• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Need help picking a putter...

I highly recommend Prodigy putters. I use the PA1 & PA4. They are both beadless and shallow. I hear a lot of people saying good things about the PA3 (Beaded). I didn't like the PA2 because the edges felt too sharp. Prodigy has great plastic for putters with the 300 and 350g.

How's the dome? I really love a flat or close to flat top, I'm not a fan of domey putters.

For shallow feeling putting putter the Pure is the best trilogy choice.

If you are looking out of the box, the atom has a great feel.

How's the dome? I really love a flat or close to flat top, I'm not a fan of domey putters.

PA4s are flat tops. When I recommended them as an alternative to the Warden in my earlier post, I forgot to say they were from Prodigy. The PA4 is flat, shallow-gripped, and straight-flying.

I still recommend the Warden first. Go to Youtube and find the "Is This Disc Right For You?" series by Dynamic Discs and watch the ones on the Judge and the Warden. This video explains how the Warden does not tail off on longer putts like the Judge does (Judge being a bit more overstable).

But the Prodigys are good too.

No dome on either. I use the 350g plastic for both my PA1 and PA4. I prefer the stiffer feel. Reminds me a lot of KC Pro (Innova).

I'm trying to decide on what putter (for in the circle) to give a try. I know what feels good in my hands, but there are no stores nearby and I'm forced to order online.

As far as feel goes, I prefer something shallow with a flat top. I'm cycling three BT Firm Harps in my bag, and love them for approaches and short drives (I can even flick them!), and they feel great in hand for putting, but I find them too fast and overstable for putting (they were designed to be driving putters).

I should also point out that I really like WestSide's BT Firm plastic for putting (I hate super soft putters), so I would prefer suggestions that were in the Trilogy, but am willing to try something new.

So knowing that I prefer shallow rims with a flat top, what can you guys recommend for me?

Another vote for the Pure: Zero Hard or Medium. Shallow rim, flat top and a less stable flight (than the Harp) great for putting and throwing...

Classic Hard Judge. It is shallow and almost all I own have next to no dome with the same great plastic as Bt Hard. Or a Yeti Aviar, although I do not care much for the plastic, the shape is pretty good.

Last edited:
I have a buddy who swears by his Judge (never seen a guy bomb so many 25-30 footers in a single round before), I'll ask to borrow it for a few putts and see how it feels. The Warden sounds promising.

Do this. I think a Pure may be too different from the Harp, both in feel and flight.

Last edited:

Latest posts