• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Need just a bit of help with Latitude 64 discs

StarFirebird

Banned
Well i guess it's more of questions than help...well a bit of both.

I just recently purchased the Latitude 64 Opto Pure and the Gold Line River. Both are amazing,best discs I have ever used. Just wondering what in my bag compares to the different Latitude 64 discs. I guess you could say replace(well some of them).

This is what I have in my bag.

Drivers
Discraft Z Nuke
Discraft Z Nuke SS
Innova Champion Valkyrie
Discraft Z Avenger
Discraft Z Predator
Innova Champion Teebird
Innova Star Teebird
Discraft Z Glide

Midrange
Discraft Ti Buzzz
Discraft Z Comet
Discraft Z Wasp

Driving Putters
Discraft ESP Zone
Discraft APX
Discraft Ringer(Already Using one of My Pure's in place of the Ringer)

My other question is this. Is my Teebird's considered overlap when compared with the River? I threw them side by side earlier and I felt the Teebirds were more stable and the River felt like a Leopard on Steroids.

And one more question. Are all of the Latitude 64 discs as awesome as these two I purchased? If so my bag is going to go through some changes.

For those who take the time to check this out I appreciate it. :thmbup:

Last edited:
I think that youre lying.
Looking at the discs you throw, there is no way a river is the best youve thrown.

I think that youre lying.
Looking at the discs you throw, there is no way a river is the best youve thrown.

Did you really just say that?

No seriously man.I've never thrown a disc with so much glide and control in my life. I can just barely throw the thing at 70% power and it glides forever. I sold two guys at the course today on this disc. After they played a round with me watching me use the Pure and the River they said they were going to order these.

Now let's hope the next comments are helpful.

I share your love of Lat 64, and Westside too.

I've never thrown a Glide, but I bet the Underworld or Diamond would be similar.

Warship is pretty similar to Buzzz, maybe a notch straighter and longer.

Saint might be comparable to Teebird.

Fuse is similar to Comet I've heard, never thrown a Comet.

That's all I got, except a day where I am testing out a new Lat64 is always a good day.

Ill tackle the easy question first: there will be no overlap between your Teebirds and River. River is neutral to understable with mad glide. A Teebird is overstable with a little glide. Even a beat-to-piss DX Teebird will not overlap with your River. So no need to worry about that.

Yes, Lat64 is awesome but just like any company, not every disc is a home run. The only ones I bag are the Saint and Pure...but yeah, the Pure is the best putting putter Ive used. I have it in all plastics...everyething from grip to zero to optic to RGL. For driving putters, you could probably replace all you have with just a Pure and a Sinus. Si us is overstable. Other than that, you have a pretty solid bag. If you would post what you use each disc for, you could probably get better responses as to what to replace.

Why don't you do the oppostie? Check out what latitude 64 offers in their line up, and then you can figure out what could be useful for you. I don't want to sound like a smart ass, but it seems logical to me anyway... They don't have a thousand different discs to look at. Inbound disc golf could also be very useful. http://www.inboundsdiscgolf.com/content/

When I bought my river (which I agree with you is an amazing disc), I also bought a saint. The saint is now the driver I throw the most. This disc also has amazing glide. It's longer than a TeeBird and has a little bit of turn to it. Maybe more like your Valk but with a little less turn? Anyways, it's easily one of my favorite discs in my bag.

The Lat 64 discs I like are; Halo, Villain, Blitz, Saint, Fury, River, Pain, Mace, Fuse, Pure

The Westside discs I like are; Giant, Sword, King, Boatman, Northman, Stag, Warship, Swan 2

The Dynamic Discs discs I like are; Trespass, Escape, Suspect, Judge

You can't go wrong with any of the above, but like, someone, else said, not every disc is a home run

Honestly, most Saints are nothing like Teebirds. They don't really like wind too much. A Stag is way more TB like, but still doesn't like wind that much.

Ill tackle the easy question first: there will be no overlap between your Teebirds and River. River is neutral to understable with mad glide. A Teebird is overstable with a little glide. Even a beat-to-piss DX Teebird will not overlap with your River. So no need to worry about that.

Yes, Lat64 is awesome but just like any company, not every disc is a home run. The only ones I bag are the Saint and Pure...but yeah, the Pure is the best putting putter Ive used. I have it in all plastics...everyething from grip to zero to optic to RGL. For driving putters, you could probably replace all you have with just a Pure and a Sinus. Si us is overstable. Other than that, you have a pretty solid bag. If you would post what you use each disc for, you could probably get better responses as to what to replace.

As much as I like my Pure,I may do the same thing. I was making putts today with it that I just don't make with me KC Pro Aviars. I have full confidence making putts with the Pure. that is what you want in a putter.After all these years of playing I've finally found that. :thmbup:

What does the Saint throw like. I've heard it is good as well. I thought about maybe getting the XXX to replace my Predator,but not so sure if that's the right disc.Truthfully I only use my predator for trick shots and get out of crap shots.

Would the Sinus be better than my Zone? I really enjoy my Zone and i use it for quit a bit of holes in my area.

I will do as you suggested and post what I use each disc for.

to other posters: i appreciate your input it has been helpful.

Only one I own is a GL Havoc. Love it. The plastic is ridiculously top of the line and the disc itself is consistent. Comparable to a champion boss, with more glide.

Honestly, most Saints are nothing like Teebirds. They don't really like wind too much. A Stag is way more TB like, but still doesn't like wind that much.

I agree in many ways, just got a stag and I'm still playing with it, but it is a little faster then a TB but I think it handles with wind pretty well so far. Saint's flip a little easier then TB's but I haven't flipped my Stag yet (give it time). I love TB's and always have one in my bag, the stag is a little different though, I keep it in my "experimental" slot because I'm not sure exactly where it will fit yet. The DD escape I find a little more like the TB, but I've only thrown it a few times. To be fair thug, all of the discs in question/comparison are faster then the TB

as suggested I'll post my bag to help narrow down good Latitude candidates for my bag to possibly replace what i use.

Drivers
Discraft Z Nuke - Big Wide Open Distance and S shots. Very stable and controllable for me.

Discraft Z Nuke SS - Big Wide Open Turnover Shots and Max Distance Roller.

Innova Champion Valkyrie - My main wooded driver,easy to control in woods and i use it for shorter distance turnovers and roller shots.

Discraft Z Avenger - Shorter Version Of my Nuke.Easy to control and goes about the same distance as my Valkyrie,maybe just a bit further.

Discraft Z Predator - Get out of crap disc,Tomahawks,forehands and forehand rollers.Pretty much just multipurpose.

Innova Champion Teebird - Great shoot down the gut fairway driver.Has more Stability with good fade finish on the end.Great for high power wooded shots because of the stability.

Innova Star Teebird - More beat in than my Champion.But does good for down the gut shots and wooded shots as well. Goes really straight for me with a small fade finish on the end. wherever i point it,it goes straight everytime.

Discraft Z Glide - My go to disc for when a Driver is too much and a Midrange is not enough. Throw it straight and it turns over very easy and controlled,throw it with hyzer and it flips up and goes dead nuts straight.

Midrange
Discraft Ti Buzzz - straight to small hyzer midrange.Very easy to control and has some good distance to it.

Discraft Z Comet - Very Straight to Anhyzer Midrange. Same with the Buzzz easy to control and has the same distance as my Buzzz.

Discraft Z Wasp - Go to Hyzer bomb midrange. Can throw it hard straight and it will always go straight and come out in a good controlled hyzer.Throw it with extreme hyzer and it becomes a hyzer bomb disc.Also used for some technical shots like tomahawks and forehands.

Driving Putters
Discraft ESP Zone - Used for hyzer shots that are very easy to control.When it hits the ground there is very little worry of it skipping a mile,which i like.I use it for some Tomahawks and forehands.

Discraft APX - Was using this for my upshots and anhyzer shots,but today came to the realization that My Opto Pure does it better and more consistant.

Discraft Ringer - Same with the ringer.Figured out my Opto Pure works great for straight shots with a slight fade on the end.Which is what my ringer would do.

Only one I own is a GL Havoc. Love it. The plastic is ridiculously top of the line and the disc itself is consistent. Comparable to a champion boss, with more glide.

Nice man that's good to know.

I had a Boss before and threw it for a bit,but always went back to the Nuke. So I guess it would be a like a Nuke too then.

Wouldn't that depend on the plastic and the wear of the Teebird? I've only thrown a well-seasoned DX Teebird, and the Saint handles wind better than that.

Drivers
Discraft Z Nuke
Discraft Z Nuke SS
Innova Champion Valkyrie Opto River
Discraft Z Avenger maybe a high PLH, flat Striker
Discraft Z Predator GL xXx; flat optos are crazy overstable (but fun)
Innova Champion Teebird Maybe a good Striker
Innova Star Teebird Maybe a domey Striker
Discraft Z Glide GL Fuse

Midrange
Discraft Ti Buzzz Maybe a heavy VIP Warship or a good, non-flippy Core
Discraft Z Comet Opto Fuse
Discraft Z Wasp Maybe the Mace or Pain

Driving Putters
Discraft ESP Zone Not really an equivalent, maybe a DD Suspect
Discraft APX
Discraft Ringer(Already Using one of My Pure's in place of the Ringer)

Teebird and River don't overlap too much, you're good to go. Lat discs that are absolutely must tries are the Fuse, Warship (technically Westside) and xXx.

Did you really just say that?

No seriously man.I've never thrown a disc with so much glide and control in my life. I can just barely throw the thing at 70% power and it glides forever. I sold two guys at the course today on this disc. After they played a round with me watching me use the Pure and the River they said they were going to order these.

Now let's hope the next comments are helpful.

Hopefully you know i was just giving you a hard time but you response actually serves my opionion.
All that glide and the lack of stability, while impressive at first (especially those struggling with distance), will likely come back to bite you. Sure it can be a lil longer than other fairways but dont be so quick to assume thats a good thing; its not like there arent longer discs.
That lack of fade makes it unreliabl compared to other fairways. Most that like the disc tend to use it as a distance driver moreso than a fw.
The rivers been out for a couple yrs now and most have pulled them from thier bag...its a real rarity to find someone throwing a river thats more than a yr old.

Drivers
Discraft Z Nuke
Discraft Z Nuke SS
Innova Champion Valkyrie Opto River
Discraft Z Avenger maybe a high PLH, flat Striker
Discraft Z Predator GL xXx; flat optos are crazy overstable (but fun)
Innova Champion Teebird Maybe a good Striker
Innova Star Teebird Maybe a domey Striker
Discraft Z Glide GL Fuse

Teebird and River don't overlap too much, you're good to go. Lat discs that are absolutely must tries are the Fuse, Warship (technically Westside) and xXx.

Pretty much right on....although I would say a GL Saint in that Z Avenger spot, but again that could just be my throwing style. I highly reccomend a Saint anyway. I never really got the Teebird comparisons with the Saint. For me, its more like a shorter yet glidier Krait. I took the Kraits out because of the Saint.

But one thing that deserves a mention is not to go hog wild or "all in" with one brand. Throw what you know and enjoy. I wouldn't ditch your whole bag at once. Maybe try one or two a month.

Hopefully you know i was just giving you a hard time but you response actually serves my opionion.
All that glide and the lack of stability, while impressive at first (especially those struggling with distance), will likely come back to bite you. Sure it can be a lil longer than other fairways but dont be so quick to assume thats a good thing; its not like there arent longer discs.
That lack of fade makes it unreliabl compared to other fairways. Most that like the disc tend to use it as a distance driver moreso than a fw.
The rivers been out for a couple yrs now and most have pulled them from thier bag...its a real rarity to find someone throwing a river thats more than a yr old.

Do you actually have data or you just know people all stop throwing their River? Also, if they don't have a River in their bag, how do you know they used to throw it? Just curious about what kind of actual facts support this. It might be true, I find it interesting for sure.

Sorry man,just took it as a snarky remark.

My River,even though only a day old it's going to be a keeper.i like the grip of this disc over the Leopard and i do feel the river fills the straight to understable spot nicely in my bag. Once I get more use to this disc It will be great.

I don't really have trouble with distance I just really like how much glide and control this disc has.It's just one of those disc when in your hand you know you can do good things with it. I guess that just comes from playing for so many years.

Pretty much right on....although I would say a GL Saint in that Z Avenger spot, but again that could just be my throwing style. I highly reccomend a Saint anyway. I never really got the Teebird comparisons with the Saint. For me, its more like a shorter yet glidier Krait. I took the Kraits out because of the Saint.

But one thing that deserves a mention is not to go hog wild or "all in" with one brand. Throw what you know and enjoy. I wouldn't ditch your whole bag at once. Maybe try one or two a month.

No worries man on ditching my whole bag. The Saint,The Sinus,The XXX and the Striker are my main interests at the moment. the Saint or Striker would replace my Avenger,the XXX for my Predator and possibly the Sinus for my Zone.

The rest of my bag I'm pretty happy with especially my midranges,sometimes my Nuke SS can be a pain in the butt though lol

Thanks BrotherDave for the comparisons. :thmbup: