• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

^^So, Andy, just spitballing this, but you might find that a newer Amp will fly out of the box like a seasoned 'old' Volt...? Might.

Well I just ordered a stack of 8 Neutron Volts 171-174. Can't wait. MVP is the best ever! Seriously!

April Fools!

I actually really like the amp. I've got a First run that that Flys nice with a little hyper flip and has a great turnover thrown flat or with a bit of anny

Amp is great paired with the Volt. The one i have is beat in post 1st run so it covers the under-stable slot that even my most beat Volts can't.

I need under-stable molds because i don't forehand to get my discs to go right (RHBH) and so i need discs that can turnover enough to get good lateral movement and land flat enough without turning into a roller, the Amp has always served that purpose perfectly.

Volt is a forehanders dream, and is the main reason I don't need an understable disc in the control driver category. Because my beat Volt can literally...LITERALLY...hold any line I put it on. I know people say that about lots of discs, but the Volt is not hyperbole. I let a buddy throw it and he was so surprised at how well it flew that he ordered three of them.

When I get back stateside I'm going to get a new N Volt and take the QOLF out of the bag for awhile and see if it works in that slot. I might, just might, be able to cycle Volts but that is going to be one long cycle. Like I've said, it took me many months of hard play to get my current Volt to a spot where I could consider it "beat in" and if the new ones are slightly more OS, it might take even longer.

I can live with it.

I still have the same first run neutron volt in my bag that i started with when they were released and it turns over a little easier but its still got a lot of stability.. amazing how long these damn things last

How often do you throw your Volt? I typically throw mine two or three times per round, depending on the course. Mine took awhile to beat in, but it's been in the sweet spot much longer than it took to beat in. I don't know jack about plastics and all that, but it would seem to me that MVP does last a little longer on the initial beat in, but not significantly more so than other premium plastics. The strength comes from how it seems to stop beating in at a certain point. Don't know if that's a long process of experimenting with polymer blends or if it was just a happy accident.

my tangent was like that beat in quickly then it almost reversed itself and stopped turning over but lately it seems to be working itself back to US. maybe its a form issue not sure

Its just high quality plastic that's resistant to stretching.

When a disc hits a tree, usually the plastic bends from the impact, this stretches the plastic, lowering the PLH and "beating" the disc in to be less over-stable.

MVP's plastic doesn't like to stretch, you can bend the damn things in half 100x (i have tried) and they will slowly return to the original shape and fly the same. All other plastics i have tried stretching (most recently my champ scorpius) will stay stretched and permanently changed.

Its nice because they last a long time, but it would also be nice to have a less stretch resistant plastic from MVP so i could cycle the molds easier, i prefer to have multiples of the same mold at different stages of wear myself, but with MVP its hard to do that.

Last edited:

Latest posts