• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My version of the Grip Eq bag

There's a small pocket on the front where the plier holster clips on. After I sewed on zipper stops, I sewed up the bottom of the pocket; holds a couple of pencils quite nicely.
Also, the internal frame holds discs quite nicely, no tendency to fall out at all.

Have been getting inquiries from people in my league, "Cabelas has a bag for DG?"

Last edited:
bag2.jpg

^^ This is the fame I would like the dimensions for. I just got the bag and really like it so far...just a little tippy without enough discs in the bottom it seems. Can you tell me all the connectors are needed and if 5 or 10 feet of pvc is enough, 1/2 or 3/4. I am also thinking I am going to go with schedule 80 for the extra support. I am wondering how you made the second level of the pvc frame since the bag narrows up toward the top. nice cushion too!

Did we ever get the dimensions on this? I didn't see it anywhere. I'm driving to Cabela's to pick one of these up today and might as well stop at Home Depot while I'm out in civilization.

Just got my bag. Now I need to put the frame together. I couldn't find the 3-way slip joint PVC pieces at any local hardware store so I had to order them.

Just got my bag. Now I need to put the frame together. I couldn't find the 3-way slip joint PVC pieces at any local hardware store so I had to order them.
Lowe's has them in store.
Home Depot does'nt even carry them.

Did you end up making one? Could you post the dimensions?

Finally pulled the trigger on this bag, so count me in for another request for frame dimensions if anyone has 'em... LtDan914 mentioned that he tried 9-3/4" tall, 13-1/2" wide, and 6-1/2" deep - How's that working for you?

Also, I'm curious to hear if anyone has found a Camelback bladder that fits well in the top compartment...

Finally pulled the trigger on this bag, so count me in for another request for frame dimensions if anyone has 'em... LtDan914 mentioned that he tried 9-3/4" tall, 13-1/2" wide, and 6-1/2" deep - How's that working for you?

Also, I'm curious to hear if anyone has found a Camelback bladder that fits well in the top compartment...

I had to shorten the height to get the frame inside the bag.

Quick update after receiving mine - Lt. Dan's dimensions are great with the exception of the height - I had to cut it down to 9-1/2" to get the zipper closed.

Also, this bag is awesome.

I tried and couldn't get it to fit through the top when assembled.

Same experience here - Even with 1/2" less height, I had to take the two 'top' pieces and two 'front' pieces off to fit the frame in through the bottom opening.

Discpack.JPG

Mine came today. Had the frame ready. Need to pin or sew the flap, and I want to add the gaffer's tape to the frame, maybe the cardboard or corrugated plastic at the top of the frame. I'm thinking about making some corrugated plastic sliding dividers as well, so the discs keep standing even with a few out.

I've got 20 in the main chamber and a putter. You could easily fit another 6 or 8 in the top section. More than enough space. PVC, bag, and shipping about $70.