• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My version of the Grip Eq bag

How much weight can that seat hold? Also my idea was for this bag is to make a frame so the discs sit that the top of the bag rather than the bottom. What I mean is rather than the discs be at the bottom like most people are doing make a frame so you reach into the top of the bag to get your discs. I feel that this would work better than having the discs in the bottom compartment. Do you guys think this would work? Is there any point in trying to do this? I have a bag but actually use it for fishing lol. I have a lat 64 bag and I love the amount of storage it has. Can you fit a sweatshirt or rain suit into this bag will all the discs? My lat 64 bag is starting to fall apart and I want a cheaper backpack bag and this seems like a good option. Let me know what you guys think, thanks!

You can easily fit a sweatshirt and rain suit in the top storage. On page 8 I posted some pictures of the stuff I regularly store in my bag.

I previously posted that I would have to save up for this, but I just received an award at work, and one of the selections was a gift card to Cabela's for $50. guess I have enough to buy and mod this bag. Look forward to getting started on it...

Now I'm going to have to buy more discs to fill it...

honestly i dont think this is anything like the grip bag, other than its a backpack. its more like a revolution dual pack. the discs are in the bottom with a frame, the storage is on top, zip open putter pocket, and the flap for the bottom compartment zips down to the bottom rather than up like on the grip.

im probably going to be selling mine (with the frame) if anyone is interested.

You have pics? I'm interested.

Which bag is better: The regular Cabela or the deluxe Cabela? I see many of you having made mods to the regular.

the deluxe will not work as well. I went to a local Cabela's store to check them both out. Somehow the regular one just has a perfect compartment, where the deluxe one does not.

Has anyone looked at converting one of these? This is in the same family as the backpack. I think you could add D-rings for Quad-Straps right at the X.

My nearest Cabela's is several hundred miles away, so I'm not going to be able to check them out.....

s7_121612_008_01

the deluxe will not work as well. I went to a local Cabela's store to check them both out. Somehow the regular one just has a perfect compartment, where the deluxe one does not.

I'm wondering if it will work without building a frame of pvc. I read on here I think where someone used a piece of memory foam in the bottom to get a memory of the discs so they wouldn't fall out.

I'm wondering if it will work without building a frame of pvc. I read on here I think where someone used a piece of memory foam in the bottom to get a memory of the discs so they wouldn't fall out.
One of the biggest advantages to building/using a frame is to bring some rigidity to the bottom of the bag so it doesn't fall over or fold in on itself if you have items in the upper compartment. You can certainly use the bag without a frame, but a frame really makes the bag solid when you're putting it down on uneven ground.

Wow I thought that was a scorekeeper. :doh: I can't wait to get mine in the mail. UPS says it'll be here by the 18th. I got all my pvc, custom drink caddy, patches, stool, and tags waiting for it. :D

Just a thought guys, has anyone thought about a modification by attaching a folding stool to the bag itself? Kind of like the innova discarrier stool straps setup. I think it might be possible but seeing as I dont have my bag I cant look at it and see where I might connect it.

So basically the backpack plus the stool...

Attachments

• caddyseat.jpeg
    caddyseat.jpeg
    34.9 KB · Views: 48
  • OM-folding-stool-30013.jpg
    OM-folding-stool-30013.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 24
I'll 2nd that thought. The Deluxe is larger, but the compartments aren't the right shapes or in the right places. Just don't see it being a good option for DG.

Has anyone looked at converting one of these? This is in the same family as the backpack. I think you could add D-rings for Quad-Straps right at the X.

My nearest Cabela's is several hundred miles away, so I'm not going to be able to check them out.....

s7_121612_008_01

IMO - makes no sense to get that. The bag pictured is the Super Magnum: costs $60. If you prefer that style of bag to a backpack get a Fade Tourney and save a few bucks. But don't forget, a decent set of straps will run anywhere from $25-40 if you don't already have them... makes the Cabela's backpack setup look like an incredible bargain when you consider a Fade Tourney is about $45, plus another $30 or so for straps, or $200 for a Grip or similar backpack from Prodiscus, etc.

IMO - makes no sense to get that. The bag pictured is the Super Magnum: costs $60. If you prefer that style of bag to a backpack get a Fade Tourney and save a few bucks. But don't forget, a decent set of straps will run anywhere from $25-40 if you don't already have them... makes the Cabela's backpack setup look like an incredible bargain when you consider a Fade Tourney is about $45, plus another $30 or so for straps, or $200 for a Grip or similar backpack from Prodiscus, etc.
Good points - I ordered the Pro and will do the mods highlighted in the threads....

Can't wait!

:)

Latest posts