• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Improved Voodoo Spinal Tap

The only thing id like to see is a picture with the bag on your back to gauge size a bit. Is the footprint substantially larger than the ergo?

The only thing id like to see is a picture with the bag on your back to gauge size a bit. Is the footprint substantially larger than the ergo?

It is obviously a bigger foot print but the size honestly isn't too bad. it is actually smaller than i thought it was going to be. the ST has wider straps and it is taller but surprisingly they are about the same thickness. Just shaped a bit differently

2remmp4.jpg

vzeejb.jpg

21ce6ix.jpg

Thanks for the response! Awesome picture to compare the two. I really like the looks of both these bags! Currently I'm waiting to hear back from john at BH about a custom ergo2/3 and haven't received much of a response so voodoo may just take my business.

Thanks for the response! Awesome picture to compare the two. I really like the looks of both these bags! Currently I'm waiting to hear back from john at BH about a custom ergo2/3 and haven't received much of a response so voodoo may just take my business.

If you really want a custom ergo the best way is to call him during business hours. But yes you really can't go wrong with either. It boils down to how much storage you want.

She's ready for her maiden voyage this weekend at the Seneca Creek Soiree in Maryland!!

The umbrella on the left side fits perfectly, it's a collapsible black Totes Golf umbrella....the zipper pulls are five-stacked Cobra Knots....the snaps links for the Towch and Utili-Towch are easy to construct.

Game on!

Attachments

• Voodoo Spinal Tap II.jpg
    Voodoo Spinal Tap II.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 200
  • Voodoo with Towch.jpg
    Voodoo with Towch.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 184
  • Voodoo with umbrella and snaps.jpg
    Voodoo with umbrella and snaps.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 155
Pretty comfy I just tried on a fully loaded spinal tap at masters cup. Really comfortable didn't even notice the weight with all the discs inside. Ordered one as soon as I got home.

FREE SHIPPING!

To all aspiring Voodoo Disc Golf ST owners. We have some exciting news. We are offering free shipping within the continental U.S. 😁

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 33
To all aspiring Voodoo Disc Golf ST owners. We have some exciting news. We are offering free shipping within the continental U.S. 😁

Ive been going back and forth on it, but this sealed the deal! I just ordered mine! Went with the Orange! Cant wait to replace my Lat E2!

Got my grey one yesterday; definitely a upgrade to the prior version. Increased rigidity, smarter shoulder straps, better function of putter pouch, tougher materials on small pockets and inside of cavity, improved rainfly design; nailed them all. The main disc compartment seems to hold one less disc than the prior iteration (unless the fabric really relaxes allowing for one more) but the putter pocket definitely accommodates one more disc making it "disc space" neutral. Weight is distributed even a little better on my back (which is saying something). Very happy with the bag.

Celebrate the 4th of July with us. 10% off

We are celebrating the 4th of July by giving you 10% discount on your entire purchase (today through Sunday only)😜 Just enter the promo code USA10 Have a safe and fun 4th of July!!!

http://www.voodoodiscgolf.com

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 12
I'm trying to decide between this bag and the Grip. Grip has free shipping right now, otherwise they cost the same. $23 for shipping is hard to swallow. I'll give it a few more days before making my decision but any advice is appreciated from someone has knowledge of both.

I've been carrying the new Spinal Tap for over a year now, and I've taken a good look at the new Grip bags in person. There are benefits to both bags, as well as a few drawbacks.

Voodoo ST Benefits:
Better materials - The ST uses heavier duty fabric throughout the bag. This isn't to say that it's necessary, but the ST is built like a tank, and still looks new even after a year of play.
Bigger drink holders - The ST can carry a ton of liquid if you need it to. I've fit two 40oz hydroflasks in the side drink holders with ease. The two tiny outside pockets on the sides are also capable of carrying those green 32oz squeezable Gatorade bottles. You could theoretically carry 144oz of liquid without ever touching the inside storage compartments. I don't recommend carrying that much liquid on the course, but you can do it if you want to.
Larger Storage Pockets - The zippered side pockets on the ST are much more generous than the Grip bag. They're deep enough to carry multiple discs if you want to, and that's something you can't do with the Grip bags.
Exterior storage - The exterior storage on the ST is better than the Grip. It's much easier to attach a stool using the velcro loops on the ST, than the cinch loops on the Grip. The outside pockets on the ST are also easier to use, and are more functional.

Grip Bag Benefits:
Plastic runners/feet - The Grip bag has runners on the bottom of the bag to keep it from abrading, and to keep moisture from permeating the bag.
Style/Color Options - There are way more color options for the Grip bags.
Warranty - It's a lifetime warranty for the Grip. Only five years for the ST.
Better pocket storage - While the ST wins out on storage volume. The Grip bags win out on storage organization. Their inner pockets and pouches are way more usable than the ST. The ST's pouches are too flat and restrictive to be useful. The only interior pocket that I routinely use on the ST is the pocket that's meant to store the rainfly.
Rainfly - The rainfly on the Grip bags seem to repel water easier than the rainfly that came with the ST. I prefer the location of the rainfly snaps better on the ST, but the Grip rainfly works better at actually keeping the bag dry.

That's about all I can think of right now, but I'll add more if I come up with anything else. Feel free to shoot me a line if you have questions.

Apparently I'm not allowed to edit posts after five minutes, so here's the same post from above, but with some additional thoughts.

I've been carrying the new Spinal Tap for over a year now, and I've taken a good look at the new Grip bags in person. There are benefits to both bags, as well as a few drawbacks.

Voodoo ST Benefits:
Putter Pocket - Hands down the putter pocket on the ST is way better than the grip. There's no cinch mechanism to prop up a putter, but it holds more discs than the Grip. I currently have five discs in the putter pocket - three Judges, an Envy, and a Harp. It's a squeeze, but four putters fit comfortably. However, if you cram a bunch of stuff in the half moon zipper pocket on the front of the bag, then the putter pocket will not fit as many discs.
Better materials - The ST uses heavier duty fabric throughout the bag. This isn't to say that it's necessary, but the ST is built like a tank, and still looks new even after a year of play.
Bigger drink holders - The ST can carry a ton of liquid if you need it to. I've fit two 40oz hydroflasks in the side drink holders with ease. The two tiny outside pockets on the sides are also capable of carrying those green 32oz squeezable Gatorade bottles. You could theoretically carry 144oz of liquid without ever touching the inside storage compartments. I don't recommend carrying that much liquid on the course, but you can do it if you want to.
Larger Storage Pockets - The zippered side pockets on the ST are much more generous than the Grip bag. They're deep enough to carry multiple discs if you want to, and that's something you can't do with the Grip bags.
Exterior storage - The exterior storage on the ST is better than the Grip. It's much easier to attach a stool using the velcro loops on the ST, than the cinch loops on the Grip. The outside pockets on the ST are also easier to use, and are more functional.

Grip Bag Benefits:
Plastic runners/feet - The Grip bag has runners on the bottom of the bag to keep it from abrading, and to keep moisture from permeating the bag. Depending on where you play this can be an issue. This is one thing I really wish the ST had, and I've considered adding it myself.
Style/Color Options - There are way more color options for the Grip bags.
Warranty - It's a lifetime warranty for the Grip. Only five years for the ST.
Better pocket storage - While the ST wins out on storage volume. The Grip bags win out on storage organization. Their inner pockets and pouches are way more usable than the ST. The ST's pouches are too flat and restrictive to be useful. The only interior pocket that I routinely use on the ST is the pocket that's meant to store the rainfly.
Rainfly - The rainfly on the Grip bags seem to repel water easier than the rainfly that came with the ST. I prefer the location of the rainfly snaps better on the ST, but the Grip rainfly works better at actually keeping the bag dry.

In the end, the Grip is a more compact bag, that carries fewer discs, but makes more efficient use of its internal storage. The ST is a larger bag that is capable of carrying more discs. What it lacks in storage organization it makes up for in volume.

Last edited:
I have the gray Voodoo ST and love it so far. Trying to get some embroidery, or patches sewn on to trick it out. Already made paracord zipper pulls. I'll probably hit it with a little waterproof spray. Do any Voodoo owners have insight on how the bag breaks in? The flap of the main compartment is a little hard to clear the discs and I'm afraid I'll ruin/break/bend the stiff support board. If it's plastic and not cardboard then it's no issue. Either way I absolutely love it. Can't wait for spring to officially bust it out.

Attachments

• IMG_20151210_005246.jpg
    IMG_20151210_005246.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 75
I have the gray Voodoo ST and love it so far. Trying to get some embroidery, or patches sewn on to trick it out. Already made paracord zipper pulls. I'll probably hit it with a little waterproof spray. Do any Voodoo owners have insight on how the bag breaks in? The flap of the main compartment is a little hard to clear the discs and I'm afraid I'll ruin/break/bend the stiff support board. If it's plastic and not cardboard then it's no issue. Either way I absolutely love it. Can't wait for spring to officially bust it out.

I would hope it's not cardboard that wouldn't be good in rainy situations.

Voodoo is quality. If I were upgrading from my Mojo to a backpack I would get a ST. But if I do spend that much, I'll probably get a Delta cart.