• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Need just a bit of help with Latitude 64 discs

Do you actually have data or you just know people all stop throwing their River? Also, if they don't have a River in their bag, how do you know they used to throw it? Just curious about what kind of actual facts support this. It might be true, I find it interesting for sure.

By data im guessing you want a link? I dont have that for you but notice none of the guys with vast lat expierence spout the river as their fav or standout.
Just because i only throw discraft doesnt mean i havent thrown or owned other brands, including two rivers.
I play with many different players and the conversation about discs is common.
Ive also intoduced 5 players that i can think of that have thrown rivers. Both of the rivers ive owned came from them.
On top of real life, i follow whats posted on this board.

Imho, the only reason im being questioned on my cred for said disc is bc its lat.

This is what I have in my bag.

Drivers
Discraft Z Nuke- Opto Halo
Discraft Z Nuke SS- TP King
Innova Champion Valkyrie- GL Saint
Discraft Z Avenger- Opto Striker
Discraft Z Predator- GL XXX lightweight
Innova Champion Teebird- Opto Riot
Innova Star Teebird- GL Striker
Discraft Z Glide- GL Vison

Midrange
Discraft Ti Buzzz- GL Core
Discraft Z Comet- Opto Fuse
Discraft Z Wasp- Opto Pain/ GL Mace?

Driving Putters
Discraft ESP Zone- Sinus
Discraft APX- Grip line Pure
Discraft Ringer(Already Using one of My Pure's in place of the Ringer)

Wouldn't that depend on the plastic and the wear of the Teebird? I've only thrown a well-seasoned DX Teebird, and the Saint handles wind better than that.

I'm talking fresh out of the box *TB vs GL Saint. The only Saint I have that is even slightly TB like is a max weight Opto, but it still doesn't handle wind like a TB. Saint has some turn and a more glide than the TB. I trust my very well seasoned *TB into the wind way more than my Saints.

Saints are amazing, but they aren't Teebirds.

I primarily throw Lats, and besides what has already been suggested to you, I would HIGHLY, Highly recommend the Flow; awesome all around disc. At least the one I have, I would put as a stable TB on steroids…

Has anyone mentioned the Flow?

I've had so much variations with Teebirds, (don't get me wrong, I still carry and love them) but with one of my TB I equate it with a Flow, another one with the Saint and another with…etc… and I am talking out of the box, not different stages of wear.

My suggestion would be if you were to buy 2 new lat disc molds, it would be the Saint and Flow. Flow's a little longer and more stable and the Saint is a little shorter and less stable. I am not a huge fan of the striker in comparison with these two. (but of course, to each their own) the 3rd would be the XXX, for something silly overstable (ie. Thumbers, tomahawks, med-flicks, skip shot… anything meat-hook-esq)

From there… consider the nuke = Halo and nuke SS/katana = havoc.
Have fun!!!

Nuke / I've only thrown beefy nukes... so I would say Westside Giant. Halo fits the stats. But im not a fan of the Halo

Nuke SS / Lat64 Bolt
Valkyrie / Lat64 Vision
Avenger / Closest I can think of is a Goldline Villain
Predator / Lat64 xXx

Teebird / There isnt any "real" teebird in swedish plastic... there are runs of saints that do have resemblance... but I use I seasoned / beat in Goldline xXx for this slot.. but its not a given one.

Glide / Diamond

buzzz / Westside Warship or Lat64 Core... Warship is the better option.
Comet / Lat64 Fuse
Wasp / Lat64 Pain... Havnt thrown the mace.. but that might fit the bill aswell.

zone / Lat64 Sinus
APX / Westside Swan

Lat64 do make good discs. Plastic is in my opinion the best on the market... I usually buy the Opto-plastic that can take any beating. I played during the swedish winter and hit rocks, trees, whatever and they aint going anywhere. But there is knowledge of some inconsistency in some few molds like the Saint and the Striker, what I know of.. (Like a box of chocolate....)

I primarily throw Lats, and besides what has already been suggested to you, I would HIGHLY, Highly recommend the Flow; awesome all around disc. At least the one I have, I would put as a stable TB on steroids…

Has anyone mentioned the Flow?

My suggestion would be if you were to buy 2 new lat disc molds, it would be the Saint and Flow. Flow's a little longer and more stable and the Saint is a little shorter and less
Have fun!!!

Flow is a highly underrated disc for sure. My buddy keeps 5 in the bag of varying weights and blends and just rips them. The only other distance driver he uses is a Trespass, and that's only for headwind throws. I really liked the Flow when I threw it. For me it was kind of like a really glidey Wraith. Not an exact copy, but certainly similar.

I again say get a Saint. Its got enough turn that a newer player or something without a cannon can still get amazing drives with it. I use it almost exclusivley on my 300-350 foot drives, and that's powered down. In open fields Ive gotten it much farther. It hyzer flops, it holds big Hyades, it annys, it does flex shots...great disc. Especially in RGL.

I currently own an opto river and an opto saint in my bag. I threw my buddy's Opto Striker, and that seemed to be a lot more like a Teebird than the saint did. At least that was my results. They need to make a disc that is inbetween a river and an XXX in the same speed range.

There will be no replacing a teebird, at this time, for what lat offers. They will have alternatives but not the equivalent. Everything else there can be duplicated, in my opinion.

While the Opto Fuse is the closest you'll get to a Comet, the differences are worth noting: the Fuse is noticeably faster, while what I love about the Comet is how easily its glide kicks in at lower speeds. Opto Fuse is more in line with an X Comet stability-wise, with a Z Comet being a tick more stable. I imagine a GL Fuse would be a notch more understable than what you'll get from a Comet when new in any plastic.

A heavier VIP Stag (Westside) is a great straight-to-fade disc, though not quite the wind fighter its ratings would indicate (can hold its own, though). In Tournament plastic it has some more wiggle (turn) to it, and is more Eagle X like, whereas the VIP is more almost like a Banshee-light, minus the wind immunity.

Westside Underworld is an amazingly versatile turnover disc. In Tournament plastic it's great for low power turnovers, whereas the VIP's added stability makes it better in the wind (for an US disc) and easier to hyzer flip to straight.

Awesome guys.

Thanks for the added info.

My buddy Mike has a Opto Saint in 170 or 172 weight and a XXX,can't remember weight, in his store. I'll be up there next week,so I'll probably just pick them up then.

I'm also going to order me one of the Sinus and Probably one mold each of the Pure(I still think that is the best putter I have ever used for drives and putting. The Flow is another one I may think of getting,ratings and the drive chart makes this disc look like something I would throw.

Just wanted to say - I bought a fuse and a river a year and a half ago. They are both still in the bag- in fact, they're the only two discs that have stayed in my bag for the past year and a half. My bag is now 90% lat.

If you like the river, throw the river... But do yourself a favor and find yourself a flat fuse.

Just wanted to say - I bought a fuse and a river a year and a half ago. They are both still in the bag- in fact, they're the only two discs that have stayed in my bag for the past year and a half. My bag is now 90% lat.

If you like the river, throw the river... But do yourself a favor and find yourself a flat fuse.

I really do want to get a Fuse,but I really like my Comet. I've heard there is overlap with the 2 discs and I may get 10ft more out of the Fuse.Man, the Fuse is very tempting though.

I really do want to get a Fuse,but I really like my Comet. I've heard there is overlap with the 2 discs and I may get 10ft more out of the Fuse.Man, the Fuse is very tempting though.

I've had the same quandary: I love my Comets, but have always been interested in the Fuse. They're lines will overlap a lot, but they're very different in some ways: Fuse is a way faster disc, whereas the Comet just has that easy glide.

Definitely gonna have overlap with those two. Maybe once your bag's Lat infection spreads you won't end up with a choice ;)

But hey, if it ain't broke, don't go fixin' it.

I've had the same quandary: I love my Comets, but have always been interested in the Fuse. They're lines will overlap a lot, but they're very different in some ways: Fuse is a way faster disc, whereas the Comet just has that easy glide.

That is why I love my Comet. Some shots off the tee around here require that great float and control a comet has.

Definitely gonna have overlap with those two. Maybe once your bag's Lat infection spreads you won't end up with a choice ;)

But hey, if it ain't broke, don't go fixin' it.

I really do want that XXX it's a no brainer replacement for my Predator :hfive:. yeah it is an Infection, threw 2 of their discs and loved them both and now I want more :D

Latest posts