• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Bag company LBBAGS

Could have sworn someone was using a 3 liter bladder. Is that correct? I hope so -- I just ordered one after tah 100 degree heat we had all weekend. I was downing two liters by the 10th hole.

That someone was me! I did just notice on my new 2017 Octohaul that the bladder "pocket" seems a little bit shorter, but I was still able to squeeze the 3L in when full. If I only fill it 3/4 full, say 80oz or so, it fits without issue. But when I fill it to the max, it's a tighter fit than it was in my 2016 Octothorpe. The new bladder pocket design is a little bit shorter than the old style, but still works. The only difference between the 3L and 2L Hydrapack is how tall they are.

MUCH BETTER. The Golf Mahal carries very well, but the Octo's are in another league. An even bigger difference if you use a bladder system in the Octo for liquids, which I do when it's hot.

Thanks, I have a ton of bladders.. but never use one on the Mahal because it's a cobbled together system... Might have to check out an Octo... although, then there's a cart.. :\

Could have sworn someone was using a 3 liter bladder. Is that correct? I hope so -- I just ordered one after tah 100 degree heat we had all weekend. I was downing two liters by the 10th hole.

Woah...2 liters is almost 70 ounces. That's a lot of water intake.

Going through the 2L reservoir in one round is quite a bit, but not unheard of.

(FWIW, I don't think the 2L Hydrapak actually holds 2 Liters. At least not with the baffle thingy in there. I have tried to fill it with two 1 quart water bottles and the Hydrapak didn't quite hold it all. Maybe closer to 60 oz, which is still plenty for all but the hottest/longest rounds.)

Every time I see a new post in this thread, I am hoping that someone will say that they are shipping the July 15th Sexton Octos early. Tom Petty was right.

Haha! Close, maybe I was referring to "But remember, good love is hard to find, you got lucky babe when I found you"

Tom is always right. That John Denver is full of sh!t. :hfive:

Every been to the Rockies? The Rocky Mountain High is real! And I don't mean legalization either.

So the 3L fits, but with the baffle open and all the way full it is a SQUEEZE getting it in there, and getting your putters in the top. But it encouraged me to drink more water, which is good.

3L lasted through 2 spins at Dabney State Park yesterday -- about 3 hours of hot weather frolf.

So the 3L fits, but with the baffle open and all the way full it is a SQUEEZE getting it in there, and getting your putters in the top. But it encouraged me to drink more water, which is good.

3L lasted through 2 spins at Dabney State Park yesterday -- about 3 hours of hot weather frolf.

I'm sorry, I should have mentioned that I've always had the baffle closed, never tried it open. Just figured it was a tight enough fit closed, that it would be even tighter open.

And you'd be surprised how much water you will drink when #1: You can carry so much, and #2: When the water it so convenient to drink using the bladder/hose system. I drink WAY more water than I used to when I carried just my 40oz Hydroflask. The big think for me was being able to easily drink with the bag on when using the bladder. Previously I would have to set my bag down to pull out my bottle to drink.

Agreed on all fronts.
The 3L bag is just longer. Tight fit, but totally worth it. And I drank enough atht it was no longer and issue by hole 3 or 4. Of 47 I played.

I have not. I've heard it is tho! I went to college at 3,333 ft ( nothing compared to Rockies) and could tell a difference.

I'd done a couple weekends skiing in Idaho years ago and had not trouble adjusting to the elevation. The first day out in Colorado, and I was struggling to walk in snow. It's no wonder those looking to build their sporting endurance train there. Hope you manage to make it out there. It is breathtaking (and not just because of the elevation! :D)

Agreed on all fronts.
The 3L bag is just longer. Tight fit, but totally worth it. And I drank enough atht it was no longer and issue by hole 3 or 4. Of 47 I played.

Did you get the Hydrapak 3L? I'm eyeing up the 3L full force and dang it looks a lot longer than the 2L that came with my Haul.