• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Need help! Courses in Orlando FL

discgolf4lif3

Birdie Member
I'm going to FL next month and NEED to disc golf.. way to cold here lol..

So here's where you come in.. If you could only hit up a few courses near Orlando which 5 courses from 1 being most preferred to 5 being if you couldn't go to 123or4

Thanks guys :hfive:

Limited answer
1---Turkey Lake
2---probably Barnett Park

Note that each has two 18-hole layouts, so in a way, that's a top-4.

That's all I've played in Orlando.....but Turkey Lake is a great pleasure to play. There are 2 layouts, one harder than the other, and both loop back to the parking lot after 9 holes so you've really got 4 9-hole loops you can mix and match. It's in a pretty secluded park, with gated entry ($), which is a bonus.

Turkey lake fo sho. You'll never forget the sound a disc makes as it smacks a palm tree.

The Turkeynator at Turkey Lake is one of my favorite courses. Play there a lot.

You can also drive up to Ocala and play the Greenway Course. It's pretty damn good as well.

Haven't been out to rock springs yet but looks like there might be two courses on site there as well. And that pretty much covers Orlando.

PS my avatar is me retrieving a disc from Turkey Lake.

Orlando

Barnett Park has two courses and Turkey lake is 20 minutes away that
has two courses (turkeynator is tuff but ok) both places should be enough!
1: barnett
2: barnett
3: turkey lake
4: plenty of golf

Mort

I have a good friend who lives and plays there and he said definately Turkey Lake and Barnett Park also. Bob Lewis, who runs the pro shop at Barnett Park is a friend of mine who is from right here in my hometown.

There's a course that is also 1.5 miles from the airport that is a 9 hole with two baskets and two pads on each hole. Forget the name but I enjoyed it.

Airport Lakes Park is the name
Barnett Park North Course 18th hole 315 to a Island Nice
Turkey Lake nice also

When are going down?

1. Turkey Lake
2. Barnett Park
3. Rock Springs
4. DeBary
5. Airport Lakes (watch out for gay prostitutes, they won't hurt you or anything but I'd leave my shirt)

I just moved to Ohio in June but am heading back down to Orlando (actually Mt Dora) for Christmas.( lived in the Orlando area for the last 21 years) My buddies and I are already planning a full schedule of golf where we get up early and drive to another town then play all day. We'll have one day where we hit T2 and RSR (championship course). One day in Sarasota, One day in Ocala (Pine Oaks and Greenway) and one day up in Jax. If you'll be there between 12/18 and 12/29 and want to hit some courses with us hit me up !

1. Turkey Lake
2. Barnett Park
3. River City Nature Park - DeBary, FL
4. Rock Springs Ridge - Apopka, FL

Turkey Lake & Barnett Park are the 2 obvious choices right in Orlando.

Airport Lakes is ok, but don't choose Airport Lakes over Turkey Lake or Barnett Park.

If you have time, try to make a trip up to River City Nature Park in DeBary (30 minute drive north of Orlando). The course is on a very scenic property and is coming along nicely with 9 more holes added a few months ago. I help run the club and we move the baskets every 6 weeks with 3 - 5 pin placements on each hole allowing for LOTS of variety. We are currently saving up for concrete teepads for the next 9 holes (almost at our goal!) and we are shooting for this month or by January to have at LEAST the short pads completed. It's a work in progress but is quickly becoming a local favorite. Disc golf is the only thing in the park and disc golfers will be there in drones by late afternoon. It's basically a big disc golf hangout all day, packed full of locals and visiting players alike. There will surely be several gang golf groups out there, but they are usually friendly locals and should let you play through and/or help you find your way around if you need help. Once you've played the course through, it's easy to remember the layout which doubles back to the parking lot after each 9 holes.

Rock Springs Ridge is ok as far as the design, but a bit pricey in terms of what the Rock Springs management expects disc golfers to pay. The executive course is too short and easy (but perfect for beginners) and the championship course, while a worthy challenge, does not get the TLC you would expect from a pay to play venue. The carpet teepads are now in terrible shape and no concrete seems to be in the plans. I would say that the folks running Rock Springs Ridge need to talk to the people running Pine Oaks in Ocala so maybe they can learn a little something about making a pay to play course attractive to players. Rock Springs has potential, but right now, as is, there are much better free courses to play in the central FL area.