• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

Currently running a neutron amp that has. Gotten a bit more understand when thrown hard and can be really touchy if I don't get my hyper flip just right. Just lost my champ beast the other day that was probably the very top of my speed range bud I loved the consistency with which I could get my beast straight/straight left. (rhbh) It sounds like the volt will fill this slot nicely. But from what I'm getting the proton/Eclipse plastic Will be a little more overstate than the neutron will right?

Currently running a neutron amp that has. Gotten a bit more understand when thrown hard and can be really touchy if I don't get my hyper flip just right. Just lost my champ beast the other day that was probably the very top of my speed range bud I loved the consistency with which I could get my beast straight/straight left. (rhbh) It sounds like the volt will fill this slot nicely. But from what I'm getting the proton/Eclipse plastic Will be a little more overstate than the neutron will right?

Get an inertia

Wow did not realize how many typos in my Last post lol. Isn't the inertia pretty understable? And it's even faster than my beast. Is a volt in any plastic going to turnover easily? (like my amp does)

Wow did not realize how many typos in my Last post lol. Isn't the inertia pretty understable? And it's even faster than my beast. Is a volt in any plastic going to turnover easily? (like my amp does)

You're not likely to see much if any turn from a Volt, unless you find a seasoned early run.

Just to clarify I'm looking for something similar to a Beast but maybe not quite as fast.

It's not the Volt. In4d may be right with the Inertia, but it sounds to me like you want a new Amp.

If the Amp you have is an older run, a new newer run Amp will probably be what you want.

One of those two. The Volt will probably be beefy for the shots you're looking to cover.

Just to clarify I'm looking for something similar to a Beast but maybe not quite as fast.

I think the volt is def more stable than your looking for and an amp (speed 9) might be what your looking for compared to a beast (speed 10) and an Inertia is the same speed as a beast only less stable out of the box.

Amp would not have as much fade as a beast out of the box.

Last edited:
The amp I have a bought about a year ago. Not sure when they changed to more over stable. What about mvps new fairways? Like a servo?

Servo is pretty straight, has a slight turn when thrown hard with a stronger fade at the end to make it easy to range and its a speed 7, quite a bit shorter than a Beast (10 Speed -2 HSS 2 LSS)

If you want something slightly shorter than a Beast from MVP your only options right now are:

- Shock 0 HSS 3 LSS (Straight with no turn and strong fade)
- Volt 0 HSS 2 LSS (Straight with predictable fade)
- Amp -2 HSS 1 LSS (Turns over with forward penetrating fade)

A First Run volt would be perfect for you.. but they dont make them -1 HSS out of the box anymore so they take time to beat into that stage now.

I recommend Neutron if you end up tryng a volt, it will break in faster and start out a hair less stable.

:-( My N Volt has gotten more understable than my Amp, hard to throw FH, and unpredictable. It was one of my favorites, but now I am finding myself relying on the Shock and Amp (and *L Teebird and *L Valk when wind allows). I don't know whether it is FR or not, but I'm guessing so, as it seemed to always turn a little before a healthy fade unless I powered it down. (I'm not a big arm, but am told that I have pretty good snap.)

I'm wondering if I should even bother getting another Volt, or just try the Servo... though I'm gonna try the Servo anyway, since they make them lighter.... :-/

Just get a new proton volt. Servo is slower. If you want a disc that will come back no matter what you do-- get a resistor before the servo. lighter ones are also available'

Just get a new proton volt. Servo is slower. If you want a disc that will come back no matter what you do-- get a resistor before the servo. lighter ones are also available'

I did get a Resistor. :thmbup: It kicked the Xtreme out of my bag, though it is pretty beat. Still getting used to it...wasn't sure whether all it would be was a short range hook disc, until yesterday. Used the Resistor a lot playing in very strong winds at a stop in OK while driving through. Towards the end it was my best putter, too! lol

But what I want is something that won't turn as much as the Amp (which did fabulous, once again, in yesterday's tailwinds!), but not as much fade as the Shock, landing straighter. When I first got my Volt I could get better, more accurate distance than with anything else. Now, if I try it at all, I'm doing good for it not to either flip and crash or fly way off to the right/left (BHFH).

So, another Volt? Go back to Vikings? Be contented with the Valk and Teebird, even though I got at least 20' more with the Volt? That and a Servo? Money's too tight to do a lot of experimenting... Another Volt, then, I guess...

Anyway, so why a Proton Volt instead of another Neutron?

Proton IMO is just a litttttle more durable when you compare surface wear. Its sort-of like opto vs gl or champ vs star where the clearer premium plastics tend to be "faster" or can have greater stability. All the new volts are very HSS though and flat which I don't think you shouldn't be disappointed in either one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTfB7hiJ2wc

Based on this video by Mike C (which is fantastic and very helpful btw Mike) The Proton Volts, both beat and new in that video look like what im looking for. My Amp does nearly the exact same as the one he throws in that video. The Shock has a bit more fade than im looking for and the neutron amp looked to have not much fade than the shock.

Proton IMO is just a litttttle more durable when you compare surface wear. Its sort-of like opto vs gl or champ vs star where the clearer premium plastics tend to be "faster" or can have greater stability. All the new volts are very HSS though and flat which I don't think you shouldn't be disappointed in either one.

Thanks!

I can't throw my Proton Volts as far for some reason, i get at least 15' more distance consistently with the Neutron Volts.

Latest posts