• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New PDGA Site

13:40 EDT and it's back to PDGA message board....

(Okay, now we're just jacking up post counts ;) )

ERic

When it was up I did notice a lot of missing content.. it was quite slow as well. I think it'll be a while before we see a 100% functional PDGA website.

Sounds like you are right Timg. As long as you are up it really doesn't matter much to me. I used to go there but now I just come here instead.

I am not impressed with the new site. I think it needs a lot of work. Especially for being the official site. It should have a lot more info and a lot less blogging.

PDGA Site.

Recalling from the PDGA website, it offers the name of the person or the contact who maintains a disc golf course. If the basket is broken or the course has been destructed, we'd have called the person who's spearheading the beautification of the course.

Since the PDGA website is under construction, do we happen to have another website that tells who maintains this and that course? I'd love to jump in and help out.

Disc golfing is FUN! :)

Usually checking with the local club is a good place to start. I've never given much thought to the course contact unless it's a private course.

Member directory still missing...

I think the picture with the 1st article on the homepage says a lot...it's the PDGA staff, all five of 'em. It's not like this transition is being handled by an IT department. In the grand scheme of things, the PDGA is a tiny organization with a small budget. The web site is a member benefit, but I doubt many people join the PDGA to support the website. In that way it is a non-revenue generating member extra, not an essential service. I TD'ed events before there was a web site, so trust me when I say the essential functions of the PDGA can go on without one.

They are working on it. I'm sure it will all be running fine soon enough.

It's down again tonight. And yes, I guess I'm racking up posts. Frustrated, though - I really would like to see the new site.

Hmm.. I think it's just you this time. I've been on there a bunch of times today. It worked for me as of 2 seconds ago too.

I don't mind the course directory being down so much :D

PDGA has linked directly to DGCR. On the main menu under Courses, choose Course Directory.

"The online PDGA course directory is currently unavailable. Check back soon! In the meantime, please visit our friends at Disc Golf Course Review for all of your course directory needs."

http://www.pdga.com/course-directory-temp

Latest posts