• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Bag Company - Grip Equipment

Disc pocket makes me nervous, I hate fighting to get the 1st and last disc in/out of the main compartments.

That is the nice thing about GB bags, everything is easily accessible and on display.

Although, does anyone actually use 20 discs in a round (18 plus your two main putters)? I'd think you'd put your occasional use/backup discs on the far edges. And if you're throwing practice shots, the pocket won't be full by the time you reach for those backups on the edges. I've never had a semi-closed pocket like Revo or this new bag, so I don't know. I only carry 16 discs, and I only use 12 of them unless I'm practicing.

Anyone know what grade of material they'll be made in?

emiller3 said:
That is the nice thing about GB bags, everything is easily accessible and on display.

Although, does anyone actually use 20 discs in a round (18 plus your two main putters)? I'd think you'd put your occasional use/backup discs on the far edges. And if you're throwing practice shots, the pocket won't be full by the time you reach for those backups on the edges. I've never had a semi-closed pocket like Revo or this new bag, so I don't know. I only carry 16 discs, and I only use 12 of them unless I'm practicing.

I felt it, and it was 1500+ Cordura I assume. As far as the size, I think there's going to be on the that will be less wide that will hold 15 in the main compartment coming out after this one.

Timko said:
emiller3 said:

I felt it, and it was 1500+ Cordura I assume. As far as the size, I think there's going to be on the that will be less wide that will hold 15 in the main compartment coming out after this one.

I can't remember the material either. It's on the same level as all other hi-end bags. One thing that hasn't been mentioned is that Justin is very consciousness of the entire design process. He aims at designing products that benefit the user and minimally impact the environment.

Timko said:
Man, I can't wait to see these in production.

I'm trying to figure out where it's made right now. If it is a Tom Bihn, then yes, it's made in the US. I assume he got an American company to contract.

Looks awesome! I knew he had been working on a design for awhile from talking to him about it at GBO last year, but didn't know it had made it into production....

Timko said:
I got told the price is around $160. It's being manufactured and co-designed by an existing bag company. I didn't ask Justin who, but it sure looks a whole like the manufacturing on my Tom Bihn.

I'm a shorter guy (5'4"), and the bag fit very nicely. It rode high on my back, which is something very, very important to me for long tournament days.

That putter pocket zips on the top. It's one of the coolest features of the whole bag. The chair also fits nicely in the side.

I like the fact that it will ride high on your back. The one thing that I think that is bothersome with current disc bags is that they are near the lower spine, possibly making the back unnecessarily sore.

The bag looks solid. I might have to pick one up.

On a side note, I found a Wal-Mart backpack that fits two putters on the outside pocket very nicely. I'm going to build a internal frame to hold the discs. Currently, I'm using a magazine holder to hold my discs.

I might do the same. Or possibly keep the Sim for tourney rounds. It's a tough call, the Sim can feel like too much bag a lot of the time, but man, it's nice to have a seat whenever you want it.

some call me...tim? said:
I might do the same. Or possibly keep the Sim for tourney rounds. It's a tough call, the Sim can feel like too much bag a lot of the time, but man, it's nice to have a seat whenever you want it.
yeah im on the fence too, the Sim is the ultimate tourney bag but in most minis or casual rounds i just dont stop and wait for long enough to make sitting down worth it........may keep it and get one of these anyway

Jesse B 707 said:
some call me...tim? said:
yeah im on the fence too, the Sim is the ultimate tourney bag but in most minis or casual rounds i just dont stop and wait for long enough to make sitting down worth it........may keep it and get one of these anyway

That's where I got into trouble. I'm playing less tournament golf this year and more casual, and my Spider Monkey has done me very well. And we have benches on nearly all the courses I play in KC, so I've always got a place to sit.

The bag looks promising. Looking forward to more specs and info as it becomes available. Saw AJ practicing for the fling at milo yesterday. Would have asked to check out the bag if I had looked at this topic beforehand.

Latest posts