• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Bag company LBBAGS

A few initial observations after my first day bagging Rufus (two 18's and one 9 with it in the Zuca; two 9's with it on my back).

~Very comfortable carry

~Contrary to my initial thoughts, the mini pocket is NOT the best place for your cellphone. Too low, too loose. Bend over, and good-bye phone. The elastic-topped detail pocket on the side where the insulated insert fits works great for easy access to the phone during the round. And you can zip keys and wallet away in the pleated detail pocket on the other side of the bag.

~Coming from the UP Rebel, I had to get used to the relatively "closed" front to the main compartment. The Rebel's sides are wide open and there's nothing restricting pulling discs straight out. This is not a complaint about Rufus - just noticed the difference

~ Carting: My Zuca Backpack LG is more than wide enough for Rufus - in fact, there's a few inches of play side-to-side. Never a concern about Rufus falling out though. I'm guessing if you tried Rufus with an open cart (like the MVP) you'd really have to strap it in because it's not wide enough to wedge against the sides

~During the carry rounds, I tried using the water bladder I got with my Fossa Skinny. It fit fine in the long pocket with the gusset designed to hold a bladder, but I think I'm just not a bladder guy. I felt like the hose was always flopping around and besides: what's the secret to really drying out a bladder between uses, so you don't start out the next time with that "old water" taste?

~Plenty of storage room for incidentals, equipment, extra towels. Definitively enough for layers when the weather dictates

~I love how roomy the putter pocket is. As Levi said in one of his videos, it's easy to throw in a driver or mid you pick up as you're playing a hole, and then sorting everything out at the next tee

~And speaking of the putter pocket, the height-adjusting strap is genius. It was very easy to lower the pocket enough to zip up the bag over the putters and throw the back in the trunk for driving to the next course

I still love my old Rebel, but it's better suited to a 25+ disc carry. And the Revolution Carolina Team bag was a misfire for me. Incredibly well-made with quality materials, but also better for a 25+ carry (and you have to be OK with the old tournament-style quad strap setup).

Very happy with my purchase.

My Rufus came last week but I was out of town so planning to get my first round with it today.

what's the secret to really drying out a bladder between uses, so you don't start out the next time with that "old water" taste?

I hate bladders but storing it in the freezer between uses should help. You can probably use something like baking soda, bleach or soap to clean it as well but in my experience (camelback) the water never tastes very good, always has a plastic taste no matter what.

~During the carry rounds, I tried using the water bladder I got with my Fossa Skinny. It fit fine in the long pocket with the gusset designed to hold a bladder, but I think I'm just not a bladder guy. I felt like the hose was always flopping around and besides: what's the secret to really drying out a bladder between uses, so you don't start out the next time with that "old water" taste?

I have 3 bladders and I just rotate them. You can also buy bladder drying racks. They help to keep it exposed to let it dry out.

I use 4 carabiners attached to the shoulder strap at various points to guide the hose through to the end, helps with flopping.

One advantage of using a bladder is that I notice I drink more regularly and stay better hydrated than when using thermoflasks. But they are not for everyone. I think all my hiking has helped me appreciate them.

I have the bladder pound sells on their website, I've also got one of these kits: https://www.amazon.com/Osprey-Hydra...efix=hydration+bladder+cleaning,aps,81&sr=8-6

There are cheaper knockoff options also. The little bag hanger thing is worth the price of admission alone, After a round I dump any remaining water out of my bladder, unclip the straw from the bag, pull the little rubber mouthpiece off the hose and then hang the hose by the middle so any remaining water can run out. I also hang the bag upside down and leave the hanger thing in there until I'm ready to use it again. I think having plenty of air gap in the bag and allowing it to actually dry out has been the biggest improvement. Years ago I had a camelbak and was never impressed with the taste or amount of maintence required. But having a bladder that can be disassembled and easily cleaned as needed has helped, although I still wind up going for the quick/easy waterbottle at least half my rounds anyways.

I have bladders that sit in my bag for months at a time, without anything more than a quick rinse when I refill. Hasn't bothered me one bit.

Mine came in the mail the other day, great looking bag. I like how comfortably the Rufus can handle a reduced number discs, but when stuffed it can fit almost as many as the main cavity of my Octo. The fold down pocket it a nice touch. The only thing I'm not wild about is the top putter pocket.

I would have liked the pocket more if it was squared, like the octo. I don't like raking my hand or discs across the zipper threshold. Although, I do like the adjustable height feature.

I've been using the putter pocket to carry my main putter, mid, fairway driver and distance driver. It's my mini-bag within the bag. Love it.

I've got 2 rounds in on the rufus so far, compared to the haul I like this putter pocket better. Granted I am only putting 3 discs up top vs 4 and I've got the strap adjusted so the putters sit pretty far out. I like that I can more or less drop the putters in as I walk back to my bag compared to the haul where it seems like a 2 handed operation to put the 2 putters back in the bag unless I wedge them in between the 2 discs still remaining in the putter pocket. The putter pocket seems to have a bit of a Grip flavor, which was one of the few things I've missed after switching from grip to pound.

As mentioned the rufus does great with less discs, I played a round with 12 in the main compartment and it didn't suffer from the "empty" issues like a haul would with discs tipping over and sliding under each other etc. I also played a round with 15 in the main compartment and that was equally fine, obviously more snug to get discs in/out but didn't feel overly stuffed.

still waiting to get my shipping notification, pretty disappointed in the delay, and that's coming from someone who has patiently waited for a few LB custom bags to be made. Anyone else still waiting?

Looks like they updated some of the storefront design on the site. They also just dropped the second round of Rufus' (Rufi? Rufuses?) for order.

I've been using the putter pocket to carry my main putter, mid, fairway driver and distance driver. It's my mini-bag within the bag. Love it.

I did this with my Octothorpe recently on a family vacation. The main compartment was all my clothes, side pockets were toiletries and electronics. 4 discs in the putter quiver. Did an entire week with that as my carry-on and no checked bag.

They also just dropped the second round of Rufus' (Rufi? Rufuses?) for order.

if they did, they're already sold out again.

I suppose at this point I should just be content with my custom Carlton, even if I'd be willing to buy a Rufus. I didn't camp drops for GPUs, not going to do it for disc golf bags either.

if they did, they're already sold out again.

I suppose at this point I should just be content with my custom Carlton, even if I'd be willing to buy a Rufus. I didn't camp drops for GPUs, not going to do it for disc golf bags either.

Their website says 2nd round coming soon, so I don't think they dropped and sold out already. I imagine they will make a post on social media prior to the drop.

https://pounddiscgolf.com/collections/all

They just a had a few spare rufus leftover from the first production run. Round 2 supposed to be coming soon, by sept.

So Pound has gone the "people are stupid" route and pulled the prices back $0,01 . . $274,99 is SO much cheaper than $275 . . i really hate this, so stupid