• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Bag Company - Grip Equipment

juju said:
Got my replacement today. The thing looks pretty solid but I already purchased a bag during the year+ wait I had to endure. I wish him the best of luck and think the design is really awesome. Someone is gonna be really happy to get this thing...

You selling here?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

I got mine Saturday and got three tourney rounds in with it. Most noticeable change from the first run bag is the quiver pocket is now large enough to be useful. I had a rattler and a comet in the quiver pocket all weekend.

Hope to take my replacement out tonight for a round. I looked it over and all of my concerns seem to have been addressed, we'll see how it holds up. The only small bummer is the D-rings being removed from the main compartment. They were really great for hanging a towel from.

Quality seems to have gone up a notch, looking forward to putting this bag through the paces.

Holy fuck, GRIP bags (2nd run apparently, since they're made in USA) will be for sale at the European Open, must fondle at least, I'll very likely buy one...

told last week it was shipping

never got confirmation

sent two emails asking about it

he clams on Facebook that everything is wrapping up for 1st run replacements and he is about to do pre-orders

He needs someone else to organize his company because he really doesnt understand that most of his business will be non-pros. If he isn't available to answer email because he is touring, then he shouldn't be the one who is responding to customers. Most of the advertising I see is focused on getting these in the hands of pros and people who play in A Tiers and NT events.

11th round (with Hoey) and I've got a tear between the quiver pocket and the other pocket on the top. That didn't take long...

Jeronimo said:
11th round (with Hoey) and I've got a tear between the quiver pocket and the other pocket on the top. That didn't take long...

Just to clarify. That is the first run, correct? Have you been in touch with J@? Is he sending out a replacement?

zj1002 said:
told last week it was shipping

never got confirmation

sent two emails asking about it

he clams on Facebook that everything is wrapping up for 1st run replacements and he is about to do pre-orders

He needs someone else to organize his company because he really doesnt understand that most of his business will be non-pros. If he isn't available to answer email because he is touring, then he shouldn't be the one who is responding to customers. Most of the advertising I see is focused on getting these in the hands of pros and people who play in A Tiers and NT events.

This is what's bugging me more than everything else at this point. He's prioritizing getting them out to the Pro's, over providing the finished bags as fast as fucking possible to those that have already shelled out the cash. I was curios on the second run timeline here thinking back so I just went and had a look...

Jan. 21st, 2011 - DGR-
what'shisname said:
Man, what the hell is wrong with me? Just pulled the trigger on one that I won't see until March. (hopefully, ha!) I really like my siman already but there some stuff about this bag that really intrigues me. Definitely don't need them both though so one of them will be up for sale within a month or so of tryouts.
(We were looking at a beginning of March ETA at the time I pulled the trigger, FYI)

Posted March 21 2011 - gripeq.com - We cannot release an arrival date yet but it will be this Spring... soon.

Posted March 29 2011 - gripeq.com - The straight talk as of today is that we are scrapping the first run and moving right into a revised second build. Our firm deadline to have this product available is May 31... but we even intend to beat that.

Posted May 24 2011 - gripeq.com - We are on-time and our first shipment will be done by the 31st!

Posted June 23 2011 - gripeq.com - put us back a couple of weeks, but this is nothing even approaching the delays we experienced last year.

hahaha.... yeeeeeeaah. :|

what'shisname said:
Jeronimo said:

Just to clarify. That is the first run, correct? Have you been in touch with J@? Is he sending out a replacement?

Yes.
No.
No (by extension of the 2nd question).

I won't bother him for a replacement unless it becomes a hindrance in it's use. I frequently put myself in the shoes of the manufacturer and as such I refuse to be the "demon" customer that whines about the stupidest shit and demands a refund/replacement. I'm one of the guys that buys Salomon shoes and does NOT take advantage of the warranty because I know that I destroyed the shoe and it wasn't Salomons fault. Call it silly idealism but I want to believe in things like Lifetime Guarantee's that are there when you NEED them, not there for when you want something new. Obviously greedy companies ruin these guarantee's but frequently so do abusive customers.

thats dumb. a high-end bag shouldnt be ripping after 11 rounds. if im paying that much for a bag, i expect durable construction and design and will hold them to their word. you must be made out of money.

Apothecary said:
thats dumb. a high-end bag shouldnt be ripping after 11 rounds. if im paying that much for a bag, i expect durable construction and design and will hold them to their word. you must be made out of a heady mix of compressed chicken byproducts & vag-flesh.
FTFY

Apothecary said:
thats dumb. a high-end bag shouldnt be ripping after 11 rounds. if im paying that much for a bag, i expect durable construction and design and will hold them to their word. you must be made out of money.

It's functionally sound for now. To demand a replacement at this point would be avaricious. When it ceases to function reasonably to my expectations then I will pursue Jasons lifetime guarantee.

Nope, not made of money.

Looking more and more likely that I'll buy one at the EO. I was aiming for a Dual Pack, but seeing as they're getting next to impossible to find, would require a tiny bit of modding, most likely be less comfortable and actually wouldn't be that much cheaper over here, a 2nd run Grip just keeps sounding better. Factor in my collecting tendencies and love for special editions, I'm most likely going to be rocking a Team EU bag starting next week.

Got my replacement bag today. looks as if it is going to be a much more solid, stronger bag. Only time will tell though.

those that got replacement bags this week. did you get any sort of confirmation that it was being shipped and/or tracking #?

zj1002 said:
those that got replacement bags this week. did you get any sort of confirmation that it was being shipped and/or tracking #?

Got the email last week asking my shirt size then yesterday I got home from work and it was on my porch. Had no idea.

Latest posts