• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Relay

So, if this powers down well, do you think Relay could fill my understable mid spot as well?

I don't think so. I use a 174g Relay and it will bomb out of my hand with not much effort. Yeah, it's a 6 speed but I would get a hold of a 4-5 speed traditional mid to go along with the Relay. The Relay is a 6 speed that will hit 8-9 speed distance.

I don't think so. I use a 174g Relay and it will bomb out of my hand with not much effort. Yeah, it's a 6 speed but I would get a hold of a 4-5 speed traditional mid to go along with the Relay. The Relay is a 6 speed that will hit 8-9 speed distance.

At lighter weight it can do more finesse mid type shots but id never use it like a true mid. I could use it as my only driver though no prob except headwinds.

I wish they made a plasma rely. played in the snow today and was really liking the plasma discs grip. the relay would have got more throws if the grip was better.

I use me beat up relay like a US mid. It wont do that nice beat up comet flip up from a 45 degree angle and still turnover type of shot. But if you got enough room to work it, put a little angle on it and make sure you get a good snap.

Brutal and Aim you guys are costing me money. First a proxy now getting ready to buy a relay. After I thought I had my drivers figured out. Killing me

Brutal and Aim you guys are costing me money. First a proxy now getting ready to buy a relay. After I thought I had my drivers figured out. Killing me

It will be $15 well spent. If you play a lot of wooded courses it's a must have.

Looking at inbounds it looks like it will fly a bit shorter than my Hatchet and with a lot less fade. Is inbounds at all accurate in this? Currently my Hatchet Escape combo is about all I use off the tee.

It is slower but i find it to go dang far for a 6 speed mold. Should be like a more workable hatchet which powers down well.

So yeah shorter with less fade might be exactly how you use it. I like to throw BH rollers as well as finesse FHs with relay and low line approach shots as well as long straight tunnel shots or glidey slow fading hyzers.

Not even remotely the same. Relay would be a slower switch/inspire hybird of the 7 speed class for the most part but just is better lol.

Crave was always a slower volt for me. I just like my volts.

I was thinking more of speed and versatility, not stability. And no way you can power down a Volt to perform like a Crave at shorter range. Pay attention!

Wut? Like i said the crave is just a slower straight disc it wont shape the same lines at all like a relay can. Volts will do all of what craves can and more as well. Learn to read!

For example my most ever beat to death crave was still way more HSS vs the relay. Nice HSS but no real LSS. You can find some turn happy craves but most will be OS vs a relay.

Last edited:
Id have to use super beat craves for a even close to relay like flight. It is why the crave went bye bye and just go with relay/volt in those speeds. Only mids and faster stuff.

AIM, you still miss the point...Crave and Relay are basically same speed class, Volt isn't. I wasn't talking about power drives off the teepad, but fairway drives and medium-long approach. Can the Crave substitute for the Relay and vice versa...I suspect they can. Okay?...okay. :rolleyes:

I realize you'd wuv to use your near mystical Volts for everything from disc golf to panning for gold, but I throw discs, I don't fall in love with them.

If you're seriously comparing Relays and Craves you probably have a "bad Crave". The good ones are solidly HSS with a late turn whereas the Relay I throw turns without much effort but is still controllable. The "bad Craves" I've had weren't nearly as controllable.

How would you compare Relay and Crave? Same shots/lines?

There is a 300' hole I play quite often that I can park with both the Relay or the Crave pretty interchangeably. The Crave has to be thrown out to the right more and fade back, whereas I throw the Relay straight at it with a mild hyzer. Since getting the Relay though, I only use the Crave for that shot when there is a headwind. Otherwise the Crave risks skipping off into the creek on the left.

Yeah right...the Crave's a Banshee compared to the Relay...I don't think so. :wall:

My buddy literally uses his craves for OS relay type shots. Pretty much how Zen just mentioned with his crave being an OS halloween stamped neutron.

Snapit are the teebird and leopard the same disc? :wall: basically crave vs relay miiiboiiiii

Crave is a one trick pony for me these days. Dead straight with a baby fade is all I ask of the crave. The relay has all other fairway duties.

Latest posts