• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Guy from SE MI

MIgolfer

Hey all,

I'm from the Ann Arbor area. My friends have been playing for over a year, but I just tried disc golf less than a month ago and already I'm hooked. I've always loved throwing the Frisbee around at the beach when I lived in California. Even though the disc throwing technique is different as night and day, it still feels like an extension of something I've always loved doing.

I was lucky enough to run into a local PDGA player recently who invited me to play with him for a few holes. He gave me some really helpful pointers and said I had some natural talent to build off of. Always fun to learn something new from people who know what they're doing. Hoping to continue that trend of learning here.

Welcome to DGCR from a fellow Michigander! I also play quite a bit in the Ann Arbor/Ypsi area as they have some fun leagues and great courses.

I get to that area few times a year...usually try to hit one new course when I visit. Great area for disc!

Welcome!

If you ever want to see how not to play one of the local courses, PM me. I'm great at pointing out all the trees, rough, and poison ivy you'll want to avoid ...with my discs. :eek:

Welcome golfer. Great sport and a lifetime of enjoyment for me. I also started flipping a "lid" and think you are right, that it is the gateway for many of us into this game.

I'm great at pointing out all the trees, rough, and poison ivy you'll want to avoid ...with my discs. :eek:

^ It seems we have similar talents! My friends probably keep me around for that purpose. ;)

I also play quite a bit in the Ann Arbor/Ypsi area as they have some fun leagues and great courses.

I get to that area few times a year...usually try to hit one new course when I visit. Great area for disc!

^ So I've discovered! I was very excited to see I live within 4 miles of two great courses and within 25 miles of about 30 courses! :D

You should try discgolfscene.com to keep up on what's happening around the A2 area. The site creator lives here and as a result this area is well represented.

You should try discgolfscene.com to keep up on what's happening around the A2 area. The site creator lives here and as a result this area is well represented.

:thmbup:

Definitely hit up Disc Golf Scene and create your profile. Easy way to find leagues, tourneys and casual rounds at your local courses here in Michigan.

Welcome! If you ever want to play a round, PM me. I'm at Hudson mills with the A3 league every Weds around 5. I'm not the best golfer but I have learned a lot from here, definitely willing to give pointers in any area I can. Good luck and have fun!

if you should happen to make the 550 mile trip to the Calumet area, give me a jingle!