• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] New Innova Stuff

Couple years? They were ran in 04...no way Innova held onto them. Sold one run and called it quits.

The ones that are for sale currently, are they embossed? That would be the easiest way to tell if this is old stock or a fresh run within the past year or so.

I wouldn't be surprised if they had a pile from yesterdecade and decided to re-release them now. They've done crazier things! #PrototypeGroovulcan

The ones that are for sale currently, are they embossed? That would be the easiest way to tell if this is old stock or a fresh run within the past year or so.

I wouldn't be surprised if they had a pile from yesterdecade and decided to re-release them now. They've done crazier things! #PrototypeGroovulcan

Not a clue. I was referring to "first run pro tb" stamped ones from years ago...I dont **** with the innova pro shop.

So is new tooling the only way to emboss a disc?

Yes, which is why I question whether Innova discs are embossed or more likely, engraved. The words around the outside of the underside of the flight plate (definitely embossed) are different than the disc name. Which is why I think the name is added post molding. It seems the mold name is in recess in the plastic, not in relief/raised.

The names are added after the disc is molded. I think this is because so many discs share mold parts. If Innova wanted to add the name to old runs, they could.

that is interesting

I may grab a couple. How do they feel? Kinda gummy and slick?

I wouldn't call it gummy, but a little slick. It feels pretty similar to a pro thunderbird I got a few months ago that is penned and not embossed, so I would guess it's the same pro plastic you'd find in recent batches of any other molds. It also feels close enough to the star TB's I bag currently, maybe a little more firm.

I just picked up 4 of the latest run of Pro TB's. I still cycle 2 from the last run. The last run was definitely flippier than many TB's, but is workable and has great grip and glide... awesome for long hyzerflip to turnover shots for me. Personally, I like the understable complement to my other more overstable TB's.

Yup, the older Pinnacle runs are a lot like the pearlier candy pro and/or translucent CE runs. Maybe a touch gummier and swirlier.

Anybody thrown or own those white Naughty/Nice Teebird3s? Curious about their stiffness first, dome and flight characteristics second.

I still think this may be the disc Ricky uses as his beat in Harp replacement. I realize it has minimal fade but if you watch him throw those shots, he doesn't really play the fade a lot of the time. Also, with that glide rating, it should take awhile for them to get flippy.

Latest posts