• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] New putter for Girlfriend

Kattrax

My other half has been throwing the Judge as her putter since she has started playing. She just told me that she would like to get a new putter before putting league. She feels like she would be better off if she could find one that is a bit straighter flight like my Pure but something with a shallower rim. Told her I did not know of one but I know someone on here might know. Thank you in advance for any help.

Take a look at the Swan2 or it may be just Swan( not Swan 1 reborn). It's fairly shallow, flies very straight and is t as chunky as a Judge.

I got the first one for my daughter and she really likes it. After trying it, I liked it a lot for putting as well and have been using them off an on for about a year. Mainly cold weather putting, but I've aced with one as well.

Deputy is good if you stick to Trilogy. Personally, I really love the Streamline Pilot for a shallow, straight putter. Fantastic glide, very straight for a putter, and phenomenal off the tee. Finding low profile putters is a bit of a quest for me. I prefer a fairly small putter, but a lot of them are beaded, which just makes them feel larger anyway. Hence, the Pilot. Compact, low profile, microbead.

DD Deputy is exactly that. . straight and shallow. . and it´s Paige P signature disc

Agree on the Deputy. Another possibility is the Prodigy Pa3 (beaded) or Pa4 (non-beaded); these are very straight putters. The Kastaplast Reko in K3 plastic is also good.

Agree on the Deputy. Another possibility is the Prodigy Pa3 (beaded) or Pa4 (non-beaded); these are very straight putters. The Kastaplast Reko in K3 plastic is also good.

I was thinking PA4. It's a fantastic neutral flight putter, but it's a deep dish pizza for sure.

Pure is just about as shallow as any putter out there... Maybe something like a dart? If she likes the judge and wants straighter, warden. I see a lot of women who like DD throwing the deputy though. Also things like the magic, pilot, even classic aviars in DX are good and straight. Maybe help her learn a modified grip to comensate fpr that extra depth? The new Bullfrog is also advertised as shallow and straight. Good luck.

Last edited:
100% agree on Deputy. I don't putt with them, but both my dubs partner and Mrs. GoobyPls do.

This is probably way out of the box, but my girlfriend putts with a 161g Plasma Envy. It's the only putter she's used in her 2 years of playing, so it's relatively seasoned. I wouldn't call it a straight flyer like the Pure, but it's shallow and dead straight inside the circle. I imagine it would be straight off the tee considering the weight.

I'm just here to add another Deputy suggestion. She's already familiar with the plastic and it matches the description of what she's looking for.

If you're looking for SUPER shallow, a gateway shaman or chief may be a good fit as well.

My other half has been throwing the Judge as her putter since she has started playing. She just told me that she would like to get a new putter before putting league. She feels like she would be better off if she could find one that is a bit straighter flight like my Pure but something with a shallower rim. Told her I did not know of one but I know someone on here might know. Thank you in advance for any help.

If not married to Dynamic disc or other from the Latitude 64 factory then the Colt might work, in fact a top female pro from Innova uses such a disc herself in XT plastic but it comes in Star as well. Another good one is the Upshot #2 like the Colt or old oop DX, bonus the plastic is really cheep online for both baseline and ProStyle from Amazon and Gotta Go Gotta Throw. ProStyle hold up really well.

Last edited:
First thing I read when I saw the thread title was "New putter or Girlfriend."

Knowing this contingent it actually would not be a surprising question.

I initially thought of Colt because it is shallow and has a lot of glide. But it definitely has high speed turn. So, it will depend on the girlfriend's power whether or not it's "straight". Otherwise, it's a good choice. Available in DX plastic, too, with a cool stamp.

Thank you all for all the help and thoughts. We are probably going down to Disc Golf Center in Debary this weekend and take this list with us and get a feel for all of them see what she likes. She does not have a lot of power at all. So I think the Colt is not going to work. Going to get her out in the back yard with my Pures and see what she thinks of them. Hope I get them back lol. Thank you all for the suggestions

First thing I read when I saw the thread title was "New putter or Girlfriend."

Knowing this contingent it actually would not be a surprising question.

I thought the thread title was an ISO that belonged in the Marketplace.

New putter for girlfriend, eh? Interesting.

I've been known to sleep with discs,.. never officially declared any as my girlfriend though.

Latest posts