• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Bag Company - Grip Equipment

25280910150645264540637.jpg

McCabe just posted this on Facebook. I wonder if mine will be here soon or if he just gave the first batch to his sponsored players.

you know whats funny is that its already been a year to the day since the original preorder and he still cant get the bag right. im all for new items etc for dg because like most,i will buy. but this is disappointing to say the least.im glad i moved on from the bag though like jro said,in the future if the bag and company last,and i can feel and see the bag in person. i may buy one. til then,very doubtful.

Glad I got a mahal. I just need my GripEQ replacement bag so I can sell it to a buddy who has been asking forever.

juju said:
25280910150645264540637.jpg

McCabe just posted this on Facebook. I wonder if mine will be here soon or if he just gave the first batch to his sponsored players.

I thought he sent all the first batch bags back to get fixed up? The communication from J@ certainly leaves some room for improvement.

Yeah, I bet he gave them to team members and figured the preorder issue people can wait another few weeks. As Booter said, it has basically been a year already.

Booter said:
you know whats funny is that its already been a year to the day since the original preorder and he still cant get the bag right. im all for new items etc for dg because like most,i will buy. but this is disappointing to say the least.im glad i moved on from the bag though like jro said,in the future if the bag and company last,and i can feel and see the bag in person. i may buy one. til then,very doubtful.

I agree and wish I would have heeded the lesson learned by the first batch of pre-orderers but I went in on the DD pre-order because the bag looks stellar and surely to hell he would have learned his lesson on over promising, right? Obviously that wasn't the case and here I am, still waiting. My hope now is that he actually delivers a bag that's been reconfigured to address the quality issues. I've already sunk my cash in so hopefully I'll get a solid bag at the end of it. I know the functionality and design of it is just what I'm looking for so I'm sure I'll love the bag (as long as it's quality made) but god damn this whole thing has left a sour taste in my mouth.

I'm jonsin for a bigger bag here and I don't like using my Sim for day to day rounds as it's too awkward and heavy for my tastes. So I've been stuffing my Spider Monkey to the gills and strapping jackets to the side of it in the meantime while I wait and wait. Waaaa waaa waaaaa.... whoa is me.

I've been looking for a bigger bag for a couple months.

The Karma meets all of my primary requirements, but I'm not a Facebook guy, and it's ridiculous to me that that alone keeps me from being able to access their bags.

The Kong doesn't have a big pocket and will take 6 weeks to get. Everything else about it is great.

The Revo looks saggy, the frame either cracks or wears through the bottom of the bag, and it can't hold 18-20 in the main divider. Revo's backpacks have their own issues as well.

The Mahal is absurdly expensive for a bag that only holds 12 in the main compartment and doesn't have a frame.

The Grip bag is the only bag that meets every single one of my requirements from a design perspective. If they can get their act together and deliver some quality, it'd be the perfect bag. For me it's worth waiting another month or so to see if they're able to pull it off. But, I've only been waiting in line for a month and haven't paid any money, so I understand all of the frustration from the early adopters. If the 2nd run isn't a clear improvement, I'll probably be getting a Kong and just trying to stuff my jacket into the smaller pockets.

Um fyi the mahal holds 16 in the main compartment.not to mention the extra room on the sides. More than enough room. I took the fram out. Its not needed ,hence the reason it doesnt come with one

My bad, it looked like 12 on the site, upon closer inspection there are 15. I know the side pockets are huge, I'm sure you can carry tons of discs in the bag. I just really like the 18-20 main compartment in a smaller bag design better.

I do like the collapsing pockets, though.

I've been itching for a Mahal since I saw Disc Junkies and my Grip literally fell apart in the presence of his Mahal. Sadly I don't have the free cash to invest in a mahal even if I sold my new grip(if it ever arrives).

I would consider selling my new grip (if it comes) and investing in a mahal, but I just do not like the look of them. I convinced myself that I liked the look of the sim at first, but I really don't after time now. I don't necessarily hate it, but it just looks (and feels) awkward to me now. The grip looks so much better, imo, than either and the function and use of space looks perfect for what I'm after.

If it lives up to my expectations with functionality and I hope... Quality, I'll forget about the bullshit over time I'm sure. Please get it right j@ and for fuck sake, quit over promising at every opportunity!

Robin Hood said:
Any who was in on the first pre order ever get their supposed T-shirt?

LOL, I was just thinking about that. And, no, I haven't received or even heard anything about my t-shirt.

hahahaha. we'll never see it. I wonder if J@ will ever respond to my email either. My money is on no.

Apothecary said:
im giving grip a hard time on emacs facebook page.

unhappy buyers should join me. :twisted:

Wow, you really need something better to do with your time than to troll facebook. Yeah, the bag has issues and J@ communication skills are horrible, but take it up with him instead of acting like a clown on E-Macs page.

Latest posts