• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My version of the Grip Eq bag

Does the flap for the bottom compartment with discs in it just hang there most the time or does it have a strap?

Best DIY bag I have seen yet. Nice work!

On the bottom compartment I leave the zippers up just a little on each side so the flap stays up but moves easily when I reach for a disc. It would be very easy to roll it up and pin it to the bag though, heck you could fold it back under the pvc frame if you wanted to.

on a quick day i have been leaving the bottom zipped up and pulling the discs out of the top of the bag, this does cut out the top storage and top putter pocket but for a day when you are carrying less its a cool way to carry the bag also. the top divider folds up nicely out of the way, this is truly reminiscent of the grip. Thanks again op for the bag idea and all the mods this bag is the shizzle.

Just posting an update. My bag is still holding up great and people at the course are still asking about once they realize that it is not a real "disc golf" bag. The PVC mod posted by LTDan made a big difference and is so easy to do.

Just wanted to see how everyone else's is doing. Is there anyone who has not liked the bag after using it for a while?

Mine is still going strong, well over 100 rounds and no signs of wear other than being dirty.

I've set this thing in plenty of mud and puddles and it seems to do a great job of not absorbing water. The stitching is all holding strong, likewise for all the clips and zippers .

I did remove my bottle holder the other day as I was tired of my xylene bottle not fitting well. Going to sew on some padded bottle holders in the near future, I'll update with pics once I finish it.

Mine is going great. I use this withe the BitTorrent zipped up. I pull the discs out of the opening in the top. I safety pinned the top compartment to the top inside of the bag. This created a putter pocket inside the bag. I'll post pics later, this bag is bad ass set up like this.

About 70 rounds no sign if wear super comfy, only 50 bucks!!

Awesome. I'm guessing this is the $69.99 version that they have listed online? Sort of makes me regret my recent purchase, but oh well.

While searching their site I came across this which also intrigued me. I'm tempted to take a look in person to see how discs would fit in there.

s7_125067_999_alt01_01

Looks like an over sized fanny-pack.

im liking mine since i built the pvc frame.

the only problem is that i carry too many discs and too much stuff now.

When I post my pics later you may be less inclined to carry too much. The set up of the bag in te way that I have it is less storage but still enough.

yeah man the op deserves some mad props. I saved at least 100 bucks on a backpack style bag, and this with a simple frame and two safety pins you cannot go wrong.

@ Mrglass01

Looks pretty legit, I prefer the hiking trail packs for much added space. (gotta carry that kitchen sink with me somewhere) So I would love to have that upper compartment. But it does look alot like the grip.

good job!

I actually bought a trail pack yesterday, have to find that old thread.

I actually bought a trail pack yesterday, have to find that old thread.[/QUOTE]

thanks and what is this trail pack you speak of. I have been backpacking for years and have learned the opposite lesson, i only carry what i need, that is why i love this bag set up like this. there is still 2 bigger pickets for the extras, a spot on the side for a mini and sharpies.

I actually bought a trail pack yesterday, have to find that old thread.

thanks and what is this trail pack you speak of. I have been backpacking for years and have learned the opposite lesson, i only carry what i need, that is why i love this bag set up like this. there is still 2 bigger pickets for the extras, a spot on the side for a mini and sharpies.[/QUOTE]

Here it is. http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1297593#post1297593

Living in the pacific northwest we are blessed with beautifully wooded parks. Though we have solid rain for 9 months out of the year to get these courses. So I always need alot of towels.

I always bring lots of snacks, and during the spring it can rain then get real sunny and warm so I aways need to dress down and be able to put these somewhere with me so if it starts raining again I can put those clothes back on.

I finally added a pvc frame to mine. Heavier but vastly better.
Best 50 dollar dgolf bag in the world.

IMG_20120309_231647-1.jpg

Last edited:
With the middle flap being able to be unzipped, would it be possible to build an internal frame to the top of the bag? That way you could make the bag a stool, and still access your discs from the safety pinned lower outside flap. Saw a Gorilla Boy bag that had internal PVC frame/ stool and was wondering if that setup would work for this bag. I ordered one of these this morning and will find out for myself soon.

Latest posts