• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New player here, form check please

SmileyBoy

Par Member
Heya guys

Started playing disc golf this August and got pretty much addicted to this game. I've been throwing 80-90m constantly (80m = 262.4 feet; 90m = 295.2 feet). I've been looking into people showing how to throw further than 300 feet and so but I just don't seem to get it. I can do snaps easily but heck some snaps do be hurting a lot and I don't know the reason for it.

I have 6 youtube videos all showing side ways and two types of videos:
1) fast mode
2) slow mode

Please help me achieve throwing further than 260 feet easy peasy :[

Fast mode playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjYvcGT3UDc&list=PL_YzEkuwu8y2bxfDB16TUvkGy2q6HxziU

Slow mode playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrrgfGirLdw&list=PL_YzEkuwu8y0IInv_M5JCF5-edytXnRMU

I will appreciate the help!

Biggest takeaway would be that you're leading with your toes on your plant foot, and not your heel, thus opening your hips up early, which means they aren't being utilized when you're throwing the disc.

Don't worry about making the slow motion videos. We can go frame-by-frame in Youtube with the , and . keys.

So it's going to feel VERY different for you throwing the correct way. Along with the videos sidewinder posted, his door frame videos will give you the general feeling of what the turnback/reachback should be like.

Also, I'd probably hold off from throwing those 10+ speed drivers when working on field work. Yes, they are fun, but its more difficult to see what you are doing wrong or if you are hitting the angles you want when they all just fly left the entire flight (which is what 10+ speed discs will do at < 300 feet).

Last edited:
Update:
I finally threw 335 ft with Innova Valkryie and MVP Tesla and 348 ft with Innova Valkryie (maximum distance I've ever thrown). I found out about a new thing called power pocket. Time to gain more distance in the future :D

Hype is big :D (throwing constant 300 feets now, never under that unless I threw nose up or disc flipped over because of my angle mistake)