• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Swingfinder

Just wanted to introduce myself. I have been loitering anonymously in the forums for some time. Led here seeking form advice after discovering Brychanus on youtube when he payed respect to seabass22, unlike so many other youtubers who blatantly borrow from him while trying to pass it off as their own. Thank you to those sharing their knowledge so freely! Blown away by the amount of expertise within these forums.

I will always and consistently aim to attribute what I learn to sources. One forum member here once called what some "creators" are doing as "fracking the land" by taking ideas & monetizing them without attributing them. I'm an academic by day trade and nothing annoys me more than that.

If I don't mention it explicitly, Seabas22/SW22 has taught me almost everything important that I know about the biomechanics and I still have more to learn. Other forum members have had a big influence on me too and I'll shout them out when I can.

In general I remind people to go to SW22 for details on how to move & exact postures. When I made my series I think it was good to do while developing before forgetting what it was like to learn the first time. But there is still some clearly funky action going on so going back to the OG Seabas is my taste.

IMHO other people posting public stuff get things right too (it would be weird if they didn't), but often get them wrong without realizing or saying it. And some of them are outrightly selling you bull****. I have cross checked everything I learn from seabas22 with biomechanics literature and compare to other sports. The dude does his homework and I'm infinitely grateful that he has been as patient with me as he has.

If you get SW's input you are in good hands. I'll try not to do too much damage to people.

Latest posts