• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New DIY $25 Backpack Bag.

Found one on clearance for 13$....... Have a nice bag with harness, but couldn't resist. It ugly orange and pink plad pattern , and still couldn't stop my self from buying..... Stupid dg addiction!:wall: it is a great little disc back pack for the price. Might have to try some Rit dye on it. Can handle the orange, but pinks gotta go!

It matches most of the plastic in it

Really wish we had a Target in town. Nearest one is an hour drive, really want to check it out in person first. I looked in Wal-Mart earlier seeing if they had anything close, but of course not. They only had like 5 back backs at all. Did find a $10 tackle bag that had potential, but it doesn't have a lot of storage, and only single strap. I'll check Meijer (similar to walmart) later and see what they have.

Did a google search for embark jartop backpack and several of the image results are golf bags :)

Last edited:
Only problem here is that when I try to rest it on a steep hill, it typically falls over and I have to go get all the discs back. :(

Great thread guys! I put a similar raised pvc frame in a carry on luggage bag (side carry type with should strap) WITHOUT the side or middle extended pieces, and it worked ok.

I then had an epiphany and put 5 rubber bands across the two sides, giving me 6 sections for discs. This hold the discs in the order I want them even when I pull one out. It keeps them from twisting and falling down. I can throw half my discs in a fit of rage and the rest are still sitting patiently.

I have to say, I'm kind of jeenius... jeanus.. genius... this works so perfectly!

I also picked up a jarhead for $10 yesterday (the zebra print one was $7) after waiting for them to go on sale and am anxious to adjust the frame dimension to fit and play with it. I can post pictures after I do this.

I am also intrigued by the seat idea, anyone do this?

Last edited:
Mine also at 20 to 30 rounds. I did lighly spray some bed liner on the bottom of mine. Still looks good.

I've had mine since April and I have 187 rounds on it (don't ask - I'm OCD). I haven't been too easy on it through this time as I've had 15-19 discs in plus normally 2 24oz waters and some random stuff in the bottom making it quite heavy. I did plasti-dip the bottom when I got it which is still in pristine shape, but I don't know if that would have held up without the 'dip. The only wear I have on it showed up around round 125 or so and that is the right strap is fraying where it attaches at the top. The first ~1/2" has let go (up to where the top handle is sewed in) but it hasn't changed in the ~60 rounds since.

I've now got a simian on order (should be here by xmas) so as long as it holds out for a few more rounds i'll be thrilled with the value it has given me. I picked this one when I started as I wanted a backpack but didn't want to drop $200 without knowing how much I'd be hooked on the game....now after a few tournies and I know I'm hooked so its time for a proper bag with more storage (and a seat). :)

The Embark Jartop Elite (Cactus Colored) is on sale on Target.com for 50% off. I just got it for $17.50!

Last edited:
The normal jar tops are one sale for $12.50 also. Not all the colors , but not just the fabulous colors......like the one I picked up at my local target for 13$. I picked up a couple of the regular jar tops for gifts and gonna try the elite for my self. I love my orange and pink jar top but it will be nice to have a dedicated pocket for wallet, phone , and keys. If you haven't seen my earlier posts, Here's a pic of my fabulous pink bag I've been carrying since October . Great bag for the price.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
Caved and bought one, okay I bought two. The cheap one and the cheaper one, lol. The black 12.50 and 17 cactus one that I suspect will get pretty dirty looking quick but who cares. I'm going to use the cheaper one at first. If I only use it for field practice day it will be worth it.

If this company is smart they will catch on to the audience that is buying these things up and tailor them more for us.

Latest posts