• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] New OS Midrange!

RomServo

Eagle Member
Hi everyone! I haven't posted in a few months! Great to be back!:)

I need a new OS Mid!
Something Faster than a Hornet with a similar line but at tick higher LSS and a rim profile that accommodates FH drives or FH wooded upshots. Something not quite as beefy as a drone but maybe as small a diameter up to Mako3 diameter.

C-line MD4 is first in line for ideas so far. I have yet to throw one.

Thank You! :thmbup:

I feel like Wasp isn't the answer you're looking for. Quake is a good one. But the one that comes to mind by your description is the Gila, seems like that's exactly what you want. I'm not sure about the MD4 at all. So Gila.

Have you looked at the Gila? And Amber Gila could be good. Maybe a VIP Bard as well.

Not really familiar with the hornet but Roc X3? maybe a Veridct? MD4s are great as well.

RocX3 is not as overstable as a Hornet (I bag the Hornet and have a RocX3). The RocX3 is pretty straight, especially when thrown with some power, though it does have a reliable fade.

If the OP wants a faster Hornet, I'd suggest stepping up to the Innova Banshee. It's a speed 7, and therefore more of a fairway driver than a mid, but it might be what the OP is seeking.

Yeah the "faster than a hornet part" makes it tough, cuz hornets are damn fast for mids already. Kastaplast Kaxe could be a good option at speed 6. Also second the Quake, love than disc especially in SP line.

The DD Verdict fits the original posters description for me (in any plastic but fresh prime). Comfortable forehand and backhand. Fast for a mid. Powered up fully I can get a slight turn but consistent LSS finish. Backed off slightly and a very dependable os disc throughout flight.

The Verdict is the answer here. It's one of the fastest mids out there, just a bit less stable than a Drone, and FH's great. It sits between a Hornet and Drone in stability IMO.

Seconding the Mortar - may not be faster than the Hornet specifically but it is a great shape for FH, small diameter, and I would think between the Drone and Hornet in stability.

Other than that, the Verdict gives you higher speed. A step above from there you have the Spark or Banshee.

Latest posts