• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New McBeth ITB

I will never throw 500. Not even in a dream. Heck, I'd be thrilled with 350, consistently.

But you keep working, Nate. You'll get there eventually.

:thmbup:
Haha thanks, but don't count yourself out! I always just think there's some epiphany we need to get there. This will be a year of improvement! :D

I would be happy to max at 400'. Currently hitting around 350'. Just gotta keep at it!

Maybe I can get some tips from Paul at Worlds this year haha.

interesting to see some factory seconds in his bag. same with val.

Noticed this too, I wonder if it's becuase of the feel of te individual discs or if the get more of their stipend for using Xouts?

I use tem becuase I don't have a big disc budget and want to use fillars wisely.

I would assume the F2s are hand selected. I have found some great throwers that were flatter or special that were double stamps dor blemished.

His comment that Nate is teaching him how to throw traditional sidearm hyzers should terrify the field. He's already got that torque-y overstable hyzer down pat, adding more variety to his sidearm variety is scary. He's already the best player in the game, and he's consistently finding ways to improve his game.

Nate isn't a World Champ; I doubt he has anything to teach Paul.

no what was ridiculous was your statement that Paul wouldn't learn anything because Nate isn't a world champ.
True. I think it's ridiculous to think even the best can't learn something, or that they don't have certain weaknesses to improve.

Pros never stop learning. That's why they are pros and those who stop learning are not.

True. I think it's ridiculous to think even the best can't learn something, or that they don't have certain weaknesses to improve.

Pros never stop learning. That's why they are pros and those who stop learning are not.

Thinking that ANYONE doesn't have something to teach you is definitely a way to look like a fool. Paul's mental game, backhand, putting, etc are all dead on but he clearly thinks Nate's sidearm is better (most would agree). Shows his humility, and as you said, that he never stops learning.

THAT should be the scariest thing to take from the video.

It's cool he's learning a cleaner FH, I'm working on one currently. But Nates FH while solid isn't one I would look at and go, "dang that guys got a killer FH". Koling, Ricky, those Gus have great FH shots with good form. I actually am learning to improve by watching them quite a bit.

It's cool he's learning a cleaner FH, I'm working on one currently. But Nates FH while solid isn't one I would look at and go, "dang that guys got a killer FH". Koling, Ricky, those Gus have great FH shots with good form. I actually am learning to improve by watching them quite a bit.

Nate's sidearm is about as placement as it gets. Koling may beat him on distance but Nate is as accurate as it gets. Ricky has got everybody beat by miles in terms of distance sidearms.

Nate's sidearm is about as placement as it gets. Koling may beat him on distance but Nate is as accurate as it gets. Ricky has got everybody beat by miles in terms of distance sidearms.

This. Nate's accuracy is unparalleled for the most part. Many of us in Oregon have said "dang that guys got a killer FH." Most of us were actually using common sense and logic too...soooo.......:|

Last edited:
The thing about kolings forehand is the touch he has with it. Ricky and Paul throw an overstable disc with an s-shot most of the time. Koling can hyzer flip understable midranges sidearm, which I have not seen Ricky or Paul do in competition. Or any other players (with at least moderate success).

"Ricky's FH cost him a Worlds." Perhaps yet more likely kept him in the running for a play off for 2ND.

Paul's training for our all FH battle round... ;)