• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New course help Kill Devil Hills, NC

NCFishboy

Our town commissioners meeting has a new peice of land that they would like to develope and it was brought up that a disc golf course would be a good use for the land. They will probably be slow to act as there is another meeting in a couple of week. If anyone has a minute or two could you please send an email to them showing support for the idea. Given I live in a resort area, the Outer Banks of NC, tourism is big business and you could mention that it would be great to travel to a destination that has a course you could play as there really are no close places to play.

Mayor Sheila Davies
[email protected]

Commissioner Mike Hogan
[email protected]

Commissioner Brandi Rheubottom
[email protected]

Commissioner Bill Pitt
[email protected]

Thanks for your help

Sweet! I've always thought an Outer Banks course would be cool

Awesome, I love that part of the state and have been planning to get back that way, now I might have more incentive.

I'll definitely hit them up.

i go there every 4yrs. last time i was bummed there wasnt a course within 35 miles. looks like next time the beach will be seeing a lot less of me

I am very interested in this project. I live in KDH and would be willing to fundraise for a course. Is there a group here or person to contact to get involved. I will be at the April 15th meeting of Commissioners.

I've never been there but wouldn't it be ridiculously windy?

With blowing sand in your face too? Cool. Free googles at the first tee.

But we don't have a ton of wind in NC, so a windy coastal course would be a nice variation from our normal conditions.

The proposed site is the Baum tract wich is a wooded area back off the actual beach by half mile to a mile. Really tall pine trees and live oaks and marsh. Yes it could be really windy but it will just add to the challenge. Around here if you wait to do anything when the weather is perfect then all you do is wait around. In the past I tried to get the county to build a course south of Salvo and thats really on the beach, an old camp ground with small live oaks tons of sand and it would be really windy down there, but they didn't go for it.

Thanks again for any help

Is there a group organized to get ready for the April 15th Commissioners meeting? I think we need a strong showing and with finacial backing I think this could be done.

Oh my god, I would love this so much. I'm always itching to play disc golf when I'm on vacation and if this went in, I would actually have a chance to do that.

nice, i head to KDH to surf so this would be a nice bonus

A DGC in OBX would be really sweet, I go out there every summer and the only course I've played in NC is Farm Life in Williamston.

i have a meeting friday with the parks and recreation about getting one built on emerald isle. i hope everything goes smooth because we need some more here on the coast! i hate driving an hour to go play disc golf

Latest posts