• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Wave

For me it flies much more understable than my Neutron Waves at same weights (Axiom Virus-like, but little longer). I´m not so happy about that.

That's upsetting to hear. I know my proton Photons are more OS than the neutron ones, was hoping for the same with the wave. Still looking for that in between a wave and photon slot haha

That's upsetting to hear. I know my proton Photons are more OS than the neutron ones, was hoping for the same with the wave. Still looking for that in between a wave and photon slot haha
Are you throwing max weight Waves? I found I have to keep it above 173 personally. Any less and it is too squirrely. It's not a strong suit to be locked into such a small range, but I really love that mold.

Mine (Skulboy clear Proton 175g) has no dome.

Maybe you got a flatter one? They were suppose to have a littttttle raise to the flight plate like the proton photons do. Not domey compared to other discs out in the world but noticeable. MVP isnt perfect even if they do a pretty good job with quality.

That´s interesting, because my 174g Proton Photon flies exactly like my 169g Neutron one. My 173g Neutron is more OS than the 174g Proton Photon :confused:

I have a 168g Neutron Wave that flies almost as understable as my ~155g Neutron Virus. And I use my Virus as a BH roller disc. Not sure if that's just a fluke or what.

I found the waves to be pretty US in general. My seasoned 166g photon is much more what i expected the wave to be. Slight turn and not much LSS anymore vs the other 2 max wt proton photons and max wt fresher neutron.

Also not a huge difference in proton or neutron photons sp those expected 2 unique flights its understandable if you are finding them all similarly OS

I have a 168g Neutron Wave that flies almost as understable as my ~155g Neutron Virus. And I use my Virus as a BH roller disc. Not sure if that's just a fluke or what.

My 153g Neutron Wave is flippy understable. My 173g Wave is a bit overstable, like my 157g Photon. Issue is, my 163g Wave has a higher PLH than the other Waves, and so is not quite as glidey and US as I hoped it'd be. I'll look for a lower PLH Wave in the low to mid 160s, but probably next month (and year).

Sounds like Wave's PLH might vary a little bit. I'll have to throw my Inertia and Insanity more and see if they will really fit the S curve flight I want for that slot in my bag or if a lighter Photon or heavier Wave would fit in there.

You always need new discs right??

I currently throw a 171 Champion Tern. Stopped bagging a 168 as it was just too understable for my liking. I know there isn't much of a difference there but whatever. Anyway, I am drawn to the proton plastic but the color I want is a 174. Otherwise I have to get a 168 neutron. (gift cards from Christmas to a specific site).

Which would you all suggest to get a somewhat similar flight path to a Tern? Doesn't have to be exactly like a Tern. I want it to fly a good distance and stay in the air, nice S curve, but I don't want it to turn and burn. Any wind seems to do that to my Terns.

Or should I look elsewhere?

I'll probably just snatch up that 174 and see what happens. Seems others have dealt with US in the Wave so I guess the heavier the better!

The Wave is probably closer to a Gstar Tern flightwise than a champ. If you want to get a long S flight you might want to try a Photon in the low 160's. When Axiom releases their molds in this class we may see a disc more suited to want youre looking for in a heavier weight.

Which would you all suggest to get a somewhat similar flight path to a Tern? Doesn't have to be exactly like a Tern. I want it to fly a good distance and stay in the air, nice S curve, but I don't want it to turn and burn. Any wind seems to do that to my Terns.
Or should I look elsewhere?

The best replacement for a Tern is... a Tern. :)

But if you want an MVP replacement, an upper-weight Wave would probably do you well. Actual weight would depend on how fast you throw, but an upper-160s to lower 170s would be a good place to start.

I'll probably just snatch up that 174 and see what happens. Seems others have dealt with US in the Wave so I guess the heavier the better!
Heavier Wave is a good idea. It will be more usable in various conditions.

Is this disc as US as a Mamba? I assume not THAT US. Does it tend to finish right even max weight with a flat release? Anyone getting any solid distance out of it currently? Some vids show 400 plus but is that only hyzer flipping it?

Its not OS at all. With a slight hyzer release and height it will fade out after some high speed turn. The mambas i threw were flipppppppy.

My beat up 166g photon is more what i wanted the wave to be.

Not close to a mamba. It does have some fade at max weights but if you rip it flat, at eye level, at 350' power it will finish right of center. I usually give it just a couple degrees of hyzer and let it rip....

...Axiom we're waiting....:popcorn:

Is this disc as US as a Mamba? I assume not THAT US. Does it tend to finish right even max weight with a flat release? Anyone getting any solid distance out of it currently? Some vids show 400 plus but is that only hyzer flipping it?

To throw the Wave 400'+ and have it finish straight, it definitely needs some hyzer.

Skip to hole 7, I think that's the first Wave drive.

Latest posts