• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New 2012 Ohio Courses

Bikinimower

Par Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
It's almost March!

Do any of you out there have any rumors/inside info on any new courses popping up in Ohio this spring?

I know Lynn-Hunkler Memorial Park in Morristown Ohio has an 18 holer on the way. Pretty pumped about that one because it will be the 1st Disc Golf course in my home county. It'll be nice to have a place to play when I visit home

Is that Belmont county? That would be awesome to have a course near the in-law's. I usually settle for a few rounds at Grand Vue (Moundsville) yellow course as my brother in law and nephews are too intimidated to try the black course. Have you tried those? And do you know when/where this new course will be?

Yes that is Belmont County. And yes I have played both Moundsville courses. The Yellow Course is pretty fun but the Black Course is off the charts.

I don't expect the one in Morristown to come anywhere close to that Grand Vue but I hope it turns out great. No word yet as to who designed it, when it will be ready or what type of course it's gonna be. But I do know it's 18 holes.

I wish that Portsmouth, Oh (directly south of chilicothe) would be on that list. I went home to Portsmouth from Lexington, Ky to realize that there are a ton of great spots.... just nothing in the works that I know of. The closest course is either about a 45 minute drive up river to Ashland, Ky or an hour drive North towards Chilicothe. It's a shame because Shawnee State Park is a BEAUTIFUL area with lots of elevation change and awesome views. I just wonder if the sport will ever spread there. Being at UK in grad school, there is little that I can do from afar. I wish that I had started playing several years ago.

Goshen, OH just north and east of Cincy should be complete by mid summer. Should be another nice 18 hole course for the area. Difficulty wise it looks to fall between Lincoln Ridge and Idlewild.

Goshen, OH just north and east of Cincy should be complete by mid summer. Should be another nice 18 hole course for the area. Difficulty wise it looks to fall between Lincoln Ridge and Idlewild.

Cool! If that's the case the "Big Three" will become the "Big Four". :thmbup:

Cool! If that's the case the "Big Three" will become the "Big Four". :thmbup:

That's just what I've heard from several people. Looking at the puctures you posted I'd agree. I'm hoping to get up there and help out a few times now that I'm about settled in after moving back here from the West Coast. Maybe I'll bring along a couple baskets and see how some of the holes play.

That's just what I've heard from several people. Looking at the puctures you posted I'd agree. I'm hoping to get up there and help out a few times now that I'm about settled in after moving back here from the West Coast. Maybe I'll bring along a couple baskets and see how some of the holes play.

I saw an article in the Enquirer about the park and course. The parks department and city in Goshen are really behind making this a good course for travelers as well as locals. I posted the article on here some where.

Ontario (Mansfield) now has a short 9 hole course.

It is definitely still rough, and for now it only has InStep baskets. Those will be replaced as money is available, and another 9 will be added.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=5342

Maps and scorecards are available in a mailbox on the lamp post when you first come into parking lot.

Ontario (Mansfield) now has a short 9 hole course.

It is definitely still rough, and for now it only has InStep baskets. Those will be replaced as money is available, and another 9 will be added.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=5342

Maps and scorecards are available in a mailbox on the lamp post when you first come into parking lot.

I'm gonna have to start hitting that after work. Finally a course I can do that with pretty easily that is NOT Ashland High School. :thmbup:

The Atwood Lodge & Resort renovation may be adding a coures:

ADDING AMENITIES

Yeager and Budd have plans for the entire family.

An additional parking lot is being designed and planned. It will have the capability of being flooded in the winter and used as an ice skating rink.

Recreational opportunities for families include plans for new tennis courts, bocci, basketball, Frisbee or disc golf, mountain bike trails, skeet shooting, archery, horseback riding trails, paint ball and walking trails.

From Columbus Disc Golf:

I will be once again asking for any possible locations. While they are aware of our numbers it still comes down to cost of maintenance ect. We do not generate money like say softball fields/baskeball courts, ect. do. The flip side is a disc golf course is considerably cheaper than those to install. Installing a city course will also require a lease agreement which will require more work on the clubs part to maintain, but it allows us ownership of our baskets.
I am currently working with Whitehall. Nine holes will be in early spring(long and short tees)(MachIII's and Fly Pads), with the other nine to follow. Some decent elevation changes that hopefully will involve 4 of the 18 holes, some mature wooded holes along river.
Community Park off Hamilton Rd. I hope to make it fun and challenging. Limited space is always an issue.
I'm not sure what courses we are losing you refer to??, and I hope and believe Griggs will survive and flourish with some work on our part.
If anyone finds or has a good lead on possible locations and would like my help let me know.
Thanks,
Paul

New course going in Perrysburg (SW suburb of Toledo) possibly as early as September 1st. Designed by my sister's husband's brother. It's been in the works for over a year, but I first heard about it less than a week ago :doh:

New course going in Perrysburg (SW suburb of Toledo) possibly as early as September 1st. Designed by my sister's husband's brother. It's been in the works for over a year, but I first heard about it less than a week ago :doh:

not on good terms with the sister i guess. :rolleyes:

Where in PBurg?

Latest posts