• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My bag for a busted up leg

UncleBrother2001

aka Starfirebird/Uncle Matt
Distance Drivers
167 Innova G-Star Tern
167 Innova Star Tern

Control/Fairway Drivers
170 Innova G-Star Beast
170 Innova Pro Beast
168 Discmania C-Line PD
168 Discmania P-PD
168 Discraft Z Stalker

Midranges
170 Dynamic Discs Lucid Truth
170 Discraft ESP Comet
175 Dynamic Discs Lucid Suspect

Putters
175 Dynamic Discs Classic Blend Judge(x2)
175 Dynamic Discs Lucid Judge
175 Gateway Eraser Wizard
175 Gateway Soft Magic

Distance Drivers
Innova Tern - G-Star for straight shots with fade and Star for turnovers,rollers and s-shots. Tailwinds

Distance/Control Drivers
Innova Beast - G-Star for s-shots and straight shots and Pro for turnovers and rollers. Tailwind Driver
Discmania C-Line PD - Utilities,pretty overstable,headwind driver
Discmania P-Line PD - My main PD Driver,Love this plastic.Mains use if stable drives that need fade. Great in a headwind.
Discraft Z Stalker - My control fairway driver now. If I need to just stay in the fairway this is what I go for.

Midranges
Dynamic Discs Lucid Truth - My Favorite Midrange of all time. This is coming from a Comet/Roc fan for years. Does surprising Well in a Headwind and Tailwind. Loves to be forehanded and it is so easy to Control.
Discraft ESP Comet - Main Midrange now. I use it for many shots. I can put it anywhere it needs to go with great control.
Dynamic Discs Lucid Suspect - Utility Midrange. Great for forehands and overstable drives.

Putters
Dynamic Discs Classic Blend Judge(x2) - Main putters,approach shots and some drives
Dynamic Discs Lucid Judge - Used for Drives. Works good in all wind conditions.
Gateway Eraser Wizard - Windy Day Putter. Uses are also for those putts that need to hyzer around a tree or those lofty forehand approaches in a tight spot.
Gateway Soft Magic - This is my mini comet. Main Putting Driver at the moment. does what my comet can do but is shorter in distance.

Now that the bag is posted I can go into the leg.

Back in June I ended up falling down a steep hill while it was raining. The left leg rolled up under me and it popped pretty dang loud. I thought for sure my leg was gonna be dangled over when I got up. To my amazement it wasn't but i knew it was a serious injury.

Went to the doctor and I ended up fracturing the bone below my knee and tore my MCL. It's been 6 months and it still hurts me. It's gotten better but it will take at least a full year before it heals.

So the bag you see me using now is the bag I have to run with since I can't fully use the X-Step like I use to. I have gained a ton of accuracy now and my game relies on accuracy,placement shots and good putting. Use to I had enough power to where the placement shots were few and far between. even though I injured myself pretty badly it has done a lot for my game.

It's funny now. I get called old man because I'm always in pain and making pain noises when I walk through the course.

All I know is I wasn't going to let this injury keep from playing something i Love. My soon to be wife thinks I'm crazy for playing in my condition,but she knows I'm hardheaded and will go play anyways. :)

Sorry to hear about the leg. Bag looks solid - with a few substitutions of similar discs (preference, really), I could happily throw that bag.

Sorry to hear about the leg. Bag looks solid - with a few substitutions of similar discs (preference, really), I could happily throw that bag.

Thanks man. I really do like the bag. Took me a bit of time on the course to see what works for me now,but it was worth it. :thmbup:

Tomorrow is gonna be a nice day out for some disc golf. Gonna be 58 outside and sunny. After this cold spell we have had this is gonna feel like summer.

Leg is a little sore,but I've got my Blue Emu ready,my compression sock and my knee brace so I'll be ready to hit the course.

Found a really nice disc when I was out and I seen the guy who lost it,but i couldn't catch up to him. there was no name,but I'm hoping I see him out there so I can give it back to him.

What has made you decide on the blend judges over all the other putters you used to throw?

Ever since I busted up my leg I really had to rethink my bag. Had to go with more neutral discs since I don't have the power I use to.

The Classic Blend Judges are perfect for me right now. Had to change my putting style since it's hard for me to push off my left leg due to having some pain. The Classic Blend Judges just worked great for me so I stuck with them. Plus they are really easy to use. You don't really have to put a lot of power on your putts for them to hit 30ft+.

I like te bag overall, I hope your leg heal up well and that you are able to throw your normal nah before long.

The only absence is an OS driver but with yor leg in that shape, you are wise not to bother. Coming off a fairly serious knee injury I threw a similar setup.

Make sure it's not Tom heavy while your recovering!

I like te bag overall, I hope your leg heal up well and that you are able to throw your normal nah before long.

The only absence is an OS driver but with yor leg in that shape, you are wise not to bother. Coming off a fairly serious knee injury I threw a similar setup.

Make sure it's not Tom heavy while your recovering!

Thanks man.

I was able to go out the other day and throw some. didn't shoot good score wise(bad putting),but had some killer drives.

leg is still hurting,but it starting to get a little better now. I ended up getting some of that Tommie Copper for my Knee and my Ankle and it works wonders for my leg. I would highly suggest the stuff

I'm also tryin to keep my molds down to 10,but I need to add a super stupid overstable fairway type/utility driver.

I'm looking at either adding a Trident,XXX or a Banshee.

I've been out of the loop for a while so I'm not sure which really overstable drivers has came out since Latitude 64 released those.

Probably gonna take out my Wizard and just use my Lucid Judge for wind. It worked good for me the other day so I don't really think I need a Wizard in the bag.

As a primarily Discraft thrower the Flick is my crazy OS Driver. I have recently added a Nuke OS so that is more Max D while the Flick is closer to a Fairway that is EVEN MORE OS.

That slot has been very difficult for me to fill as well. Mostly due to the fact that so much of my early days of playing revolved around an X-Clone. I kept two (heavy/light) in pretty decent shape for a LOONG time but they beat up so bad and just became uncontrollably flippy when I started throwing some fresher/beefier discs.

All that said, I do not carry a true OS-FD, but use a Speed 9 class Flick for that in between slot which is usually a forehand grip... for a lefty.

Latest posts