• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Proton Volt

Back on the Proton Volt. Do we know a tentative release date?
From MVP's dealer email this evening: (6:19pm CST)
"The launch date for all these products is July 12. We kindly ask that no one stocks these products until this specified date."

Boss and I also agreed on two custom stamps that we'll offer for pre-order tomorrow, along with the factory stamp and the Eclipse Nano. We'll do a First Run overlay on the Skulboy Volt stamp, and we'll debut my new Golf is Dead stamp with a First Run overlay. :hfive:

oh we are?

haha fun

Tossed the proton volt once today

Spike forehand 300ft...pin high...took the putt from the other driver I tossed...missed it

Last edited:
I'll get a chance to air it out more tomorrow. But for the most part, its a better Volt. I TRUST it more than Neutron

I'm stoked to get my hands on some of these for grip reasons. The more recently produced proton discs( p tangents, and e tangents) have had a slightly grippier and maliable plastic. Maybe we'll be seeing some of these? Maybe the grippiness is all in my head.....

I'm stoked to get my hands on some of these for grip reasons. The more recently produced proton discs( p tangents, and e tangents) have had a slightly grippier and maliable plastic. Maybe we'll be seeing some of these? Maybe the grippiness is all in my head.....
nope my new vector and tangent are a little more grippy like you say. i too hope that is what we are gonna get with the volt

No, my Ecl Tangent is noticeably more grippy than say, a N Axis. So you're not the only one. I'm hoping for something a lil softer as well.

nope my new vector and tangent are a little more grippy like you say. i too hope that is what we are gonna get with the volt

YES! It's not my rabid fanboyism kicking in again. On a serious note I really hope this comes through because I can't imagine a better compliment to a already great disc like the volt or shock. They really nailed it with their "new" proton blend.

MVP changed the Proton plastic a bit?? Made a little altercation.. I guess I like the new Tangent more then my older Vectors..

Saw an unstamped Proton Volt at Memorial Park in Frankenmuth today. Looked amazing... :D

How did you resist not grabbing it and driving off into the distance?
I really wanted to ask the girl if I could throw it. The three people playing were just getting to the course. They didn't really seem that keen on even talking about the disc. It would have been nice to at least hear how they had one already. Oh, well.

I really wanted to ask the girl if I could throw it. The three people playing were just getting to the course. They didn't really seem that keen on even talking about the disc.

thats because it was a shock and she knew you wouldnt keep your mouth shut !

From MVP's dealer email this evening: (6:19pm CST)
"The launch date for all these products is July 12. We kindly ask that no one stocks these products until this specified date."

Boss and I also agreed on two custom stamps that we'll offer for pre-order tomorrow, along with the factory stamp and the Eclipse Nano. We'll do a First Run overlay on the Skulboy Volt stamp, and we'll debut my new Golf is Dead stamp with a First Run overlay. :hfive:

Is this your new stamp? The one you could not release for the tangent?

I would love to see color combos, so my requests at pre-order are not my usual "something cool please":(

I really wanted to ask the girl if I could throw it. The three people playing were just getting to the course. They didn't really seem that keen on even talking about the disc. It would have been nice to at least hear how they had one already. Oh, well.

^^^
Hmmm....sounds secretive.

thats because it was a shock and she knew you wouldnt keep your mouth shut !

MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE SHOCK HAS ARRIVED!! :thmbup:

I'll bet it was lost by the MVP boys and found by said girl.

Latest posts