• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Proton Volt

Wow, that punk just ran away from his office like he committed a crime!

Rumors of a ZAM Volt may be answered with:

- buy the stock one (dat's me)
- buy the Skulboy one (dat's real)

Betcha we'll have pre-orders on Skulboy Proton Volt (with his sweet Volt guy) as soon as the bros drop a release date.

You guys gonna do another signed run? I need a proton to balance the neutron (can I call #30 now???)

You guys gonna do another signed run? I need a proton to balance the neutron (can I call #30 now???)
Skulboy should do some signed Volts!

He's got the only custom Volt stamp out there; I think my Volts have been in the form of DN barstamps or Golf is Dead.

But the Shock is the one we did together, and whenever that hits in Proton (being optimistic, not hinty), I'm positive we'll do something cool with that. :hfive:

It's the same translucent Proton in a more dense block of plastic. Not more dense like the overmold is a more dense material, just a thicker chunk to see through.

Check out the cutaway on the Volt page: http://www.mvpdiscsports.com/models/volt
You're looking into a fat, fat chunk of Proton... way fatter than any other models in Proton so far.
Sweeeeeeet. I can't wait to see the different colors. That's gonna make Ice Blue/Light blue look amazing.

Is the waveform based on an EKG?
This is a nerdy question with a nerdier answer :hfive:

The Volt waveform is based on a drum. I tried to characterize each disc with a waveform whose shape would reflect its flight. Volt is this drum shape, with sharp transients that attack deep and quickly decay into the higher overtones. This seemed like the Volt's flight in that, as a speed-responsive disc, its high-speed push determines a major portion of the downrange flight. Most flight-altering variation is happening in the beginning phase at the initial power hit and flip... and then the rest of the flight is more or less a trail-off of the initial impact and its resonance. And then having the wave be unbalanced toward the top was a nod to the release angle being a big factor in control drivers... at the same time this whole power-push phase of flight is happening, it's taking varying degrees of lateral movement. Big harsh electro drums can be really imbalanced like that, it's a really electrified drum wave. And the texture surrounding the main wave is in reference to an overdriven, electrified tone. The negative space to the right is there to reinforce the thrower's biological rhythm... you see one beat, you anticipate the next... rhythm = far. That last sentence is a joke, but it's just as crazy as the rest.

Amp is more characterized by a clean sine wave, as seen in its symbol in the wallpapers. Shock is shocky. We'll see those waves when we see 'em! :D

I'd said a while back that MVP prepared to release the Volt in either Proton or Neutron, dependent on the arrival of their New-tron machines. Well, part of that plan was that I made the Proton Volt and the Neutron family stamps at the same time, a year ago. And before seeing drivers, I knew in like Fall '11 about the Volt and Amp being a stable control driver and a neutral-stable driver. So that's when I started conceptualizing graphic representations for these, figuring out what kind of waves related to each one's names and different stability profiles.

Amp is more characterized by a clean sine wave, as seen in its symbol in the wallpapers. Shock is shocky. We'll see those waves when we see 'em! :D

well if youve already emailed mvp stamps for the amp and shock then i dont see why we wouldnt see all three drop in proton at once. if not it must be some marketing scheme, theres nothing stopping them from melting the amp or shock overmolds on that proton flightplate.

also people asking how they'll fly: THEY ARENT OUT YET. NOBODY CAN GIVE YOU AN ANSWER. stop it.

So, is the Proton Volt expected to be more or less stable than the Neutron Volt?

We don't know. However, we can assume it will be awesome.

well if youve already emailed mvp stamps for the amp and shock then i dont see why we wouldnt see all three drop in proton at once. if not it must be some marketing scheme, theres nothing stopping them from melting the amp or shock overmolds on that proton flightplate.

also people asking how they'll fly: THEY ARENT OUT YET. NOBODY CAN GIVE YOU AN ANSWER. stop it.

I would like them all at once.. Although that would bring my next trip to roughly.. $85... :| suddenly I am not so happy.

I have already started throwing this disc in my head at a few courses and it flies amazing-- I imagine walking up to it seeing its sexiness laying there waiting for me to come and put my hands all over it and just drive right up the middle... :|

I wonder if the drivers will come out of the mold with flashing....

I have already started throwing this disc in my head at a few courses and it flies amazing-- I imagine walking up to it seeing its sexiness laying there waiting for me to come and put my hands all over it and just drive right up the middle... :|

You read my mind.. :hfive: not sure what color to buy it in though.. Probably the Pink.. Would like to get Orange for the Shock or Amp though.

Has anybody heard from a retailer when they are supposed to hit the shelves?

No, the retailers don't know. There has not been a release date announced.

Super, well since they said to ask a retailer on Facebook I was hoping someone might have heard...no such luck :\

Super, well since they said to ask a retailer on Facebook I was hoping someone might have heard...no such luck :\
I'm sure retailers will make a big deal about it once they have a release date. Asking your retailer lets them know people are interested :thmbup:

Has anybody heard from a retailer when they are supposed to hit the shelves?

MVP hasn't even put anything about the release on their website yet.. We shouldn't be looking at a release date until it's up there.

I wonder if the drivers will come out of the mold with flashing....

As you have probably noticed, MVP is very good about removing flashing, if there even is any. I've never seen any significant flashing on any MVP discs. I assume this same quality will continue with Proton drivers.

Latest posts