• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Need info on how to run ball and disc golf on the same course..

dethyr

Ok so a local 9 holes golf course is very interested in installing an 18+ hole disc golf course. I did a tourney on this course with portables and it was a raging success in all ways.

This course is a bit different than your usual golf course, it's a privately owned kind of backwoods type deal. The actual ball golf quality of the course is not very high and the course is located about 30 mins out of the way so the ball golf traffic is not overly high on the course.

Now, I gather that keeping baskets out of the middle of fairways and main ball golf lines is a must forsure but can anyone else give me more suggestions, information and also give me names and locations of courses that have this going on in Canada or the US? I'd like to see some examples and have examples to show the course owners to show them that it is very possible and can be very successful.

Thanks in advance.

Come see Fort Snelling and Wirth Par 3 in Minneapolis. Even better, I'll consult with you so you can use your design with the benefit of my experience.

I'll be cheaper than the cost of fixing it later.

Country club and municipal golf courses in emporia kansas. Both courses have baskets permanently installed. None of the baskets installed are in the fairway. For tournaments they bring in a basket or two. Both courses have specific days that you can play disc golf. Two very good courses.

Played Steve's Wirth Par 3 this summer for the National Senior Games. You should take him up on that offer. Haven't played this one (yet), but happen to know that Whisky Run, in Ontario, plays both sports in tandem, using tee times.

There's a bunch here in California: from Verdugo and goat hill in SoCal to Sunrise, Brooktrails, Black Rock, and a couple of new developing courses (one designed by Greg Barsby in Oroville, and another designed by me in the bay area). Each one is different. Perhaps the most important factor is the course's length. If the golf course has several par 4s and 5s you could potentially do a two for one (or even three for one) type of course. That is, you'd have two dg holes per golf hole. If it's an executive par 3, then you probably don't have room to have 2 dg holes per golf hole and either need to make it a 9 hole DG course or have two baskets and perhaps two tees per hole.

I'm not a big fan of concurrent play. Better to simply give a disc golfer a tee time and let them play the course like any golfer. Of course slower play might lead to some play throughs by rushed golfers. Typical etiquitte should suffice.

Spring Valley outside of Houston

18 holes in the woods around the ball golf course and 9 holes that share the course. The 9 that share the ball golf course are closed on the weekends when the ball golf traffic picks up.

Let your golf course know that they have revenue potential of stocking discs and having a pro shop on site.

Latest posts