• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

My Neutron Volt has nice even dome and my Proton is flat. If the new runs are flat I guess I stick with the Tesla. In general I get easier distance with a domed disc compared to the same mold that's flat.

my old volts were just as flat really and only have one tesla which the flight plate isn't flat but wouldn't call it domey at all.

My first Tesla was not domey either. It's replacement was actually concave until I heated it up. Now it looks like the first one did and also looks just like the Inertia and Impulse.

I get way more distance from my domed Volt than I do the Tesla. Just saying I'll stick with Tesla over new run Volts that are flat cause the Tesla feels so good in my hand. I think I like a firm rim and a squishy flight plate + dome for glide.

Last edited:
my old volts were just as flat really and only have one tesla which the flight plate isn't flat but wouldn't call it domey at all.

I think you've actually made this point before, that it's not so much that some of those early Volts were "domey" so much as had that rounded shoulder/lower PLH...Amp-like.

1776 Volt? :D

6pyEFZR.jpg

Hit the pole from the white tees on hole 9 at Como Park yesterday. Another foot and a half higher, and I would have had my first ace. Good thing I hit something too. It drops off maybe 50ft after the basket into the creek.

03a82c48.jpg

I think you've actually made this point before, that it's not so much that some of those early Volts were "domey" so much as had that rounded shoulder/lower PLH...Amp-like.

This is very wrong . you just arent going back far enough to find the domey volts. Im guessing you are looking at a volt that they changed already. Ive been collecting the domey volts ever since they changed them. They only made them very early on. Maybe the first 3 or 4 months of production, then they got flat. If i put one of my domey volts next to a new one, its a dramatic difference, one is very flat, one is very domey.

i can send a pick of a side profile of a domey one if you would like. only via email though so pm if you want. I dont own a newer one or id send you the comparison.

if anyone sees this post and has an old volt for sale with no ink, lemme know. ill buy, will need side profile pic.

I picked up a domey FR Volt a week or so ago and I'm diggin this disc so much. It's the most US MVP disc I've thrown. Quite a bit more than my FR Shock, which was the most US one I'd thrown before this Volt. Such easy distance. It is touchy as hell, but is helping me with control and release angles. Kinda like a Medicus for Disc Golf. I'm already worried about what I would be able to replace it with. Maybe a low 160's or mid 150's Inertia/Impulse? Hopefully I will never need to know.

The Volt is my go to driver. Distance and accuracy. I love this thing, especially in Neutron.

It seems like people still like the volt class. I thought most moved on to the inertia class which to me gave no added distance. I am glad to know I'm the only one that hasn't moved on. Inertia and Tesla don't add anything new, Motion I can't throw, and the Impulse is really US but adds not much distance.

It seems like people still like the volt class. I thought most moved on to the inertia class which to me gave no added distance. I am glad to know I'm the only one that hasn't moved on. Inertia and Tesla don't add anything new, Motion I can't throw, and the Impulse is really US but adds not much distance.

I didn't really jive with the amp or shock when they came out. It might be worth it to go give them a shot. Otherwise I use the Impulse/Tesla/Motion. Tesla is more HSS and LSS than the volt for me and longer.

Longer than your volt?! Not sure why but my volts are up there with my teslas. I can put a tesla on a bigger anhyzer and have it fight out at the end but overall course distance on any line goes to the volt. Just the other day at a local 9 hole course I parked a hole for the first time ever with an inertia roller but put a volt out in the air after it and landed just short of the circles edge.

You finding the proton teslas to be any "faster/longer"?

You finding the proton teslas to be any "faster/longer"?

I think the Speed 10 class achieves distance differently than the 9's. It's almost like MVP took some of the glide out of the molds and instead substituted speed in its place. Both classes fly about the same distance but the 9s get there by gliding to their target. I also feel that the 10s have added reliability bc of their lack of glide. The volt for some was called a longer fade to straight driver, but for me it had too much wiggle in the middle of its flight. The tesla has ROCK SOLID stability for me and I can Kean on it in most windy conditions to edge out my other drivers.

I think I could have thrown my old early run volt farther than my tesla. But my tesla out distanced my Evolt before I lost it.