• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Vector Midrange

I'm anticipating some more reviews any time now...Throwing it all by my lonesome for the last week has been tough, I'm excited to see how this disc is received by the masses.

it shouldnt, i've done other dyes with my ions where the dye was on the overmold also and it didnt seem to change it at all. If you think about it, you can't get black to dye into a lighter color.

I just ordered a clear one to dye then a blue soft Ion. Haven't used any of their discs yet but being from MI I gotta atleast try them :)

They whipped some Vibram minis in there...that coupled with the lack of blanks is gonna have the 'poth fuming fer certain

Oh I don't know, their minis are the best products they make. :eek:

Got two coming from Marshallstreet, can't wait for them to get here. Looks like they've still got a decent selection of weight/color still.

Threw one of mine a little bit before I went to work. Here are my first impressions:

My 176 Orange slight dome (saw some with super domes and some flat at the store) flew more stable than a heavy Buzzz, but not quite as stable as a heavy Wasp. It felt like it was right in the middle of those two. I had some medium (probably 15mph) headwinds that it held its line perfectly into. I can't judge it much more beyond that till it warms up and I bring back my throw to way it used to be.

Man, MVP's new Proton plastic just glows in the sunlight, I love it.

Discovering the World just got there first shipment in yesterday!!! Picked up a 178 Clear, haven't had a chance to through it, I might get out today.

just realized UPS doesn't ship on saturdays wa waaa waaaaaaa. Until Monday!

edit: at least its pouring rain here so I don't feel too bad.

Not when the free shipping option is USPS, and that's because they don't do tracking I believe.

USPS does tracking on priority mail, it's just not very good. You usually see when it leave the sorting facility, maybe arrival in your city, and then it'll be delivered. Very rarely will you see anything in between.

The warehouse I work at gets trackers on everything, even First Class and Media Mail. USPS trackers aren't great but they are nice to have anyway.

However, DGC will ship one disc for free so I really have no room to complain.

Yeah, free shipping. What do you want?

I am waiting for more reviews. I love the mids I have now, but I have wanted a longer disc with the Ion tech used; I just need to figure out if I have a spot for it, or if I need to let my stock of something else dwindle.

Vector vs Pain vs Nebula

Got my Vector and Pain in the mail today and threw them about in a field along with my Nebula as a control.

Specs:
Vector: Proton, 175g, green, flat as a pancake.
Pain: Opto, 174g, green, slight dome (very nice).
Nebula: ESP (duh), 174g, yellow, domey as far as Nebs go but generally flattish.

Me:
6'2", somewhat athletic, quintessential "Maxing out at 300'" guy due to months of being injured, knocking off the rust.

Wind: Calm.

The Vector is, interesting. It feels like a "big boy" mid in that it's deceptively fast, you have to give it some good, clean snap to see it behave properly. Right now, I can only see glimpses of its true flight. Regardless, it's decidedly in that overstable camp. Probably the most HSS mid I can recall throwing, even if I OAT it over it corrects itself like traction control. For that reason, it does some of the flattest, tightest flex shots I've seen a mid do, very driver like. The LSS is there but it's not super harsh like a Hornet, Drone, Gator, etc. It's a good, reliable fade, throwing a sweeping hyzer is a breeze. It also seemed the least nose angle sensitive of the three. Was usually the farthest by 10' or so. It honestly seems like a Teebird in midrange form, or a Buzzz for those who tire of accidentally flipping over their Buzzz.

The Pain is awesome. I like it way more than the Core. I think a heavy Opto Pain, a lighter GL Pain, and a GL and Opto Fuse is all the mids a Lat. 64 thrower should need. It's also overstable but moderately as well, like a new Roc. This seemed to be a better lineshaping mid than the Vector, it also does flex shots very well but was not as HSS as the Vector. The LSS is good too, fades forward rather than harshly left. The Pain also has that typical Lat. 64 glide. This is probably the best Roc imitator in premium plastic that I've thrown, way better than a Wasp IMO.

Final thoughts:
I think the Pain and Vector might be able to coexist actually, the Vector is so driver-like in flight and gyroscopic wonderfulness that for shorter courses it can easily replace your stable FW driver of choice. I think the Pain will have more mass appeal however, b/c it's more Roc like and much easier for players on the lower end of the power spectrum. Otherwise, if you don't get enough speed on the Vector, it doesn't seem like anything too special. But if you do rip into it hard and smooth, frozen rope doesn't begin to describe the Vector's flight.

Im still baffled by the harsh fade people seem to associate with the Hornet and it being tied to the Gator and Drone; I have 4 or 5 of them and have thrown 2 and both have done great on sweeping hyzers and fading forward going about 270'. I only have ESP though, so maybe its a Z thing. Maybe if I start to run out and they dont do a production run of ESP, I will look to the Vector.

Latest posts