• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Vector Midrange

I'm sure it was. Just a little surprised you pass on Axis, Anode, and Proxy, and bag all the OS counterparts instead.

Proxy is there(wont be staying...) Ion isnt what id really call OS. Tangent does more thangz vs axis.

I like doing thangz with my discs not have different ones for different shots.

Proxy is there(wont be staying...) Ion isnt what id really call OS. Tangent does more thangz vs axis.

I like doing thangz with my discs not have different ones for different shots.

Yeah, there is that. Anode is same no fade as Proxy, but better glide on low power throws.

I passed on the Vector early on, had a kind domey N that I never cared for the feel of. (Never could abide domey mids.)

But I felt like trying one again recently, and there was a Yellow E @ community that I just added to an order. It's pretty flat, and dude. I'm loving this thing.

I throw much cleaner and farther than when I had that N, and this is basically an Axis I can just lean on as hard as I can. Getting pretty much lasers out to like 325 on some throws. It's soo HSS and just bleeds out on a bit of fade late, or like fades harder on nose-up shots than the E Axis.

This thing may wind up knocking the Axis out of my bag. Wondering if flat ones like this are common enough to find.

Don't know about Eclipse, but my Proton and Neutron Axis are basically flat...wouldn't have bought them otherwise.

^I've had about a dozen Axis (Axes?) and only one has been a weird domey one. I was talking about the Vectors, though.

This one's not so much more OS than the newer E Axis in my bag on longer throws, for me about 300.

This thing may wind up knocking the Axis out of my bag. Wondering if flat ones like this are common enough to find.

Shouldn't be a problem. There seems to be a nice mix of flatter and domey vector/axis cores out in the wild. I have traded for many vectors recently and 2 of the 6 were flat. one eclipse purple other hot pink neutron. all others pretty domey. one with a HUGE dome that's very OS.

^I've had about a dozen Axis (Axes?) and only one has been a weird domey one. I was talking about the Vectors, though.

This one's not so much more OS than the newer E Axis in my bag on longer throws, for me about 300.

yeah not a fan. they don't hold up to the same power once beat a little or headwind.

Right, my bad.

Shouldn't be a problem. There seems to be a nice mix of flatter and domey vector/axis cores out in the wild. I have traded for many vectors recently and 2 of the 6 were flat. one eclipse purple other hot pink neutron. all others pretty domey. one with a HUGE dome that's very OS.

That's interesting. I might try to find that domey N I think I still have. I've been throwing mids with a power grip now since last spring and it's working out. Maybe I can work with a domey mid now...

yeah not a fan. they don't hold up to the same power once beat a little or headwind.

How can u throw that crap? Poppy top mids...:sick:

Right, my bad.

Of course.

The domey Axis I have somewhere is really a freak. It's the biggest dome I've seen on an MVP disc, and the dome is really stiff, like the tension is ratcheted up in it, as if the OM was a bit to small for it or something.

Doesn't bother me like drivers with the smaller rim on a power grip. the extra glide in the LSS is just amazing too. Damn thing literally starts to travel flat sideways across the air as it fades. OS disc that ACTUALLY stays in the air during the fade?! :eek:

a good domey vector isn't a "pop top" that one I have almost seems like someone tried to make it domey with boiling water or something. Its more like a good vs bad roc kind of thing. You don't want the drum just a little raise in the core.

Doesn't bother me like drivers with the smaller rim on a power grip. the extra glide in the LSS is just amazing too. Damn thing literally starts to travel flat sideways across the air as it fades. OS disc that ACTUALLY stays in the air during the fade?! :eek:

a good domey vector isn't a "pop top" that one I have almost seems like someone tried to make it domey with boiling water or something. Its more like a good vs bad roc kind of thing. You don't want the drum just a little raise in the core.

I find the opposite, bothers me a helluva lot more than with drivers.

Had an Opto Pain with dome a few years back, and same fade/glide thing you're talking about. Trying to play the fade and the thing just wouldn't stop, lol. Needless to say, it didn't last long with me.

Maybe it was a Roc3 not a Roc+ that my friend has. It's not marked so we weren't sure, but feels like a plus rim.

Yeah not sure there but the +mold shouldn't really impact the nose shape just feel. That rancho has a +rim it seems.

Tested out a 177g Neutron Vector today. Field tested it for about 20 minutes then played 2 rounds with it in place of my Z Wasp. Even though it is shaped similar to a Wasp, it is much more comfortable to hold. The bead on the Vector is barely noticeable and not obvious like on the Wasp and the top is flatter. My index finger is very comfortable on it. Also, Neutron > Z.

The flight was slightly less stable than my Wasp. Very controllable. On a full power anhyzer, the Vector held a very straight flight and didn't fade out. This disc really likes a flat or hyzer throw. Throwing it full power into a 10-12mph headwind on a flat line it didn't budge and finished with a forward fade. It really hit all the Wasp lines I wanted on the course. It's going to replace that Wasp because it feels better in my hand and neutron plastic is a better option than Z for this type of disc.

My overall impressions on the Neutron Vector = :thmbup: :D :clap:

Attachments

• IMG_1089.JPG
    IMG_1089.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
:hfive: vector is a staple in my bag.

I love throwing the vector on a long glidey anny. It holds the angle very slow like a FH but without the dump in the LSS.