• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Need a course recommendation for Florida

i_spock

Hello,

I will be staying in New Smyrna Beach next week and am looking to get a round in somewhere on Monday 10/5. I'm willing to drive 30-45 minutes if need be. Looking for a course recommendation somewhere in the vicinity.

Thanks!

Another vote for River City Nature Trail. I thought it was an excellent course and rated it as such in my review.... interesting lines and good fun factor.

Yup, one of the highest rated courses in FL and another shorter technical course that should be nearly complete if not completed already in the same park.
Someone's been working on a 2nd course in that park?

Thanks! That course looks pretty crazy with so many baskets to throw at on each hole...I've seen smaller courses in WI with two baskets and two different tee pads per hole, but that is pretty much just to get you 18 holes in a small space. Looks fun though. Never played 600+ ft holes before.

I looked at Tuscawilla park also and that one, looks pretty nice too. Anyone know that one?

Only one basket per hole, but multiple pin locations so hole layout can be changed form time to time.

Another vote for River City Nature Trail. I thought it was an excellent course and rated it as such in my review.... interesting lines and good fun factor.

Someone's been working on a 2nd course in that park?

Yes, the club has been putting in a 2nd course.
So far there are 18 baskets and 9 concrete tees. Signage is in the works, but still a lot of clearing and other work left to do on it

Yes, the club has been putting in a 2nd course.
So far there are 18 baskets and 9 concrete tees. Signage is in the works, but still a lot of clearing and other work left to do on it

Yeah, definitely not done but I played it months ago before any signs or tee pads and managed to find my way around it and it was fun. Going to be a great compliment to the original course.