• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Dyes

runnaman

Eagle Member
The first is a mini. I've never seen a dyed mini and I wanted to see how it worked... it was the same as dying DX, really faded. My brother drew the design, it's pretty cool.

Next, I wanted to try the elmer's glue method, so I did it on my Champion Teebird. I am super happy about this dye. Finally used enough dye in the mix to get it dark enough, and I left the Ken Climo signature on it for added flare. The picture isn't great, but I still like it a lot.

Attachments

• GetAttachment3.jpg
    GetAttachment3.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 78
  • GetAttachment2.jpg
    GetAttachment2.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 88
  • GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 98
Love the glue job.....it kinda looks like a cinnamon roll....yummmmmm

The glue one is very cool looking. And the mini is a neat design too. I sharpied a mini and it didn't last very long.

Yeah, I gave up sharpie after I bought my first box of RIT dye. :p The mini was more of an experiment since I've never seen a home dyed mini before.

nice stuff! a hot glue gun will work too and dry much faster, just be careful to let glue hit air first for a second before applying it so it can cool a touch or the glue will bond too well and be a bitch to get off later.

That's a good idea. I want to try to actually write something with the glue next time, cause it's sooo much easier than cutting vinyl.

nice stuff! a hot glue gun will work too and dry much faster, just be careful to let glue hit air first for a second before applying it so it can cool a touch or the glue will bond too well and be a bitch to get off later.

what do you think would happen if you put the disc into the refridgerator first?

First post I've seen of a glue dye with the glue actually ON the disc, thanks for posting! End result looks great! I will try this on a background. I may end up trying the heat gun method too, I think that may be a bit more accurate so long as you control the heat.

First post I've seen of a glue dye with the glue actually ON the disc, thanks for posting! End result looks great! I will try this on a background. I may end up trying the heat gun method too, I think that may be a bit more accurate so long as you control the heat.

That's before it actually dries. It dries clear (it is Elmer's glue, after all). It takes forever to dry, too.

glue Method...

So forgive this question if its ben asked, but how do you get the glue off after you dye the disc?

Thanks
Josh

Latest posts