just laying past this really short hole (along with his Vector, must have been emptying the bag) and that thing is pretty damn beefy the couple of times I've thrown it. The guy didn't ink his discs and I left an email addy on the course board trying to get in touch with him but I'm going to start throwing this thing more to see if it replace a xXx for me. I was really surprised how much dump fade it had for an MVP disc.

Oh yeah. The motion is a bad mofo. Really hooks up. These fall winds kicking up have met their match with the Motion. Neat disc.

I keep wanting this Motion to workout for FH rollers b/c that overmold makes it a little tire but the left-to-right action before it hits the ground is too much and I can't hit the lines as easily as I can my Champ Banshee, xxx or Eagles. Maybe it's b/c it's only 168g or so, I dunno.

It's definitely overstable though, no doubt about it. Too O/S for my backhand unless I want to throw some dumb exaggerated flex shots. Cool disc.

Picked up a 172 motion this week and I am really digging it. This is what I wanted the Tesla to be. For me the motion flies into a decent headwind the same lines as a champion wraith would fly on a calm day. Maybe a tick less glide. Exactly what I wanted for this slot.

rollers are for max weight discs :p I actually like how straight the resistor FH rolls though vs a motion.

Nah, I just don't think it rolls very well. I roll all sorts of stuff and weights and this Motion just has a mind of its own. I might try a Resistor or a Shock for this one day since those are smaller rims = comfier.

I dunno I was trying to throw a few more of these as 2nd shots at BRP and surpised myself with some of the lines I hit. Its still a little too OS for me really RHBH unless there is some good headwind or I need a shot which dies but found a good spot to hit with some FH rollers which stand up and ride out with a late cut or cut hard early given the angle. I noticed you cannot fluff the shot though and try to throw it with touch but just have to commit and mash on these.

Just picked one of these up recently and wow. Really loving it. There's some shorter (under 300) holes around town with lower ceilings and huge fade needed that are tough to get to with a putter hyzer that this thing kills on. Thrown low and flat it gets to the ground and just keeps fighting/skipping sideways.

So OS, but not too early with the fade. So comfortable in the hand for me FH and BH.

Thought it mike be a shock killer but it's a different animal really. Badass disc.

Yeah I like it a lot. have a thrashed one whish is still damn OS so its nice to know that motions don't start turning like shocks do either.

I have a 169g Einstein and have beat the crap out of it. The only thing that has changed is it just fades a bit later no turn what so ever.

Surprised there isn't more motion love with how much people like "flat" OS discs I thought these would be very popular. Not a disc I use often but love it for lower line skips and eating up headwinds.

You throwing a motion?! Will be interesting how the OS axiom mold in the same speed class compares.

I'm loving mine more and more.

I'm obviously a fan boy of MVP, but I feel like there are some discs that are closer to being "one of the best in the slot" on the market than others.

For example, I like the Tesla quite a bit, but that's a crowded "slot" in the market and there are a lot of discs that do the same shot(s) as well as it.

The Envy's one of the ones that a rare combo of traits (speed, D potential, versatility) that pushes the idea of a disc "everyone should own" or "everyone could like."

I feel kind of like the Motion is in that category, too.

I'm loving mine more and more.

I'm obviously a fan boy of MVP, but I feel like there are some discs that are closer to being "one of the best in the slot" on the market than others.

For example, I like the Tesla quite a bit, but that's a crowded "slot" in the market and there are a lot of discs that do the same shot(s) as well as it.

The Envy's one of the ones that a rare combo of traits (speed, D potential, versatility) that pushes the idea of a disc "everyone should own" or "everyone could like."

I feel kind of like the Motion is in that category, too.

See I disagree here. I find that the Motion is really good at what it does. It is a beefy control driver that will fight winds and hyzer in all conditions. Firebirds do this just as well and the new Felon seems to be widely regarded as a competitor to that title as well. One thing though that does differentiate the Motion is that it is always FAF whereas there is variation between the other two molds. In the end, I'll likely bag a motion forever because I too am an MVP fanboy but I wouldn't say it is a "must own".

I agree 100% that the Envy is a transcendent mold based on the qualities that you said. It is soooo good.....

See I disagree here. I find that the Motion is really good at what it does. It is a beefy control driver that will fight winds and hyzer in all conditions. Firebirds do this just as well and the new Felon seems to be widely regarded as a competitor to that title as well. One thing though that does differentiate the Motion is that it is always FAF whereas there is variation between the other two molds. In the end, I'll likely bag a motion forever because I too am an MVP fanboy but I wouldn't say it is a "must own".

I agree 100% that the Envy is a transcendent mold based on the qualities that you said. It is soooo good.....

Yeah, fair points actually. It's not quite that "unique" compared to the Envy.

For me what separates the Motion from say a FAF 'bird is it just feels a bit better in the hand to me personally. Not a ton, but enough that I prefer it slightly. It's also right where I'm at power-wise right now, where it's easy for me to power it down some for the uber-beef utility shots, but on full rips I can consistently get a decent glide/shape phase before the muscular fade kicks in. Not to say a Firebird can't do that too, but the last time I was throwing one was quite a bit of power ago.

Yeah, fair points actually. It's not quite that "unique" compared to the Envy.

For me what separates the Motion from say a FAF 'bird is it just feels a bit better in the hand to me personally. Not a ton, but enough that I prefer it slightly. It's also right where I'm at power-wise right now, where it's easy for me to power it down some for the uber-beef utility shots, but on full rips I can consistently get a decent glide/shape phase before the muscular fade kicks in. Not to say a Firebird can't do that too, but the last time I was throwing one was quite a bit of power ago.

I do agree though that the Motion does feel just right in the hand. I liked Firebirds but I LOVE my Motion. I don't throw it a ton but it can handle all the OAT that my terrible forehand can muster. It also crushes on overhands, skips like a behemoth and spike hyzers as good as anything I've thrown. All I know is that I am sure glad I have one in my bag for this crazy windy winter.

I've recently fallen in love with my Motion. When I first got it at release I wasn't fully sold on it, but I was trying to treat it like a distance driver instead of a fast overstable utility disc. Now I essentially treat my Motion like a Firebird (instead of pretending it's an Excalibur) and my Resistor like a Whippet. They've both gone from rarely used to two of the most used discs in my bag. I can't wait for the Fireball now.

Had a killer 200ft roller with a motion the other day, got me par from a horrible upshot. I really want this disc in my bag but its battling the Resistor.

For me the Motion and Resistor aren't rivals, they're tag-team partners. The Resistor puts'em in the figure 4 leg lock, and the Motion comes in off the top turnbuckle like Superfly Snuka.

Latest posts