• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Tesla

Exactly what I'm experiencing. They push forward for a long time before fading out. I may try to get a few of these for max D field work.

Exactly what I'm experiencing. They push forward for a long time before fading out. I may try to get a few of these for max D field work.

I'm quite impressed with the forward push on the tesla. It's really challenging the PPD's and that's saying a lot. It has excellent HSS and yet the fade isn't violent at all.

The only thing I noticed about the 155 is that it seemed more prone to air bouncing whereas 5-8grams heavier was less so in my experience. Personally, I'm less consistent with the 155 in terms of the release point as well. The slightly heavier ones seem to rip from my hand more consistently. I have a 159 SE, 160 Neutron and a 170 metallic mint in the bag, and the mint one still seems to give me the little bit of turn to glide out further over the others. Could just be a byproduct of the little bit better grip too. They are all great discs, and each still performs very consistent within the overall flight profile of the disc.

i copped one of the mike c signature discs, man this disc bombs. i usually use a s-pd for shots in the 350+ range. and my usual max distance is ~400 ft, without even putting everything i had into the tesla it hit 400 ft easily on a drive i wasn't even putting 100% power into..

I'm calling my mikeC tesla "scarface". The other day I threw it down a tunnel shot, and it scraped a branch hanging over the fairway. It left a small but deep scratch right across the cheek. Lovin this disc though, my forehands haven't looked so smooth since... well ever. Gettingan easy 315-340 on controlled headwind drives. I've hit close to 400 off an elevated tee on a practice shot. Man I need to lose some weight and get my form under control. This disc has so much left in it that I cant tap into.

My orange Mike C stamp Tesla is the most overstable Tesla that i have, it has absolutely no turn and starts to fade sooner than the rest, like the flight of the first run proton volts.

Also, my Green Tesla (not lime green, the new light/bright green) is noticeably less overstable than the rest, easily -1 turn to it and a late forward fade.. reminds me of the less stable early neutron volts.

Aside from these two "freaks" i have about 5 more that fly the same in various weights/colors.

Has anyone else noticed the new green ones to be less stable? I am LOVING the color and the flight of it.

it's probably more just the randomness of discs themselves. If you grab ten discs of the same mold, and the same or similar weights, and I guarantee you one or two will be flippier and one or two will be beefier than the others. I guess some discs just don't take to the molding process or lose their shape out of the mold..

My orange Mike C stamp Tesla is the most overstable Tesla that i have, it has absolutely no turn and starts to fade sooner than the rest, like the flight of the first run proton volts.

Also, my Green Tesla (not lime green, the new light/bright green) is noticeably less overstable than the rest, easily -1 turn to it and a late forward fade.. reminds me of the less stable early neutron volts.

Aside from these two "freaks" i have about 5 more that fly the same in various weights/colors.

Has anyone else noticed the new green ones to be less stable? I am LOVING the color and the flight of it.

Shaved your beard!!

My arm is sore from throw AT my Tesla. It got grabbed really good by a big pine tree and I spent most of the morning throwing crap at it. I dislodged it twice, and twice it got stuck even worse. I finally had to go home and get my dog's weighted tennis ball...That thing is money, worked on the first throw. That ball just secured a spot in my bag.

it's probably more just the randomness of discs themselves. If you grab ten discs of the same mold, and the same or similar weights, and I guarantee you one or two will be flippier and one or two will be beefier than the others. I guess some discs just don't take to the molding process or lose their shape out of the mold..

Not MVP, they are always consistent. Same disc every time (at least that's what some folks around here will try and have you believe)

Threw it a ton this weekend.. definitely losing a little bit of the LSS with the fade not being nearly as hard in my max weight more similar to my lighter one which is becoming sneaky long.

I would even say its really not all that overstable, much less so than I initially had thought and some of the reviewers were making it sound. Great workhorse distance driver with enough stability to make it very reliable in all conditions but not too much where you are constantly playing a hard fade or compensating release angles/form etc to get the line you need.

After seeing how this disc seasons up a little bit I think the motion is for sure needed and not going to be too OS at all. There are many times the Tesla just doesn't have that TRUE overstable flight to it.

Threw it a ton this weekend.. definitely losing a little bit of the LSS with the fade not being nearly as hard in my max weight more similar to my lighter one which is becoming sneaky long.

I would even say its really not all that overstable, much less so than I initially had thought and some of the reviewers were making it sound. Great workhorse distance driver with enough stability to make it very reliable in all conditions but not too much where you are constantly playing a hard fade or compensating release angles/form etc to get the line you need.

After seeing how this disc seasons up a little bit I think the motion is for sure needed and not going to be too OS at all. There are many times the Tesla just doesn't have that TRUE overstable flight to it.

I'm liking the sound of this.

Totally agree ^^

Once the new is knocked off of it, it seems like there's a slight little turn in some of my Teslas. Most of all, these things just glide and go straight with a forward fade.

Was worried this one would be too stable for my liking, but I have been very pleasantly surprised. Except for 25+mph straight-on headwinds, it's been a great disc for all conditions. When there's crazy headwinds, it exhibits more turn, but never rolls. Just requires some adjustment when thrown.

My LE tesla is getting beat pretty well and is lighter but still doesn't have much turn just the max weight is flying more like this one. Very proton volt like which I am also finding to get stupid straight. A few shots yesterday I threw it over my beat neutrons planning on the little extra LSS to kick in but ended up flying by 2 different baskets on a lazer line with really no lateral fade.

Right now my Crave, Volt and Tesla set up is deadly. The inertia is just a fun disc to throw too when there is room and no wind'

Last edited:

Latest posts