• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My version of the Grip Eq bag

Sorry for being off topic but how do I post a new thread? I just started using dgcourse review and cant seem to find a link

Let's see how it works...

Finished my PVC frame (same setup as Fred Vegas').
Lt. Dan's dimensions just fit, and you have to put the last couple of parts together in the bag. Took some persuading, but it actually fits pretty well. Thanks to them, Tistoude, and everyone else who shared their wisdom.

Using the velcro rold holder straps to hold a tri-pod camp stool. Got a mini in the pocket between the drink and the main bag. Using safety pins as zipper stops - wanna dial that in and make sure I'm happy with it before making any serious mods. Will try this out tomorrow during a league round. Not sure I like the ingress/egress for the discs furthest to the L/R, and I need to find a convenient pencil holder, but we'll see. Seems pretty promising.
:popcorn:

There's 19 on the bottom, and two putters visible. Yeah, I know - I should condense my arsenal :eek:

Attachments

• Bag 001.jpg
    Bag 001.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 447
Last edited:
I'm wondering if it will work without building a frame of pvc. I read on here I think where someone used a piece of memory foam in the bottom to get a memory of the discs so they wouldn't fall out.

It's very usable without the frame. I haven't made my frame yet but I have about 10 rounds on my bag and it's doing great. About the only thing I don't like is trying to use the front pocket as a putter pocket (not quite deep enough) and not having a true drink pocket on the bag.

I'm sure people know this already but the side pocket is not meant for a drink. It's meant to be dry storage for your phone or wallet which is why it sucks. I took a female clip from down below and swapped it for the male clip up top so I could at least clip in and lock a bottle in place which I'm riding my bike to the course.

These can be used without the frame.

I put a dopey 99 cent store magazine track in mine.

Magazine rack ^

Here's the latest iteration with a few more Bagyvers

Heavy coat of plasti dip (bottom was getting worked)
Added Sewn zipper stops (Thanks FredVegasDGC)
Pizza Box Lid anti sagging device (Thanks pizza dude)
Folded Lower compartment cover under frame and added a plastic insert to help keep it upright
This ^ keeps discs inside a bit better than just PVC frame

Removed front upper frame section to make removing/inserting discs quicker/easier

Future mods: Bigger drink holder (possibly 2), replace pizza lid with flexible, light plastic version

cabelabong.jpg

just ordered mine, should be here next week. with work award discount, total price for bag comes to $8.94. PVC maybe another $10. Looking forward to getting this bag.

I ordered Cabela's XPG Deluxe Angler's Pack and got it in a couple of days ago. I haven't built any kind of internal frame contraption, as I am still working on how best to organize my gear, but I have to tell you that I am going to dig this bag. For one, I am a soccer coach; this week I have been able to carry around cleats and extra soccer gear for coaching as well as an 18-disc assortment in the bottom pouch for when I throw a bit after our practices (7 mids, 4 fairways, and 7 drivers). I will have my putters in the mid-level pocket or the top single-disc-sized pocket; this bag could comfortably hold 25 discs. I am looking forward to testing it out this weekend over the course of a couple of rounds.

I've got about 10 rounds on the new bag. It's Awesome!!! The only mod not on here so far... I canabilized the drink holder off my old Discraft bag, and hand sewed on the same side as the cell phone pocket which is now a secret pocket, holds a 1 liter bottle. 004.jpg

Just wanted to add a few other thoughts and pictures. The following 2 quotes are from the Grip thread, I'm not bagging on Grip, in fact I've never really seen one up close, just what I read.

Q: "I'm sure this has been talked about, but 117 pages is too much for me to go through. Is there enough room to throw a hoodie and a rain jacket in there while carrying 15-18 discs? "

A: "A hoodie would be tight but a rain coat no problem. I also roll up my fleece Pullover and put it in the drink holder "

:\ $200 and almost enough room for a hoodie?

This is what I can comfortably fit
007.jpg

11 Drivers
5 mids
2 putters
12"x24" heavy duty towel
Hoodie
heavy rain vinyl coat
Bug Spray
Sun Block
Baseball
and I ran out of sh!t to put in there so I just stuck a tabacco can to take up more space (about the size of a Quart mason jar)
013.jpg
009.jpg

I don't really carry all that but wanted to see what could fit in just the large compartment. @ $120 less and more storage .....the fish bag FTW:hfive:

Nice mods so far posted. Mine just came in today, is sitting on my front porch. can't wait for 5pm so I can go home and check this thing out.:D

ok, got the bag, made the frame and the bag looks sweet. got 16 discs in the bottom with room for maybe two more and two in the putter pocket. still have to dial in the height of the safety pins, but once that is set, I will sew it on that spot. pics to come, as I can't figure out the wife's camera and they're all blurry. Just need to decorate it and I'm all set. Damn good find, thanks for posting this, OP.

I think I have been persuaded. I just sold my GB Silverback and I am now going to invest in this backpack. I haven't read the pvc dimensions just yet but I am very excited.

I have to say I have been seeing these bags popping up on the course quite a bit lately. In my area at least there probably more players with these than the GRIP or Revo bags.

took my bag out for my first round of 18 yesterday in the first day of decently warm weather we've seen in the carolinas. I see what everyone says about the drink holder, it just is too soft. will probably steal one from elsewhere and attach it to mine. I did do the buckle swap so I actually have a usable strap to keep the water bottle from bouncing around while in there, but it's just too flimsy to easily pull the bottle out and put it back in without using both hands. Otherwise, no problems with the bag at all. well, one. it's so much heavier than my standard innova bag with the frame and all my discs in there it's gonna take some usage to get used to it. can't blame the bag for that, though. still trying to figure out pic posting and getting decent shots, but it looks all the same as the pothers posted here until I get some really good patches and stuff. thinking about one or two mods not tried here yet, but will post more abou them if/when I do them. Great bag so far, and with my giftr from work, I'm in it about $25 total. I paid more at Dicks Sporting Goods for the standard bag 5 years ago.